Resign your job to study

Hi all I am contemplating on resigning from my job to study L2 exam. Do you think it worth the risk? Considering the job market sucks right now, what are my chances of getting another job? My background is I work for the govt. as a Financial Analyst, thinking about moving to private sector.

I would not do it IF I had a job… You got people like me dying to find a job in this job market. You wana leave yours… I say bust your a** studying while working. It won’t be easy, but having that “flooret” is worth it.

That is the stupidest idea that I’ve ever heard. Edit: Ok, maybe not the *most* stupid idea that I’ve ever heard, but it’s definitely not a good idea.

Thanks all, I need that reality check…

Just study at your desk as often as you can. If you get fired, at least you’ll get unemployment! Quitting a job for a test is a bit asinine. The exam isn’t THAT hard or THAT meaningful.

The downside risk is not worth it. In the worst case scenario you fail the exam and you don’t have a job. If I am a future interviewer of yours and ask you how you left your last job, and you tell me that you left it to study for level 2. How would I think of you?

myb747 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi all I am contemplating on resigning from my job > to study L2 exam. > Do you think it worth the risk? > Considering the job market sucks right now, what > are my chances of getting another job? > My background is I work for the govt. as a > Financial Analyst, thinking about moving to > private sector. are you joking, whats better a L2 candidate with a gov’ment job, or a L3 candidate with no job. your choice.

You have a gov’t job… so you work at most 37.5 hours a week and I’m guessing it’s not high stress? Sounds rough for studying too.

dont quit your job dude. this has been discussed before just do a search.

Actually this is our stress time since we have to do the budget…but is not at Investment Banking hours that’s for sure.

What agency do you work for? And yeah don’t quit your job.

Dude… DONT QUIT … it is very hard for govt people to move to the private sector in this job market, HR are dumbasses and dont wana try to understand if you come from a different industry, even though you have same experience. Why in the world would you quit your govt job. I do agree this is the most stupid idea I heard in a very long time… taking a temp job and leaving a ful time one was the last one. Take personal leave you have time to get it approved, tell your dog is dying and you need time to take care of it …worst take leave without pay… thats what im doing for 2 weeks Just imagine you quit, you fail level 2 and the job market sucks like this… best you can do if you have an MBA is 20/hr temp work

myb747 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi all I am contemplating on resigning from my job > to study L2 exam. > Do you think it worth the risk? > Considering the job market sucks right now, what > are my chances of getting another job? > My background is I work for the govt. as a > Financial Analyst, thinking about moving to > private sector. Bad idea. A friend of mine did that several years ago because he also wanted to focus on Level 2. Everybody told him it was a bad idea but he quit his accounting job anyway. He ended up not taking level 2 because he felt underprepared and couldn’t find a job for almost a year until he started working as a waiter.

I work for for the State govt. During the week of the CFA exam, we are presenting the budget to the public ie. that is our busiest time of the year! Last year while I sat on L1 my boss did not allow me to take any vacation until the budget has been passed (in Mid June). That was the reason why I contemplate on quitting. After reading the response, I change my mind…

gov’ment is where its at.

gubiment

Take vacation now , before the crunch time so you get your studies done… Good choice my friend stay employed.

I can’t take any vacation until mid June… Any ideas on sick leave for the 1st week in June :slight_smile:

There was a lady at my “government job” that had the shingles and she was out for a week

You broke up with your GF and need a week to compose yourself as you are depressed… no one can prove or dis prove you depressed