So Now What?

Hope for the best and start studying for Level 2? Expect the worse and keep reviewing Level I in case a December retake is required? Do neither and find a hobby? I just don’t know…

enjoy these 2 months and screw level 2 (or level 1 again) until the books come…

I’m hittin the cpa books…you should look into it

CPA?

yeah, it’s easier than the cfa and it will help with FRA in lvl 2…I’ve already taken 1 cpa exam- they are divided into 4 parts so you can take them at your leisure

Anyone here gave actuarial exams ? I was thinking of preparing for 2nd (FM), I am trying to find out if there are similarities between L1 and FM.

If I was an independent auditor, I would render an adverse opinion on my potential as an accountant.

haha I would never want to be an accountant. I’m in IB on the buyside for Chinese companies and having a cfa with a cpa is gold these days

What are the costs like on a CPA?

I failed, so this time I am going to learn the Glossary from the CFAI books before I write the Dec exam. I am going to start light reading every night in 2 weeks…I going to hit the golf course hard in the mean time.

No CPA doesn’t help much for FRA Level 2. Don’t get into it thinking this. CPA is most suitable for those who want to be auditors etc

@letsdothis : YES! it seems that it’s all I really needed to do, should’ve just memorized the glossary and screwed the formulas :slight_smile:

sumz, I appreciate your input but you’re wrong. The CPA, coupled with a CFA, is what all the top bankers are going for in my company (morgan stanley). MBA is a given these days… Although if you are on the sell-side a cpa is useless but for buy side it is priceless.

am planning to start with L2…the way my friends described their experience with L2 makes me wonder if even 360 days are gonna be enough…

Hit the gym… hard!

nickfaulkner Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sumz, I appreciate your input but you’re wrong. > The CPA, coupled with a CFA, is what all the top > bankers are going for in my company (morgan > stanley). MBA is a given these days… > > Although if you are on the sell-side a cpa is > useless but for buy side it is priceless. i think sumz was trying to say that the cpa exam won’t help you much for the level 2 exam, not that being a CPA is a waste of time.

@letsdothis - no way you failed buddy. i remember you posting on the forum all the tests you have taken and your scores. you’re good bro. i think (hope) we both are. i think the pass rate for people on AF is higher then for people not on AF. everyone on the forum seems like they are so prepared. everyone i know who has failed did because they werent prepared. just my thoughts.

I would bet the pass rate for people on here is higher than for everyone else… I’m sure plenty of people showed up to the test with their books still in the wrapping… (and I doubt any of those people are on this forum).

nickfaulkner Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sumz, I appreciate your input but you’re wrong. > The CPA, coupled with a CFA, is what all the top > bankers are going for in my company (morgan > stanley). MBA is a given these days… > > Although if you are on the sell-side a cpa is > useless but for buy side it is priceless. top bankers? what division? def not IBD or S&T. if anything it would be research, but buy-side is much more better than sell side research. If you’re going the CFA CPA combo route, it would have to be with a fundamental buy side shop. But if CFA MBA combo won’t get you the job, then the CPA added into the mix will be marginal at best. Regardless, all the power to you.

I’m a CPA at a big firm worked in audit for 4 years and now moving into the financial due diligence side offering services to buy side PE and Corporate. What do you guys suggest for me say in 3 to 4 years.