Series 7

Any suggestions for books to use to prepare for Series 7 ? Thanks.

Do you work for a BB firm? Usually firms (through HR) provide training courses in-house, along with books and other training materials.

My God you could pass that test by studying your favorite comic book for 6 hours.

I used STC products. Study at most 40-50 hours. The STC Question Bank is nearly identical to the FINRA bank of questions at the Prometric Exam Center.

I used BISYS years ago. . . it did the job.

“Study at most 40-50 hours” ?! How long do you study for a driver’s license test?

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “Study at most 40-50 hours” > > ?! How long do you study for a driver’s license > test? Granted I did not find this exam hard, one should at least read through some of the material (~250 pages) and work through problems. Plenty of the questions were tricky and worded like; A. I & II are correct B. II & IV are correct C. I, II, & IV are correct D. III & IV are correct

Here’s some practice: Question: blah…blah,blah, blah, blah a. yellow polka dot bikini b. car c. Bankers’ acceptances d. Zeus (… well not quite like this but close)

I used the STC book and practice tests. I would suggest that you skim through the book for things that might be unfamiliar, then take practice exams. While in comparison to the CFA the Series 7 might be a joke, the questions can be tricky, and does require some time for memorization.

Questions are tricky…but use Boston Institute book to study ( a big blue book) and the “Idiot’s guide to passing Serious 7” (no joke- it’s that easy). It’s all about memorization. You should be comfortable with all quant stuff just from studying the CFA curriculumn, just memorize rules and famous laws and things of that nature.

You can pretty much memorize the Series 7 bank of questions and ace the exam. If you do not have a financial background and have never indulged in the stock market you definitely need to study. I always hated the I, II, III, IV answer format.

is the answer car?

Correct answer was Zeus. Looks you have another 40 hrs.

I used strictly STC notes and end of chapter ?'s. Passed in 3 weeks plus worked full time.

I used strictly STC notes and end of chapter ?'s. Passed in 3 weeks plus worked full time.

would you agree that: CFA I > Series 7 by the same amount that CFA II > CFA I

^^^^^I’m not sure there’s even a comparison between CFA 1 and Series 7…

TJR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > would you agree that: > > CFA I > Series 7 by the same amount that CFA II > > CFA I I think a better analogy is CFA II is to CFA 1 as CFA 1 is to {Series 7 + insomnia + lighter wallet + no life}

The 7 is a Dr. Seuss book to CFA Level 1. With that said, my license is now expired after 2 years have elapsed since I was at the RR Broker Dealer.

I’m getting pretty close to losing my 7 as well. I doubt I’ll be at a b/d anytime soon. Although it’s not that hard, I hope I never have to take it again. Still a pain.