Retabulation

you bombed the PM. You need to focus there. The morning is not why you failed. That is for sure.

im pretty sure if u had gotten ethics over 70 u would’ve made it…

CFA Jay, i saw ur posts in other threads that you had 2000-2008 morning sessions from CFA…do you still have them? where did you get them from and are they the ACTUAL morning CFA level 3 exams? Appreciated…

Analyzethis07: You got a great score in the IPS part. How did you prepare? Did you attempt it first? I totally bombed that section.

I went through all of the old exams and CFA book examples to identify how I should be answering the questions.

A lot of people lose marks on Portf. Mgmt by simply answering the question instead of saying what (answering the question) and WHY. I found myself doing the same thing during practice exams, but corrected it in time for the exam. Scored over 70% on first 2 q’s. Don’t ask about the rest :slight_smile:

CFA Jay - I would like to get my hands on the 2000-2008 morning sessions as well. I crashed and burned in the morning session this year.

CFA Jay - I’m also on the hunt for the '00 - '08 CFA AM exams. The morning session kicked my a-double-s this year. Any help would be greatly appreciated…

Hey guys, I want your advice on this one. I scored band 5 this year, while I scored band 10 last year. Everything went well this year, I even finished an hour before the end of afternoon session.How the hell is it possible that I scored band 5 when it went a lot better than last year, I studied more (about 350 hours) and did decent on the morning part (about 66%), and totally BOMBED the pm exam? I’m thinking of retabulating not because I’m borderline, but because I just think they corrected the wrong sheet and gave me the score. Is that even possible? Does anyone know if that has happened in the past? To make things clear, to me, it is impossible I scored band 5 after being so confident and mastering the concepts a lot more than last year. What do you guys think?

Denial ain’t just a river in Egypt. Waste of money. I was band 10 in 2009 and did no good. Doubt they mixed up your score sheet.

Just got my retab results. As expected, no change. I prob would have been better wiping my @ss with the 100 but at least it gave me some peace of mind. See you guys next year.

That was fast i had to wait a month last year

Hi Thacharter, What did their email say? THACHARTER Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just got my retab results. As expected, no change. > I prob would have been better wiping my @ss with > the 100 but at least it gave me some peace of > mind. See you guys next year.

As requested, your June 2010 CFA® examination was manually retabulated to ensure that no errors were made in the scoring of your examination. Your examination was verified by candidate number and name and was carefully reviewed to ensure that each answer was graded and that the score was recorded correctly. The total score of your answer book and answer sheet was compared to your total score in the CFA Institute database. No errors were found and your original score remains unchanged. Sincerely, Grading Coordinator CFA Program – Education Division

it’d be fun if you could e-mail them back and ask… “Are you sure? Please check again.” :slight_smile: BTW, I decided to spend some of my poker winnings - I submitted a retabulation request too…

on the L3 exam, when you retab, does someone re-grade your essays? or do they just make sure that the numbers for the scores were added up correctly? (which would obv be retarded, but that is what i have a feeling they do)

I am amazed, percysmith, that your Level I results were changed. Was this due to a correction to a computer glitch that affected a whole batch of exams, or did you ask for a retabulation then? My belief was that in the entire history of the CFA examinations, no grades had ever been changed. percysmith Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was one of those retabulated candidates from > Asia (Hong Kong). It was Level 1 Dec 2003 exam. I > was initially reported as a fail student but was > later re-graded as a pass. > > I tried retabulation in Lvl 3 last year cos I > thought enough of my Essays (3-8) were tabulated > as fail in a consequential series…to no avail. > > I failed again this year. I’m wondering if I > should retabulate this year…but I “moved the > guage” (ie scored >50%) in Economics (MC topic #3) > and Fixed Income Investments (MC Topic #6), so at > most I lost marks on two topics, any retabulation > appears to be a pure waste of money. > > I’m hoping that CFAI will announce that the MCs in > Lvl 3 were wrongly tabulated like the Lvl 1 Dec > 2003 exam, but meanwhile I’ve already set a > appointment entry in my Calendar to pay up on 24 > September.

dpcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > on the L3 exam, when you retab, does someone > re-grade your essays? or do they just make sure > that the numbers for the scores were added up > correctly? (which would obv be retarded, but that > is what i have a feeling they do) RE-ADD ONLY!!!

Thanks for posting the email. I would have thought more info would have been provided.

cfaphil Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey guys, > > I want your advice on this one. I scored band 5 > this year, while I scored band 10 last year. > Everything went well this year, I even finished an > hour before the end of afternoon session.How the > hell is it possible that I scored band 5 when it > went a lot better than last year, I studied more > (about 350 hours) and did decent on the morning > part (about 66%), and totally BOMBED the pm exam? > > > I’m thinking of retabulating not because I’m > borderline, but because I just think they > corrected the wrong sheet and gave me the score. > Is that even possible? Does anyone know if that > has happened in the past? To make things clear, to > me, it is impossible I scored band 5 after being > so confident and mastering the concepts a lot more > than last year. > > What do you guys think? The same happened to me (see Thread “So Weird… Retab?”): 6/8 question below 50% in the afternoon while the morning went OK. I left one hour before the deadline, too… weird. I still can’t believe it…