Significant others...

Does anyone in the candidacy have bf/gf’s? How in the world do you deal? (Just venting!)

My fiance, now wife is very understanding. She knows its good for both fo us hopefully in the long run.

Yes. I found someone low maintenance…I’d recommend doing the same :slight_smile:

Its something you really need to be clear about (studying vs spending time together). Also, didn’t you get those post cards when you registered, send her one of those time to time.

If they can’t handle it then dump their a$$ immediately…

my gf usually works 4-5 hours later than me, so i can study then. I study at lunch, or i study while we hang out

First, my bf understands- but the television is never off. I am guilt-tripped into “watching” whatever’s on… plus, i think that if someone has neevr had to put so much effort and focus into a goal/project- is it true to say they will never comprehend the amount of dedication needed? No matter how much you try to explain or emphasize study time…

First, my bf understands- but the television is never off. I am guilt-tripped into “watching” whatever’s on… plus, i think that if someone has neevr had to put so much effort and focus into a goal/project- is it true to say they will never comprehend the amount of dedication needed? No matter how much you try to explain or emphasize study time…

That’s why I can never study at home

Yup, my fiancee is working on her masters (finishes in may) so we’re both studying.

You all are very lucky :wink:

Married 7 years this August, todler at home…and still crazy enough to take a shot at L2. Guess I need to get my head examined, eh? :smiley:

Definitely- Its an enumerable achievement overall…

gf or bf? how about a 2 year old. last year i would hide to study and he would look for me going “where did mommy go?”

it was definitely tough when i did the cfa program, because that was on top of 65-70 hour work weeks. took a lot of patience on her end and reassurance on my part.

how do you make the extent of dedication clear?

Real relationships won’t suffer due to this, but only become stronger. Otherwise, those relations were not worth it. It’s a choice: you need to spend enough time for studies, just make sure that leftover time spent with your partner is spent really well. But don’t try to change priorities - might hurt.

dude, not to really get into your relationship, but that is really messed up/selfish if he’s not understanding. Do you two live together? If not, then just don’t hang out when you need to study. If you do, can’t u study in a different room? If it’s a studio, just go somewhere else (starbucks, panera, D&D, B&N). sorry to hear he’s not supportive of u

My GF understands. She also studies and has an extra job. Fortunately I only work 45 hours per week. I usually put in an hour after work (at work). Then she goes to bed earlier than I do so I study when she’s asleep. If they don’t understand the dedication factor just slap down the CFAI texts from time to time on the dining room table to remind them what you have to conquer.

sometimes i think maybe I’m just caught up in a bad situation- and, being a female, i guess i overanalyze everything to begin with. I moved down to Florida two years ago from Manhattan- its a stationary world down here- everyone’s got the “i’m content-with-being-dumb” disease!