Schweser ONLY Mock Results and Discussion

Just took the second test this weekend. Exam 2AM: 70% Exam 2PM: 88% Exam 2AM was kinda tough. From what I remember, it covered the less pronounced areas in the curriculum.

demmel Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFABLACKBELT Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Book 1: > > > > AM1: Scored 83% > > PM1: Scored 75% > > > > PM actually took me less time oddly enough. I > > goofed on a few questions, but the rest I def. > > didn’t know well enough. > > > > I won’t feel comfortable until I am scoring in > the > > high 80’s. Also, CFAI threw us 09 takers a > curve > > ball so I’m not holding these results with much > > weight. > > > Given that you took L2 last June, how would you > compare that first mock to the actual test? I have > spent a ton of time on this (started in > September), but I found that first mock to be > rather straightforward. The thing that keeps me > relentelessly studying is that CFAI could throw > some big curveball at us, and I need to dominate > the easy stuff… Sorry for the late reply Demmel. I thought I responded to this post. AM1 was very straightforward. It could be that I just know more this time around, but I don’t think you’ll get something that easy on the real exam. From my experience last year, A blend of AM1 and AM2 is probably a little more realistic.

88% on 2 PM is pretty awesome. You sound prepared. How do your test scores in mid-April 2010 compare to last year’s scores in April 2009 when you attempted L2? I agree 2 AM was very difficult. I reviewed them both last night and found plenty of things to re-study in the AM portion and I found numerous dumb mistakes I made on the PM portion…but it was an easier test than AM. One of my colleagues came into the office while I was taking 2 PM and wouldnt shut up, so that ruined my concentration level on the final 30 questions. Oh well. I ended up getting: 2AM - 83% 2PM - 78% (Too bad this counts for absolutely nothing in the real world)

^agreed. Would’ve passed already =). You’re doing very well yourself! 83% on the AM2 is very impressive! Compared to last year, I am doing A LOT better. I am make considerably less mistakes this time around. Last year I goofed on so many problems. Most likely because I just didn’t know the material well enough so I was prone to make mistakes. Now, I’d say I average around 1-3 mistakes per 60questions. The rest of the incorrect answers are what I don’t know. I see this as a good thing because it will allow me to focus more on the weak areas, which tend to be nothing more than a lack of remembering a complete definition or formula rather than a large gap in understanding of the topic as I had in numerous areas last year. Again I am very cautious because last year I remember seeing a few people post similar scores and end up failing. Although you never know how honest people are with their scores or if they looked up a formula during the test, etc… I make it a point to not have anything around me that I can be tempted by. I go to Barnes & Nobles with just the test and the bubble sheet (I copied the test so I cannot even look at the answer sheet/explanations until I go back home with the finished test).

I tried Am2 today,37/60 = 62%…Not good, but on the right track with 46 days to go etc… I found this exam, had more than a few of the Schweser, “more likely” type questions, so that when you are reviewing it, you can sort of see their point, rather than it being absolutely definitive.

What do you guys mean when you say vignettes?

vignette = the long story passages with 6 questions related to that passage

Has anybody tried Schweser Exam 3 yet? Thoughts?

I just finished Exam 3 AM. I am concerned b/c my test scores are getting lower. Ugh. I got a 72%. Hopefully, these Schweser test are created to get harder…if not, I am getting dumber.

doing it tomorrow but looked at the topics, like 5 equity and 4 FRA? i think this one could be a real basis to judge the exam, im sure you’ll rock the PM section, plus u have time to hammer away on weak points

Good call Northeastern. 3AM is very math focused while 3PM seemed more theory focused. All in all, 3PM was much easier. 3AM = 72% 3PM = 85% Better to make the errors in late April than early June, as long as we keep learning from the mistakes made. Good luck tomorrow.

good for you, if def seems your on top of your game and ahead of schedule, after volume 1 of the practice, im going to be selective in questions from volume 2 and def do the 2 CFAI mocks!

just did it: 82% AM 88% PM Thought that mock was way too easy, except AM Econ (only got 3 of 6). If the real exam is like that, i’ll be doing backflips.

Exam 1: 77% AM 75% PM I thought I was going to bomb these, I ended up guessing a lot due to not remembering formulas and the like (H-model, FCRP, derivatives, etc) I’ll be satisfied once I’m in the high 80’s and rarely guessing.

Exam I Volume II: 77 AM 68 PM That is a pass(barely), so I am satisfied for now… I want to be around 80%

I did Exam 1 AM, in pieces because I just can’t do 3 hours straight during the week. I did keep track of time and it was not a big issue. Scored 68% with allot dumb mistakes I could have scored a few better with going back. With over a month to go I’m not too unhappy.

Just like person above I did Exam 1 AM/PM in pieces because I was not confident at all. I scored about 75% (averaging both).

demmel Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Good call Northeastern. 3AM is very math focused > while 3PM seemed more theory focused. All in all, > 3PM was much easier. > > 3AM = 72% > 3PM = 85% > > Better to make the errors in late April than early > June, as long as we keep learning from the > mistakes made. Good luck tomorrow. Just finished 3AM… and it was brutal. I managed to score a 73%, but nearly pulled out all my hair in the process. Actually, everything was going just fine before the AA vignette. I literally sat and stared at this thing for nearly 40min and could only finish the first problem. This was a really bad idea, because I think it stressed me out on the other vignettes following AA. I will have to review AA before the real exam. IMO though I really doubt the CFAI will make you do that much calculation for several different problems. But gotta be prepared for whatever. Quant was fine except for that stupid lnSales question. I spent nearly 15min and still got it wrong -_- After that, I was so frustrated I kinda rushed through the last few V’s and missed a couple problems I shouldn’t have… (Duh! ROA will decrease under acquisition method… bah! why I didn’t remember that is beyond me).

Got 72.5% in Exam 2. I really dont know how i got this score. I would have been happy with anything above 50%.

Exam 1 am 78 Exam 1 am 80 Exam 2 am 90 …It’s murder!!!