Schweser ONLY Mock Results and Discussion

I assume people have started taking the Schweser Mock Exams…so here is a place to discuss results/questions/etc. I just took Book 1 Exam 1 AM Portion and I found it rather easy. 82% in 2H and 42M. Anybody else agree/disagree?

72% on morning portion, got bogged down on the FX Parity questions, took me 2hr 10 minutes, going to do afternoon around 3pm

Congratulations 82% has to be very good at this stage, I tried the first one, am , a few weeks ago = 70% yesterday, I tried the pm and came in at 56% Not good! I wasn’t really in the mood and finished in 1 hour 35mins,so I learnt I have to slow up. From these tests, I am sure the lottery effect of what turns up on the day could well play a part in the results for some of us.

82% is solid! In years past Schweser’s Volume 2 of mock exams has been more difficult. I’m so far away from taking a mock exam. Keep up the good work.

Are you talking about Schweser’s Book 6 (sample exams)?

Book 6 being sample exam 1 yes!

Book 7 questions take a long time, sometimes 5-6 minutes per question, much longer than CFA sample/mocks questions

Update: I just finished the PM section and got an 82% again. I must have had some lucky guesses, b/c I definitely got fatigued in the PM section and felt the questions were more challenging.

nice going, did a little worse on PM too, total 67% for exam 1, plenty of time to review and prepare! going to go over the answers tomorrow

I scored 67% for Schweser Exam 1. That was Saturday before last. Did a weeks revision and scored 69% on Schweser Exam 2. I definitely felt much better about this one though. I’m going to have another week of revision and then do the two CFAI samples this coming Saturday.

Book 1: AM1: Scored 83% PM1: Scored 75% PM actually took me less time oddly enough. I goofed on a few questions, but the rest I def. didn’t know well enough. I won’t feel comfortable until I am scoring in the high 80’s. Also, CFAI threw us 09 takers a curve ball so I’m not holding these results with much weight.

OMG…I feel soooo behind now!!! I haven’t started on the practice exams so far. Got to finish my second reading of Corporate finance and Derivatives AND read all of Ehics (first time round). AIming to start practice exams in about 3 weeks from now.

CFABLACKBELT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Book 1: > > AM1: Scored 83% > PM1: Scored 75% > > PM actually took me less time oddly enough. I > goofed on a few questions, but the rest I def. > didn’t know well enough. > > I won’t feel comfortable until I am scoring in the > high 80’s. Also, CFAI threw us 09 takers a curve > ball so I’m not holding these results with much > weight. Given that you took L2 last June, how would you compare that first mock to the actual test? I have spent a ton of time on this (started in September), but I found that first mock to be rather straightforward. The thing that keeps me relentelessly studying is that CFAI could throw some big curveball at us, and I need to dominate the easy stuff…

Has anybody tried the Schweser Exam #2 this weekend? If so, how did it go? I am trying it today.

did it yesterday, for some reason i get bored reading the vignettes, 63 AM, 72PM, blended 66.7%, good luck, going to review answers today

I got an 83% on Test 2 AM. I believe it was harder than the first test. I continue to feel like I am guessing (albeit, educated guesses) on many of the Q’s.

i think it was a little too picky on the quant material, otherwise i think it was a good measure of the tricks the CFAI might throw at us on exam day demmel- you seem to be doing great with these practices, how long did the AM take you (i finished in 1.5hr, which is prob why i scored a little lower

I took all 3 hours. I would say it takes about 2:00 to make a first pass through and then I go back to ~10 problems in the remaining hour.

Exam 1AM : 77% Exam 1PM: 72% Completed the AM in around 2hrs 15mins and the PM in 2hrs. I struggled with the SMM and CPR questions as couldn’t recall the formulas and also valuing the Currency Swaps A little fatigued during the PM exam and probably was not as focused.