Second Interview Same Suit

Is it ok to wear the same suit in a second interview with a different shirt and tie? Time between the first and second interview was about a week and a half. I have a different suit but it is a dark green which can pass as grey in certain light. I do not want to take that chance though.

yes it is fine.

No way. If I caught hint that you couldn’t dress yourself for ME. Then why in the name of all that is holy would I risk putting you in front of my clients? Willy

just as long as you wear a different shirt/tie combo esp. if the job has any sales component the interviewer will notice!

If your a full time student, I wouldn’t think twice. Different shirt/tie. though.

When I was a junior in college, I wore the same suit to pretty much all my interviews and final rounds. I only had two at the time, so I always just wore the oner that fit me better. If you don’t look self-conscious about it, I don’t think anyone would care let alone notice…not even WillyR.

i have a thread buried here somewhere on the same topic. i wore a charcoal suit for both interviews. a dark suit is like a uniform - no one is going to notice. you can definitely be confident wearing the suit again. fwiw, i got the job.

Normally I would say it’s better to wear a different suit, but considering that you said you second suit is green, I would say wear the same suit.

wear the same. this thread is funny : ) -

different socks and underwear

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > different socks and underwear Definitely…!

Go to Mens Wearhouse and pick up one of those deals - just buy another suit. You are going to need another one at some point. Seriously.

WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No way. If I caught hint that you couldn’t dress > yourself for ME. Then why in the name of all that > is holy would I risk putting you in front of my > clients? > > Willy +1 I have learned that people who interivew and dress a certain way seldom change after coming onto a project or new job. New hires are given certain leeway, but if this is a client facing role, you might not want to take the chance.

If you are a pre-MBA student, I would not even bother with a different shirt and tie (I am assuming you buy quality stuff, given that your question signals that you are sartorially aware). Seriously, there should be more to you than your suit. Try to have a spark about you. Give me the guy who is young, poor and hungry… and smart and enthusiastic

ok, as long as it is a fairly generic suit. If it sticks out (ie loud pinstripes or patterned) you may want to reconsider. Also depends on industry. Buyside shops / jobs tend to be lesss focused on clothes than IB.

i just got a job on buy side and all my suits were being altered so I only really had half a suit! I got the job btw. As someone who has interviewed countless analysts at first interview for IB I don’t think it matters much cos they are seeing so many people they won’t remember. Unless you are wearing something that really stuck out last time. Agree with the client facing comment

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > different socks and underwear Also, have a different lady’s undergarmets “accidentally” fall out of your pocket while you’re reaching for a pen.

juventurd Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > needhelp Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > different socks and underwear > > > Also, have a different lady’s undergarmets > “accidentally” fall out of your pocket while > you’re reaching for a pen. what if the interviewer was female??? Instant rejection

woollycat Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > juventurd Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > needhelp Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > different socks and underwear > > > > > > Also, have a different lady’s undergarmets > > “accidentally” fall out of your pocket while > > you’re reaching for a pen. > > what if the interviewer was female??? Instant > rejection No way. She’ll just want you more because you’re in demand.

juventurd Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > woollycat Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > juventurd Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > needhelp Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > different socks and underwear > > > > > > > > > Also, have a different lady’s undergarmets > > > “accidentally” fall out of your pocket while > > > you’re reaching for a pen. > > > > what if the interviewer was female??? Instant > > rejection > > > No way. She’ll just want you more because you’re > in demand. Which is why she’d reject you, but keep your contact details and prob string you along under the impression that she’d help you get a job one day.