Schweser ONLY Mock Results and Discussion

Vol 1, exam 1: 78% AM, 75% PM Vol 1, exam 2: 80% am, 78% PM Happy with the progress, aiming for comfortable 80% plus results without too much guessing. More reading and Q-bank this week, then exam 3 next weekend. After that, CFA Mocks and Samples and Vol 2, and more Q-bank…just going to keep hitting questions left, right and centre and hope that I get through. I am thouroughly fed up at this stage - I have studied almost non-stop for a year now (Dec 09 Level 1 exam taker) and am having an increasingly hard time a) motivating myself, and b) convincing my husband and daughter that this is really important and that I just need time to study.

Exam 1 AM section: 73% I feel this is wildly misleading. I think it was either easy or I got an abnormally large number of lucky guesses. I’m going to review some of my weak spots before I try the PM section.

VOl 1, Exam 2 AM 78% PM 85% Total 82% Got my ass handed to me on the PM ICAPM question - only 2 of 6 right. AM hedge funds i also messed up, puling only 50% Felt this was harder than exam 1, but happy im still passing…

Finished the last schweser yesterday. 3PM: 83%. 3PM was much easier than the 3AM. There were a couple questions in the overall third exam that were kinda dumb IMO. The OAS question in 3AM and government regulation of a particular industry question in 3PM were pretty bad.

Vol 1 Exams (1+2)/2 = 78% I think the real thing will be much harder and more specific. I feel these exams are fairly straight forward, not as many twists.

Just started Schweser exams. Finished Exam 1AM 80%. Haven’t started studying Ethics yet, will do soon. -4/12 on that part.

I did Schweser Exam 1 AM this morning: 73%. I was frustrated because I knew what almost all the calculations were measuring, I just forgot the actual calcuation, haha. Felt like I got a lot of guesses as well… 7/12 on ethics. Not stellar.

Finished Volume 1 Exam 1 PM portion: 90%. Needless to say, I am thrilled.

Is it just me or was exam #3 really hard? I was scoring high 70% on the first two, but I got killed on exam 3: AM = 60% PM = 68.33% Now I’m getting worried…

Exam 3 was very difficult. Don’t stress out. You’ll be fine. I just finished Book 2, Exam 1, AM Version and got an 80%. Anybody else take this yet? I thought it was easy. Made some really dumb mistakes as I have been studying all day and need to get some R&R. Still plenty of room for improvement. PM portion tomorrow…

Exam 2 PM 75%, Questions 37-42 killed me I missed 4 out of six, I’d like to punch Treynor and his buddy Black in the mouth :slight_smile: With this short to go is everyone basically testing and just reading what they got wrong? Or are you still studying areas that you think you need to sharpen? I’ve been spending most of my time cracking the books and trying to study a little more but I’m also worried that I did not do enough questions this week.

Schweser 1AM Mock - 78% Had all of my “guesses” been incorrect, I would have scored 63%. Not sure how to interpret this given guessing is fair game on exam day, but at best I can only hope to score 33% on pure guesses. Takeaways - Econ owned me (guessed on 4 out of 6). I thought I owned Ethcis, but only scored 67%. The rest of the exam was fair.

Finished Exam 1 PM yesterday. Got a 60% on this half, I felt like it tested areas that I was much weaker on - especially some of the currency and swap stuff. Overall, this puts me at 66% for the first mock, which sounds about right to me as for how-prepared-I-feel-right-now-ometer. Also glad to be able to see which sections stick out like a sore thumb and scream OH HAI YOU THINK YOU KNOW ME BUT YOU DON’T. So now I’ll be focusing on those till next week’s mock.

Got 69% on the vol. 1 1st exam on Friday shaking off a night of too much red wine at an event. Saw some obvious mistakes, basic equations, need to brush up on ethics 6/12 given I havent read the section but am testing +80 on qbank ethics. Time wasnt an issue, i dont see how it is as alot of the info in the case study is extra material that isnt asked.

Exam 3AM 83%, 3PM 88%! Flying! Although I still feel like I am guessing half the anwers…

68.34% on Exam 2 AM. Got punished, but still happy with my moving average results…

I like to keep track of my mock scores. After taking 6 or 7 of them, I find the mean and standard deviation, then take the z-score against a 70% to estimate my chances of passing. Assuming that mocks are the same difficulty as the real thing and that my scores follow a normal distribution, it’s a pretty good indicator of my % of passing.

Did Exam 1PM last night, and scored an 83%. I feel pretty good about it, but there is a long way to go yet. Doing Exam 2 AM & PM Saturday, and my goal is +75% on both exams, with an average of 80%. Doesn’t mean I’ll actually score that, but I’ll be thrilled if I do.

I scored 67% on Book 2 AM about 4 months back. I’m hoping to pick up practice exams again this weekend after doing a couple months worth of CFAI EOC. Hoping I will improve after all that review! Book 2 didn’t seem that difficult relative to where I was in my studying. Considering that, hope that these practice exams are actually good representations of the the exam. Will do book 1 this weekend.

Just finished Exam 2 PM (Volume I). Got a 75%. Decent.