Reward for passing level III

How are you rewarding yourself if you pass this exam? I’ve heard some people buy watches, take trips, etc. I’m thinking a week in Mexico drinking rum, sounds like a nice payoff if I get the big pass in Aug.

Regardless of whether or not I pass, I’m getting a $600 Coach bag :slight_smile:

That’s the burden of having completed the exam. I always felt that every moment of spare time should be spent doing something fun, and when that didn’t happen in made me depressed. It’s even worse if you pass. I try to remind myself now how great it is to not be studying all the time, but it’s not having much effect. And the fact that I’m not happy every day that I’m not studying just depresses me more. Pathological, I tell you.

4 nights in the Dominican Republic w/ wife and 2 friends!

Nothing in particular. I suppose the passing of the exam itself could be considered a reward. I do intend to resume all my activities, that are at a halt at the moment, immediately after the exam.

continued employment.

lets see… visit a country w/ a travel advisory related to drug war violence and H1N1. …hmm, ok, a week on the beach will be nice, but then again I might be exposed to a virulent strain of influenza or risk a crossfire/hostage situation. uh, for rum? they don’t have that exotic rare elixir within a 10 mile radius of your current location? or spend $600 on a bag. a bag people. you carry things in it. it doesn’t massage you, give you a buzz, make X easier, it just carries sh#t around. Unless there is a chihuahua I need to cart down the red carpet, I would have about as much a need for a $600 bag as I would for a $600 pocket on my jeans, or a $600 tie. wow sorry, I don’t mean to pick on you like that. But apparently, I am in the wrong business. I need to get my a## down to mexico to start distilling rum or get to work stitching up some bags.

Passing? I’m rewarding myself just for sitting for the exam, whether I pass or not :slight_smile:

1,000 pushups and lashings will be my reward. In all seriousness, I will probably be too busy trying to get into B school.

I am going to Naples in July with the family. Going to grab a beer with ilvino. Also going to NW Montana for fly fishing in August. I haven’t taken a vacation in 3 years. And I am going whether I pass or not.

Angbuh Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That’s the burden of having completed the exam. I > always felt that every moment of spare time should > be spent doing something fun, and when that didn’t > happen in made me depressed. > > It’s even worse if you pass. I try to remind > myself now how great it is to not be studying all > the time, but it’s not having much effect. And > the fact that I’m not happy every day that I’m not > studying just depresses me more. > > Pathological, I tell you. Wow I can totally relate, I guess I’m just one of those people that are never happy!

I’ll probably do dinner at Nobu, The French Room, or Abacus on exam day, but my reward will be spending more time with my wife and son. It isn’t really a reward, but I’ve been promising the parents I’d bring the family to Tulsa to visit so I’ll probably do that within 90 days of the exam. Also, we’ll be visiting my sister-in-law in Reston, VA later this year, though we’ll probably spend most of our trip in DC.

BMW 3 Series Touring, Montego Blue.

Mandlebrot wins.

Thing is, i’ve already paid the deposit. I reckon the fear of driving around in car that was supposed to be a reward for something I passed is a big incentive to work, because i’ll feel like a massive dickhead if I fail.

Spend more time with my 4 month old daughter

Just a fancy dinner somewhere. Otherwise, not much.

Sorry for being a jerk. Like everyone in here I’m stressed out. no excuse.

Wanna fight?

slouis, i actually thought that was hilarious. i guess i’m a jerk?