RR ?

According to Wikipedia (with citations provided):

Buckingham does not rank in the top 400 universities globally as rated by Times Higher Education,[34] nor does it appear in the top 700 universities ranked globally by Quacquarelli Symonds,[35] nor does it rank in the top 500 universities rated by the Academic Ranking of World Universities.[36] However, it is ranked at 4,084 out of 11,998 universities in the Webometrics Ranking of World Universities.[37]

That’s a rank for the University as a whole, not their MBA program.

Wow, my university is top 400! I’m not hacksaw!

Top 4,000.

Is top 40 hacksaw?

mine is probably to 10,000

Thanks for doing some research on me.

Ya i have done my MBA with entrepreneurship as major area of study.Let me tell you some subjects that were covered in it:

1)Advance accounting.

2)Capital raising

3)Merger and Acquisition

4)Corporate tax

5)Derivatives/options/futures

6)Investment analysis and portfolio management

7)Forex management

8)Project appraisal

9)Multinational Business Finance

10)Strategic corporate finance

11)Welfare economics

12)Micro and Macro economics

13)Quantitaitve techniques.

14)Financial modelling using exel

The above mentioned are only finance related subjects.Since my PG deals with entrepreneurship i have studied marketing subjects in more depth as compared to finance.

I have never told that i have done my MBA from IVY league as per US/UK standards.Still my MBA is valued in emerging markets like India.

In the interview for my current post ,the employer didnot care about entrepreneurship being my major area of study since i already had CFAL2/FRM/60%acca behind my back and more over i was taught good amount of finance subjects in whatever finance i studied in my PG.More over i performed very well in my interview and hence i was selected.

I may love to do a hardcore finance PG from an IVY league that contains stuffs like financial engineering and hardcore programming.

Any ways thanks for bringing my old post into lime light again. smiley

You can message me if you need any help for your CFAL2.

Thanks again.

A couple of Indian professors in my top 40 hackshaw got their MBAs in India, then another MBAMS in the US before pursuing PhD’s. When I asked why, they said that Indian MBA programs are not the same caliber as US programs. And it’s not like MBAs are rocket science. I shudder at what a 4,000-ranked Indian MBA program might be like…

I thought I wanted my cfa/mba/cpa/frm/crap and all that other garbage in life but after working for about a year and passing l1 im not so sure. why become a slave to the designations and be like everyone else. i feel i learn more at work. i’ll finish the cfa cuz I started but no way im paying 100k and giving up 2 years of my precious life to go for mba. i’d rather continue to generate killer investment ideas.

The professors at india tell their students to work on their six packs and dance moves to impress their future customers-co workers

Well my MBA gave me enough knowledge to pass CFA/FRM/ACCA levels on 1st attempt with great scores.I have scored >70 in 18/20 sections in CFAL1/L2 combined.I have never scored below 50 in any section of CFA exam.

Indian MBA programmes are not better than US MBA.Indian MBA focuses on teaching you as many subjects as they can.I believe top US MBA gives more pirority to networking/soft skills.

99.9% Indian MBAs are hackshaw by US standards.Does this mean all of us should come to USA to do our MBAs??I probably have more “bookish” MBA knowledge than most of you guys out here(you can check my previous threads where i have discussed various MBA concepts on AF.).However i do agree that US MBA surely focuses on networking/soft skills and are better than most Indian MBAs.

MBA is meant to be sector specific.If i want to work in India then there is no point doing a US MBA at 4 times the cost.

Your Indian prof. did a US MBA since he wanted to migrate to USA.It is a well known fact that doing a masters abroad is one of the best ways to migrate to a new nation.However IF i decide to do another master then i won’t be because i only want to migrate.There are no MS finance courses in India so if i will have to look for HEC Paris/Insead etc to do my masters in financial engineering.

+1.

Even i am droping my idea of doing my masters in financial engineering abroad.I am doing CFA/FRM/ACCA only because i like to gain knowledge in my free time.

You can get a finance job in a MNC in emerging markets like India/China if you have any masters +CFA/FRM.This is because most US based MNC don’t value emerging market’s master so if you have CFA/FRM levels under your belt then they assume that you have good knowledge.

Complete your CFA with a hacksaw degree and you will surely land a lucrative job in India since there are only 900 CFA holders here.

The MBA didn’t do that. Reading and memorizing the exam-specific material did that.

One thing your MBA certainly failed to teach you was how to organize and coherently convey your thoughts in writing.

I passed l2 and you failed.

End of the story. cheeky

If you did so well on the exams, why do you continue to violate Standard VIIB?

That is true. But I also make a crapload money more than you, I’m not a virgin, my MBA is not from a “top 4,000”, and the finance is actually a seconday competency for me. Plus, since you continue to violate the CFA Standards, your candidacy is at risk. cheeky

I scored 50-70 in ethics.

If i take PPP into account then perhaps i make more than you buddy. smiley

I find that very highly unlikely.

ok you are richer than me.

I have just started working i don’t have even 6 months of work ex…you are much more practically qualified and richer than me.

STill i have CFAL2…which you tried but sadly failed. wink