Scores out in 10 days!!!!

Since the June '08 exam, I’ve been through the curriculum again and have been averaging 16 study hours per week. Some people have asked me: “I thought you already took it; why are you still studying?” I explain how I feel confident about 80% of the morning session and 55% of the afternoon session, and how it could easily go either way depending on a number of factors. Then, I elaborate on the benefits preparedness in all aspects of life- connecting the sustenance of familiarity with the curriculum subject matter to a sense of self-duty- and how ongoing preparations can contribute to mental alertness and moral strength, as well as overall competence, readiness, and well-being. Then they’re like: “I know a girl who got her CPA on her first try.” Six days and a wake-up.

I also hope CFAi institute break down the scores by morning and afternoon sessions.

Ouch. 7 days. To be honest, i wouldnt be too dissapointed if i fail as long as i did good in some of the sections i was interested in, like the FSA and Equity/Bond valuations. I have a confession to make though. Since i never found this website until AFTER the exam, everyone kept telling me to ignore the last book (cause it was only like 8%) of the exam. So what i did was, on test day, i allowed myself 24 guesses. And i would tally them up at the end of the sessions. In session one, i guessed 10 times, but these were just questions i didint have time to double check. In session two, i guessed like 15-20 times. Some of these i just flat out guessed and some i worked through to narrow it down to two answers. Now, thats the number i thought i got wrong, like 30-40. It takes like 72 wrong to hit the 70% mark. So im hoping i didint get tricked ridiculously bad here (i saw alot of tricky questions in part 2 that couldve been easily overlooked, like the WACC problem). Now i know im not the only one that does that (circle the ones theyre not sure about and count them in the end). How many did you guys get?

EMRA32 – you did pretty good then. I guessed about 90-100 times… but out of those 24 questions were straight economics that I didn’t know. A few of the questions were guess because when I worked them out I find my answers to be way off, and dind’t see a choice like that in the answer. and then there most of them in where I was troubled by two choices. Above all those guesses, I know 10 questions that I marked wrong… and I realized it as i was taking a train home back from giving the exam. I think my scores are going to be below 20 in economics and might be above 50 in all other sections but less than 70 in half of those in which it is above 50. AND I AM FREAKING OUT CUZ IT IS A FAIL/BORDERLINE.

I took exam for second time and still i am not sure. I know someone from last december who passed the exam even though she got 4 sections <50%( not sure which sections are they although it makes a lot of difference). I am not sure if i would be taking it again if i failed this time. fingers crossed.

I need to stop reading this thread, you all are freaking me out.

I agree Amberpower–I’ve had a knot in my stomach for a good week now. I’ve told my boss and my husband that I’m using code (because I know I’ll hate to admit that I failed) Champaign Champaign of beers Now I’m nervous again.

FREAKED OUT. I’m considering not coming into work next Tuesday.

The standard does mention that CFA candidates can claim that they have passed rigorous CFA Exams. that is if they pass… guess not applicable to myself. LOL. guys keep the jokes up to keep the stress down. I like the code idea Kellyfio. I think if i have to do code, I’ll say basket of kisses desert cactuses

I will say The eagle has landed. The eagle dropped a big poo on my head.

Champaign of Beers? YUCK! I had that the other day. Heres my code: Looks like im smarter than i thought i was. Im about as smart as i thought i was.

cjones65 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Then, I elaborate on the > benefits preparedness in all aspects of life- > connecting the sustenance of familiarity with the > curriculum subject matter to a sense of self-duty- > and how ongoing preparations can contribute to > mental alertness and moral strength, as well as > overall competence, readiness, and well-being. that is very zen-like !!!

aks2010 wrote: > that is very zen-like !!! ------------------------------- Zen-Buddhist version of the Candidate Preparation Toolkit: Devoting 10-15 hours per week for 18 weeks, repeat the following exercise for 250-300 hours. Close your eyes, relax, and clear your thoughts. With as much detail as possible, picture yourself sitting at your computer; it’s Tuesday morning- 9:00am. You open the CFAI candidate login page. After entering your username and password, make your way to the following URL: http://www.cfainstitute.org/RGu38t/View/resultletterform.aspx, and take a deep breath. As the information loads, you are calm, and after a pause, you see your results: PASS. Repeat. If we could get enough people to seriously use this method instead of the curriculum, then we could probably lower the MPS by at least a point or two. Four days and a wake-up.

Sh!t, I’m thinking I certainly failed. I’ve had two dreams about it. Prepare for the worst I guess. I’m getting anxious/stressed, and as most of you saw before, I would log on and just rant/harp about the CFAI, the exam, or just how dumb I felt.

i have gone through this exact thing before with the CFP. they take 6-8 weeks to grade the scantron and “set the curve” so to say. then on the day they release the results, their website is bombarded. i found out at work the first time i failed and actually was so upset that i just left and took a bottle of crown to the dome. then the next week i was back at it and passed my second time around. if i fail i will likely do the same thing. take a bottle to the dome and hop right back on that saddle. good luck to everyone and i will also change my name if i fail… ha haaaa jk

kellyfio Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I agree Amberpower–I’ve had a knot in my stomach > for a good week now. > > I’ve told my boss and my husband that I’m using > code (because I know I’ll hate to admit that I > failed) > > Champaign > Champaign of beers > > > Now I’m nervous again. Let me guess…a U of I grad?

5 DAYS

Wow! I’m amazed that you guys have been active all this time! I thought i’d give myself some vacations after the exam and just not think about it… The thing is i’m starting to feel very anxious now that results are approaching, so i guess i needed to see some fellow stressed candidates :slight_smile: Anyway, thnx for making me see i’m not the only one feeling this way and good luck. Let’s hope this forum had some positive effect on us!

EMRA32 Wrote: > I shouldve came up with a better excuse as to why > i coldnt hang out with my friends in the weekend. > I wouldve accepted an intense addiction to adult > movies over “studying for the CFA exam.” > > Now everyone knows! and everyone keeps asking! Which is why I only told just two close friends about this!!!

the last couple weeks I have been studying for the 7 and I just turned mine in and got a >90%. Hoping the high score transfers over to the L1 in a couple days.