Republican House member resigns over 'shirtless craiglist ad'

Muhahahahaha…another ‘moral values Republican’ bites the dust. In fairness to him, he looks pretty fit for his age. http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/02/09/house.lee.resigns/index.html?hpt=T2

“I’m a … fun, classy guy” beneath a picture of him taking his photo with a camera phone in the mirror with no shirt on. Oh the irony.

Because no Democrats are involved in sex scandals?

^exactly what I was thinking! Wasn’t there that Spitzer guy paying a couple of grand per night on hookers? And how about that NC Senator Edwards fathering a child while his wife of 30 years was dying of cancer?? And the former president getting BJs in the oval office??? Give us a break Marcus.

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Because no Democrats are involved in sex scandals? Well at least they are not Hypocrites preaching “moral values” to everyone except for themselves. Also this dude should have stuck to male prostitutes like most Republican congressmen…then he wouldn’t have to resign.

BValGuy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^exactly what I was thinking! Wasn’t there that > Spitzer guy paying a couple of grand per night on > hookers? And how about that NC Senator Edwards > fathering a child while his wife of 30 years was > dying of cancer?? And the former president > getting BJs in the oval office??? > > Give us a break Marcus. You party is founded on “moral values”, “sanctity of heterosexual marriage”, “gays are an abomination”. Don’t you see the hypocricy in your representatives? Or its ok to turn a blind eye to their transgressions?

All republicans don’t run on the moral values meme. Did this guy? I’ve never heard of him before.

I guess since the Dems are more open about their relative lack of morals, it’s all good?

These are the guys trying to limit video games, limit who can be a citizen, redefining what the word rape means, making it illegal for a patient and a doctor to decide the best medical procedure for themselves, letting oil companies and banks dictate policy, trying to ban freedom on the internet for individuals (but not corporations) and tell us that people in far off lands are our enemies. It’s this guy and all the other hypocrite Republican yesmen. These guys. Read this, say you’re proud of the party of NO.

BValGuy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^exactly what I was thinking! Wasn’t there that > Spitzer guy paying a couple of grand per night on > hookers? And how about that NC Senator Edwards > fathering a child while his wife of 30 years was > dying of cancer?? And the former president > getting BJs in the oval office??? > > Give us a break Marcus. If there is a scorekeeper which party had the most congressmen caught in sex scandals in the last 5 years – the republicans or the democrats??

BValGuy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I guess since the Dems are more open about their > relative lack of morals, it’s all good? No, but you don’t around preaching your holier-than-thou attitude, condemning others for their perceieved lack of morals, and trying to rile up your religious voting base - all at the same time engaging in the very same practices. I never see Dems going around condemning gays, atheists, abortion proponents, christians or muslims. Anyone who will cheat on his family, will cheat his constituants … You don’t want moral, ethical congress-critters? republicans re-elected the “family values” Vitter - who was writing “abstinence only” legislation - for the rest of us while canoodling with a prostitute … Ensign is still collecting his salary, health care benefits and will get his pension … Maybe the “law” he broke was on of the original 10 that conservatives want posted on every available wall?

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Because no Democrats are involved in sex scandals? Democrat scandals tend to be about money. Republican scandals tend to be about sex. Clinton tacked to the middle and got both (though only the sex really stuck to him, or at least to the blue dress).

Does it matter? These politicians do it b/c they have a feeling of invincibility, that they are somehow above the common person and also above the law. This isn’t an issue of party affiliation; I’m sure there are plenty of examples on both sides of the aisle. If Marcus wanted to point out this article and simply laugh at the guy for being a tool, I’m ok with that (and would likely join in). But he insists on making this a political issue when politics have nothing to do with it.

All politicians run on platforms of good moral values. Democrats, like Republicans, claim to be morally superior in certain respects. Take for instance health care or any other wealth distribution policy (help the middle class). In any case, I don’t see how this is relevant to the appropriateness of an elected representative posting sexy solicitation ads. If I murder someone, does it make a difference what my political beliefs are? My conclusion is that you’re a clown and I’m not going to participate in this thread any more.

^ I never asked you to. A little butthurt are we?

You guys are all clowns. Why does everyone feel the need to politicize every single story with what policitcal party you support. Why does it matter if he was a Democrat or Republican? It’s always the same back and forth story.

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > All politicians run on platforms of good moral > values. Democrats, like Republicans, claim to be > morally superior in certain respects. Take for > instance health care or any other wealth > distribution policy (help the middle class). In > any case, I don’t see how this is relevant to the > appropriateness of an elected representative > posting sexy solicitation ads. If I murder > someone, does it make a difference what my > political beliefs are? My conclusion is that > you’re a clown and I’m not going to participate in > this thread any more. Isolate every tax that is paid by a guy who make 50 – 100k – sales, state, local, federal, fico, property (or the increase reflected in rent), business tax pushed into consumption, etc. – and compare that to the percentage of taxes paid by someone making 500k+. Then you should be able to see where income is redistributed. You should also analyze what each person in that scenario derives from society/government.

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > BValGuy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ^exactly what I was thinking! Wasn’t there > that > > Spitzer guy paying a couple of grand per night > on > > hookers? And how about that NC Senator Edwards > > fathering a child while his wife of 30 years > was > > dying of cancer?? And the former president > > getting BJs in the oval office??? > > > > Give us a break Marcus. > > > You party is founded on “moral values”, “sanctity > of heterosexual marriage”, “gays are an > abomination”. > > Don’t you see the hypocricy in your > representatives? Or its ok to turn a blind eye to > their transgressions? Please, speaking of hypocrisy… it’s well known that liberals are notorious for supporting redistribution of wealth schemes so long as it does not affect their own pocket book. Or how about Al Gore flying around in a jet to speak about the environment…what a joke…one only need to look at his own lifestyle to see that it’s only about moralizing about others not his own actions. Or how about our Nobel Peace Prize winning president who supports what is essentially a totalitarian regime in Egypt. Marcus preaching about so called conservatives ‘hypocrisy’ is laughable. Anyone who can’t see that we as a society would be better off by simply bull dozing all politicians (regardless of affiliation) into a mass grave is seriously deluded.

I think the media’s blowing this all out of proportion. I mean, who hasn’t at one time or another taken a bare chested picture of themselves in the mirror wearing glittery tassles using their camera phone and posted it on craigslist? On a serious note though, I mean, big deal, was anybody physically harmed or where any laws broken? I just don’t understand why we can’t let politician’s personal lives be their personal lives and just let it at that. They choose to serve the public as their job, but that doesn’t mean we now own their entire lives inside and outside of work. As long as it’s legal and no one died, in my mind it shouldn’t be anybody’s business.

Andrew3032 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anyone who can’t see that we as a society would be > better off by simply bull dozing all politicians > (regardless of affiliation) into a mass grave is > seriously deluded. are you that Tucson nutcase, dude?