So anyone started CFA study yet for june?

Not me, still gotta enrol Also does anyone know if the ACCA is at all a valuable accreditation?

Yep started working on the Level 3 stuff a couple of weeks ago but have only gotten through the second book (skipped ethics). I expect there will be some major revisions for next year.

level 2, did ethics, in quant now. it sucks.

Also does anyone know if the ACCA is at all a valuable accreditation? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ACCA is a globally recognised , fastest growing and highly regarded chartered accountancy qualification of UK. Its something like CPA(dont know how much it is regarded) of US. ACCA will be helpful for FSA , Corporate finance, and Ethics section of the CFA exams. Enrolled for the L1 CFA exams for June 09 and yet to start. Cheers Sumo

not yet plan to start level III in dec/jan

maddane Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Not me, still gotta enrol > > Also does anyone know if the ACCA is at all a > valuable accreditation? ot yet, i should get started don’t want to fail again. is dinesh still in the game? better not disappoint me man.

sumo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Also does anyone know if the ACCA is at all a > valuable accreditation? > > -------------------------------------------------- > -------------------------------------------------- > -------- > ACCA is a globally recognised , fastest growing > and highly regarded chartered accountancy > qualification of UK. Its something like CPA(dont > know how much it is regarded) of US. > > ACCA will be helpful for FSA , Corporate finance, > and Ethics section of the CFA exams. > > Enrolled for the L1 CFA exams for June 09 and yet > to start. > > Cheers > Sumo is it recognized on par with the ACA or CA designations found in the commonwealth?

I just wanted to say that its SO GOOD being done the CFA. Willy

haha I hate you Willy , thanks for throwing that in though . . .

I’ll also add that its SO GOOD to get your Charter handed to you so you can hang it on your wall. Willy

I can’t handle the CFAI books, waiting on Schweser

I’ll ALSO add that the simple suggestion of a “Schweser vs. Original readings” debate makes me break out into hysterical laughter because - quite truthfully gents - thats a call I no longer have to make, ever. In fact, when I’m done laughing, I usual say something like “Ha ha ha…hey guys look…it’s a bunch of CANDIDATES”. Willy

Ooops by the way, my best wishes on success in this year’s exams guys. For real. I mean that. Willy

No…how lame…the test is in June…

… not touching L2 until Feb-09

SeanC Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sumo Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Also does anyone know if the ACCA is at all a > > valuable accreditation? > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > -------- > > ACCA is a globally recognised , fastest growing > > and highly regarded chartered accountancy > > qualification of UK. Its something like > CPA(dont > > know how much it is regarded) of US. > > > > ACCA will be helpful for FSA , Corporate > finance, > > and Ethics section of the CFA exams. > > > > Enrolled for the L1 CFA exams for June 09 and > yet > > to start. > > > > Cheers > > Sumo > > is it recognized on par with the ACA or CA > designations found in the commonwealth? Highly recognized and considered better than ACA of UK. So I guess it is atleast equally regarded with the ACA or CA designations found in the commonwealth.

There is absolutely no way it is considered beter then ACA

Any reason why most of them all over the world are pursuing ACCA and not their local ACA. This is because that it is highly recognized globally. ACCAs can fit into any part of the world, ACA needs to make certain adjustments.

im an australian CA (chartered acct) and had no problem getting work in the uk. lived there for 3 years and always landed well paid contracts easily. employers in oz (non chartered firms obviously) dont care too much which one you have as long as your qualified.

Hey Guys, In the past, ACA was considered a slightly more varied qualification as you have to spend 3 years in a professional services firm serving a multitude of clients on different projects whereas ACCA you can do from home or whilst you work for one company. However, today, the ACA is less strict on experience thus i believe both qualifications will converge in terms of respectability.