regret!

Who feels regret they didn’t buy enough when things were on sale!?!

To feel that I’d have to have not bought enough when things were on sale…

I regret that I didn’t have more cash sitting around. I put nearly all my cash in. Still not back to where I was on Jan 1, but the red number is getting smaller.

who said the sale is over? SP is still down 34% YTD

I didn’t sell when I was panicking. So I got my stuff back at a bargain, compared to if I had panicked, sorta. As always, the lesson is… if you’re going to panic, panic early.

don’t forget how volatile this market is–we could be at 800 in the S&P in a week and no one would be that surprised…

I think we’ve reached the lows for the time being. The market is going up on bad news coming out everyday.

Who said that the bounce is real? I’m still bearish. I’m getting ready to short the world.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Who said that the bounce is real? I’m still > bearish. I’m getting ready to short the world. agree, that’s why i was buying Nov/Dec calls… will probably start looking at flipping calls to put straddles end of year… mostly on commodity stocks if they rally.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Who said that the bounce is real? I’m still > bearish. I’m getting ready to short the world. agreed. I spent some time studying great depression and japan lost decade. We are nowhere near the bottom.

Which category am I in? I did buy a lot in the dip, but sold out most of it, making about 10% profit.

Dreary Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Which category am I in? I did buy a lot in the > dip, but sold out most of it, making about 10% > profit. Dude, you win…

Yeah, the only problem with shorting the world is that you can only double your money at best, and I that happens, you won’t have anything to spend it on.

fooled by bear rally

this is classic buy the rumor sell the news on the US election, we will be down tomorrow, if we open higher, sell everything you got.

volume is anemic out there…not encouraging for the bull case disclosure: still long a few names…looking to exit and play short side again in next few weeks

What does all this buy the rumor, sell the news thing mean?

It’s a long standing thing that investors say when bad things happen despite good news (because the good news was so widely expected). Technically, If you expect good news and want to sell …you wait for it to come out. Only thing is other people were expecting it too.

For all you guys that work in research, how do your compliance rules influence your ability to trade? For personal accounts, I can only sell at a profit after 60 days. I think things are cheap, but they could certainly become cheaper again. I bought into some stock a 20 days ago, hoping this thing holds up for another month or these trades could become a long term investments.

While there has been like a 18% gain in like the past week, the overall trend is still down. GDP is going to be revised down, the inventory from today guarantees to knock at least 0.1% off growth. Further, GDP for Q4 will likely be disgustingly awful (-3% is current forecasts). There’s still room for us to fall further. Anyway, if Obama’s President, the market will eventually start pricing in a 20% cap gains and dividend tax rate and the market will suck. Probably won’t pass while economy is in recession, but it’s still coming.