Schweser Mock V1, AM=68% PM=69%. Do I have a shot?

I took the Schweser mock exams in volume 1 and scored AM=68% and PM=69%. Do I have a shot at passing the CFA level I in June. I would appreciate your input, especially from Level II candidates. Thank you. I did not score below 50% on any area, but ethics, econ, quant, alt invest and portfolio m were between 50% and 70%.

Considering there are two and a half weeks left and thoses scores on the actual CFA would likely result in a pass, you have a decent shot. Just continue to work hard.

You’ve got more than a shot. I remember reading plenty of posts from Dec '08 test takers who scored below 65% on the Schweser exams and ended up passing the real thing.

You have a decent shot. I was a band 10 in Dec 2008 and was hitting around 65 on the schweser volume 1 exams. Best of luck!

Sorry if this question sounds newbie, what’s band 10?

@ cloud Appendix I: CFA explanation about placement: We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates.

That’s pretty useful info, thanks esco

Thank you to everyone. I will continue to review my weak areas. I will strive to score over 70% in all areas and 50-70 in quant and econ (my weak areas).

I have been told that if you get a 65% you are practically guaranteed to pass… Keep rocking

Guys, these were my practice exam results leading up to the exam in December: CFAI: Sample 1 66% Mock 1 67% Schweser Book 6 results ranged from 60% to about 72% In the exam I passed with every section >70% except for Derivatives Seriously, if you’re hitting anywhere from 65% upwards you’re in good shape

> Seriously, if you’re hitting anywhere from 65% > upwards you’re in good shape That may have been true last year, but record enrollment rates will drive up the curve. I would look to hit 68%+ for that “good shape” mentality. 65% at this stage of the game is still a good score, just keep working away at it.

cfacowtown Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Seriously, if you’re hitting anywhere from 65% > > upwards you’re in good shape > > That may have been true last year, but record > enrollment rates will drive up the curve. I would > look to hit 68%+ for that “good shape” mentality. > 65% at this stage of the game is still a good > score, just keep working away at it. I strongly disagree with this. People aren’t taking it because they want to, they are taking it because it’s their fastest way to get some edge up. I still think the pass rate will be about the same, maybe a hair lower if anything, but definitely not up. CFA wants to protect their prestige.

MrE2All Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cfacowtown Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > Seriously, if you’re hitting anywhere from > 65% > > > upwards you’re in good shape > > > > That may have been true last year, but record > > enrollment rates will drive up the curve. I > would > > look to hit 68%+ for that “good shape” > mentality. > > 65% at this stage of the game is still a good > > score, just keep working away at it. > > I strongly disagree with this. People aren’t > taking it because they want to, they are taking it > because it’s their fastest way to get some edge > up. I still think the pass rate will be about the > same, maybe a hair lower if anything, but > definitely not up. CFA wants to protect their > prestige. that’s precisely why the pass mark will probably rise. if the institute wants to protect their prestige then due to the increase in enrollment, they’ll probably have to increase the pass mark. so i agree with cowtown. aim for the high 60s early 70s maybe. i hope i’m wrong but i suspect cowtown is right.

My point was more that if you’re consistently getting aroud 65% on your sample/mock exams, you will probably do better in the real thing.

Newsuper, I hope you are right. What hurt me big time was ethics, I scored a 40% in the AM and 75% in the PM. Ethics = 50 to 70 * using the qbank (only advance and interm) i was averaging 75% quant = 50 to 70 econ = 50 to 70 FSA= over 70 corp fin = over 70 portfolio = 50 to 70 equity = over 70 debt= over 70 derivatives = 50 t0 70 alt invet= 50 to 70 I hope to score over 70 in ethics, fsa, asset valuation, portfolio management. quant and econ are my weak areas.

Rasec, don’t worry about the first paper in Schweser Vol 1 for ethics. That was really hard by any standards and most people on this forum will tell you the same.

yes soddy my average was in mid 7os ,however in that particular paper i got 55%

Guys, Willl ethics is as difficult on the real exam?

Don’t know…but I’ve heard it can be pretty tough on exam day.

Ethics will be harder on the real exam - that you can count on. I would almost guarantee that the MPS will not change as the result of increased enrollment. Yeah, there will be an increase in really prepared candidates, but there will also be a big increase in candidates who don’t really prepare at all, and simply underestimate what they are in for. Aim for an overall score of 70%, if you hit that you’ll pass.