REviewing

Why do I always feel that my reviewing is inadequate?? I have felt this for all levels but I guess the pressure is on with this one. I’m rereading the Stalla Study Sessions 1 per day and doing all the Stalla and CFAI problems also in the same day…crazy I know. Hopefully this will only take 2-3 weeks and then maybe read through once more… The retention = 0 unless I read the answer and go, oh year I remember that…GRRRRRR. Tappan Zee Bridge here I come, only kiddin folks.

you are not a lone … i would be interested to know if anyone is ‘retaining’ … i read that a lot people are now reviewing second time … but retention?

How do you manage to do all this in 1 day . After work, I hardly get 2 hours in the evening ! :frowning: bigwilly Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why do I always feel that my reviewing is > inadequate?? I have felt this for all levels but I > guess the pressure is on with this one. I’m > rereading the Stalla Study Sessions 1 per day and > doing all the Stalla and CFAI problems also in the > same day…crazy I know. Hopefully this will only > take 2-3 weeks and then maybe read through once > more… > > The retention = 0 unless I read the answer and go, > oh year I remember that…GRRRRRR. Tappan Zee > Bridge here I come, only kiddin folks.

Tell my wife that she can have me after June 7th…I also take Saturday’s off for now so that I can relax my brain and spend some quality time with the wifey. I start work around 6:30-7 everyday but get out around 5, home around 5:30-6ish and study till about 8 or 9 depending on the day…I also study during lunch. Also on SUnday’s I only study for maybe 3 hours or so, that’s my limit for now…any more and I’ve lost focus. When time gets closer I’ll feel the heat but for now I hope its working…

Same, i do 1 schweser session per day 2 on weekdays, some times even 3 + all CFAI questions. It is getting rough and i am already starting to question even my strongest sides (like deriv)

I have had a real problem with after work study this year as compared to other years. I have put in 6-9 hours each on Saturday and Sunday the last couple months… Retention… Some things are starting to stick, SAMURAI, Defined Benefit vs Foundation vs endowment vs life insurance. I still have a lot of formula memorizing to do and questions for that matter.

S - Specified in Advance A - Appropriate M - Measurable U - Unambiguos R - Reflects Current Investment Thesis A - Accountable I - Investable Now could I talk about each one…ummmm…next question

Compare and Contrast: Return based analysis vs Holding based analysis. Compare and contrast the following asset allocation methods: Mean-Variance Resample Method Black-Litterman MC Based ALM Experience Based. Sorry, bigwilly, it was too attempting…-:slight_smile:

Forget that! Too early in the morning.

hahahah!!! Let’s ease into it…

I think i am falling behind. What a waste CFAI readings were. Just to think i read through ever single page of that nonsense. Now i can hardly recall anything :frowning:

Whoa - you all missed the real point of this thread. Bigwilly takes a lunch every day. Slacker.

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think i am falling behind. What a waste CFAI > readings were. Just to think i read through ever > single page of that nonsense. Now i can hardly > recall anything :frowning: Reading CFAI material remindes me of listening to Alan Greenspan’s testimony…you can listen for 2 hours and still be like “What???”

Need food for the brain :)… I never miss lunch whether its early or late in the day I get my grub on.

I don’t think its worth going through notes/CFAI books more than once. At this point, i prefer to do problems for the rest of the time… I am going to start by doing every problem in the CFAI text (readings and end of chapter, unless it looks too basic), then I’llgo through schweser book 6, then a sample exam or two, then redo book 6 a couple of times. Somewhere in there, I am going to make a formula sheet, and then a one page final study guide for the week before the test. Also, I’ll mark some problems that I couldn’t really grasp and redo those until I have them memorized. Second read throughs I think may be a waste of time? You’ll naturally go rereview a section if you can’t get through a problem… Also, I didn’t mention above… I will start my problems completely open book/notes… and as I learn more, I will refer to the books/notes less.

ws Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I think i am falling behind. What a waste CFAI > > readings were. Just to think i read through > ever > > single page of that nonsense. Now i can hardly > > recall anything :frowning: > > Reading CFAI material remindes me of listening to > Alan Greenspan’s testimony…you can listen for 2 > hours and still be like “What???” He he. That’s great. I’m going to reuse that quote sometime!

Make sure you read the solutions to all teh CFAI problems…good info int eh solutions in my opinion.

RealWarriorsOnlyPlease Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t think its worth going through notes/CFAI > books more than once. At this point, i prefer to > do problems for the rest of the time… I am > going to start by doing every problem in the CFAI > text (readings and end of chapter, unless it looks > too basic), then I’llgo through schweser book 6, > then a sample exam or two, then redo book 6 a > couple of times. Somewhere in there, I am going > to make a formula sheet, and then a one page final > study guide for the week before the test. Also, > I’ll mark some problems that I couldn’t really > grasp and redo those until I have them memorized. > > > Second read throughs I think may be a waste of > time? You’ll naturally go rereview a section if > you can’t get through a problem… Also, I didn’t > mention above… I will start my problems > completely open book/notes… and as I learn more, > I will refer to the books/notes less. Thats what i plan on doing as well however I will read through secret sauce as well . Although I will have to re read some weak areas all over again

I think we all know much more than what we think… I have the feeling that I don´t remember anything, but I have just done the 2007 level III morning session and was able to at least “point” to the right solution in several ones… With that in mind, assuming you have studied the whole curriculum at least once (and now you are just reviewing), and taking into account that we still have more than 1 month to go… I would not freak out (yet). Actually I am much more worried about my english level…

your English appears to be fine.