Save Yourselves

Please elaborate (city, position, % pay increase)

^Yeah. Pics or it didn’t happen.

congrats, page one was hard to read as a neutral but it looks like you worked on yourself. good luck in your new role.

Congrats.

Can you also elaborate on what you got out of Ramit Sethi? Based a quick google search it all looks a bit self-help. What did you get out of his book/videos/etc?

edit: just had a further look. Is his book just personal finance 101 type stuff (i.e. how to balance a cheque book). And is it very USA centric (i.e. US financial products etc)

To avoid giving details that may give rise to my identity, all I’ll say is that it’s the equivalent of the SEC in my jurisdiction. According to online pay scales, my new salary would put me only slightly above the median for CFA charterholders with my level of experience, but this would represent a 25% pay raise from my previous salary.

I know Ramit Sethi gives basic advice like money management, stress management, motivation, etc. but his interviewing and job hunting advice is valuable if you’re like me: smarter than average, but terrible at selling and presenting yourself.

Why is that a problem?

^ Could be if you want to excel in a discipline outside of math, physics and chemistry.

Wow - well done dude. This thread was a good read.