scoring too low :(

scoring 50-90% on passmaster. But just scored 40% in one Cfa sample exam yesterday :frowning: what a confidence shatterer!! What to do? Go on practicing weak areas?? Need a confidence boost plz.

I scored 43% on part of the schweser practice exam 2 :frowning: after scoring 70% on Qbank test yesterday. I obviously need serious revision of Quants and lots of questions on everithing else. And I lack time. Definitely don’t want to spend another year on the same level.

sumz , I am with you buddy. I think we did L1 in June 09 ? , but yeah I did the cfa level2 mock and scored only 50%. I since stopped everything and doing only EOC questions , I am starting to get things together now and will attempt the afternoon section of the mock this weekend to see how much it helped. Keep going at it !!

I got a truly horrendous grade on one half of a recent Schweser mock. Keep your chin up. I try to be very, very ‘zen’ about the bad grades. That is your test prep materials signalling to you that you’ve got a section you’re weak on. For me, that was pension accounting [surprise, surprise] as well as foreign currency translation of B/S and I/S. Just hammer down on those areas with Qbank, EOCs, etc, and take pride in whatever small improvements you show. If you can hammer down your worst areas so that you’re at least in the 50-70% range on those questions, you still stand a good chance of passing the overall test.

I’m in the same situation :frowning: I’ve been scoring low 70’s on Schweser practice exams, but the CFA mock morning session got me 62% and really got me down… I’ll review everything today and will try the afternoon, hopefully it’ll be better but if not, I’m not sure what to do! I’ve done all the EOCs from CFA and Schweser, about 2000 QBank questions… any advice?

If you’ve done that many questions and are still doing poorly it’s not for a lack of practice. I would concentrate on reviewing the material for a day or 2. Go over all ur weak points and look over the questions u got right also to make sure u really understand it. Sometimes I get questions right and go back and read over the section and realize that I got it right for the wrong reasons or I missed something else that could’ve been tested. I wouldn’t get too down on urself. U have some time left to really nail down some of the important topics. Stay positive.

I scored mid 60s average on the 3 Schweser practice exams, then I consolidated the % for each section and looked at my weak areas. I also noticed that some questions I simply didnt read the question correctly or forgot a formula I havent seen in 2 months. I am going to spend 15 minutes on the formula cheat sheet before CFA mock and see where it gets me. I also mark guesses with G and review those as well. If it is a memory thing, that is good because its easy to fix, just write an equation down 50 times or something. If its a concept thing, thats not good. Most of my wrong answers are equation related.

I have a friend’s old Schweser mock exams from last year. He took all six of them from Volumes 1 & 2 and never cracked 67% but still passed last summer.

^^ THanks King, that is a much needed confidence booster. I was literally dreaming about CDO structure last night and PSA rates. I want my Jessica Biel dreams back.

King_Tut Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have a friend’s old Schweser mock exams from > last year. He took all six of them from Volumes 1 > & 2 and never cracked 67% but still passed last > summer. ^M-ther F-cker :slight_smile: I never got below a 70 and failed.

^ lolllll… sh*t happens :P… this is CFAI

Yeah I was never able to pass a CFAI mock or sample (and I did them all) leading right up to the test. But I nailed the test. Don’t get too discourage, you should be studying so you’re peaking on June 5th, don’t burn yourself out

I scored 55% on the first CFAI sample last year and ended with a Band 10. Just keep working those questions and re-read your weak areas.

As Dana White says, “Dont leave it in the hands of the judges”

What is a band10?

futurefinanceguru Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What is a band10? The worst band to be in. It means out of the failed candidates, you performed in the top 10%.

Its like being the tallest dwarf. JK it does show that you will most likely pass next year.

BizBanker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As Dana White says, “Dont leave it in the hands of > the judges” So true. Btw, I fucking hate those judges.

ITAdministator Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sumz , I am with you buddy. I think we did L1 in > June 09 ? , but yeah I did the cfa level2 mock and > scored only 50%. I since stopped everything and > doing only EOC questions , I am starting to get > things together now and will attempt the afternoon > section of the mock this weekend to see how much > it helped. Keep going at it !! So, how did the afternoon go? Mine improved slightly - 73 in the afternoon. Still no good… and you sumz?

got a 48% on my last practice. I’ll be back in 2011.