So pissed !!

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Again you don’t get it. For me it’s not about the > piece of paper, it’s about challenging myself to > do something and not making it. How hard is that > to understand ? … lol we all understand your goal but we view it as arrogant to make a whiny thread about it on pass/fail day. by the way it’s more like a swimmer getting gold but missed his time goal but .01 seconds. YEAH .01 seconds. and then going up to other swimmers that he raced with (not only the general public and media) and whining about it. at this moment humbleness is a vitrue

I agree that the timing of this post isn’t ideal. So maybe mo34 was disappointed that he didn’t ace a particular section in Level III, but there is still a reason for his taking the exam (perhaps he has been unable to achieve his professional objectives without it). Besides, whether he knows it or not, he has strengths and weaknesses like all others, and his sh!t still stinks just as much as the next person’s. It was an arrogant post on his end, but I say give the guy the opportunity to bask in his achievements. For his sake, hopefully he’ll soon come back down to earth where everyone else is, including all of those who already are in the career of their choice and don’t actually need a 6-hour test to validate their accomplishments.

Cross1000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I dont post often but just to talk about csk and > mo’s study stragtegy and make some comparisons > > My 2nd year writing and failed again. > > Read all of CFAI books, > - had detailed notes written on larger subjects > like PM and Fixed income while less brief notes > in areas like Economics > - Read through Schwesar last year and re-read some > this year in topics I needed more clairty > - did every single question in Schwesar test bank > - did most CFA prior morning exams > - did CFA free online exam and paid online exam > - studied every weekend and 3 days a week until > end of Feb, then did 4-5 weekdays and all weekends > > > All this while working 12 hrs days. > > I felt great after exam. Completed all questions > with a decent answer in morning and finished > afternoon an hour earlier but stayed to check > answers > > I failed, with a 5 ranking to boot…Probably > worse than last year according to them. > I am speechless > > Either I can’t write in english and suck in > multiple choice and/or have some serious exam > taking issues > > So, i commend you guys for passing but time and > effort are not the only thing you need. Cross1000, sorry about you failing the test, I did not mean to be offensive in anyway, people who have been around this forum for the past 3 years know me and know that this was not my intention.

> I know I’ll get the piece of paper, sooner or later any dumb a** can get it, > it’s not rocket science This is precisely why you shouldn’t have spent so much time.

Yes I did. Ranging scores from 70-80% near exam time. The scores were increasing with time due to seeing all material at least once by the time the exam came around. Forgot to mention I did all exam books from Schwesar 6&7. Started with Book 7 first as that was the JKE exams of the past which were the hardest and most detailed The schwesar exams from testbank got redundant after awhile because I had seen the questions already in my studies

Cross what about AM and sample/mock from CFAI?

mo. I am not pissed at you bud. Others ma be are, but that is not why I am commenting on this thread to give you and csk grief. I am just looking for some advice to people who have ripped the exam and spend the time. Its obviously I have to look into my exam/test writting skills. The knowledge is there. Nothing is worse than people who you study with, ask you questions while studying. then they pass and I fail. lol

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I agree that the timing of this post isn’t ideal. > So maybe mo34 was disappointed that he didn’t ace > a particular section in Level III, but there is > still a reason for his taking the exam (perhaps he > has been unable to achieve his professional > objectives without it). Besides, whether he knows > it or not, he has strengths and weaknesses like > all others, and his sh!t still stinks just as much > as the next person’s. > > It was an arrogant post on his end, but I say give > the guy the opportunity to bask in his > achievements. For his sake, hopefully he’ll soon > come back down to earth where everyone else is, > including all of those who already are in the > career of their choice and don’t actually need a > 6-hour test to validate their accomplishments. Numi, I thought you were smarter than that. Why would I bask in achievement ? What achievement are you talking about ? everybody will pass sooner or later, where in my posts did I imply that this was an achievement that I was proud of ? I understand that you’re an expert in HR and job hunting tips, and I have read some of your post in the general forum, but other than that, I’m not really sure what is it that you have “achieved” that qualifies you to come here and give lessons on life accomplishments.

the sample mock, if I can remember correctly I got 67%. high 60’s low 70’s. I did the AM exams but I didnt test myself on overall as lots of the material had changed over years. ie snakebite method. lol

Cross1000, i really dont know as it looks like you should have passed by comfortable margin. Did you take practice exams under time constraints? When you were answering AM, where you answers close to key provided by CFAI?

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The difference between us is that I’m always > trying to be the best at anything I do while > you’re just happy passing. Passing and getting the > piece of paper was never a motivation for me. I > know I’ll get the piece of paper, sooner or later > any dumb a** can get it, it’s not rocket science. i’d rather spend that extra 200 hours or whatever making more money or doing something that actually benefits me in some way. each to their own. too me it would be like mowing your lawn when your neighbor will do it for free. why bother?

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Numi, > > I thought you were smarter than that. Why would I > bask in achievement ? What achievement are you > talking about ? everybody will pass sooner or > later, where in my posts did I imply that this was > an achievement that I was proud of ? smarter than “what”? The very subject of your post and your own declamation "All this work … and come up with nothing … " clearly implies your intent. Now, if you’re telling me you felt no sense of achievement from passing Level III, what would be the point of your posting your results? > I understand that you’re an expert in HR and job > hunting tips, and I have read some of your post > in the general forum, but other than that, I’m not > really sure what is it that you have “achieved” > that qualifies you to come here and give lessons > on life accomplishments. Feel free to continue to be unsure, then – it’s not like you know me. I’m not here to talk about myself either. I’m just elucidating what others believe but for whatever reason are too busy to say.

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > intent. Now, if you’re telling me you felt no > sense of achievement from passing Level III, what > would be the point of your posting your results? > I post my results to share them with the people I have worked with the past year. People here knew that some of us had set a higher goal, Bigwilly CSK, and others. We have been working together, sharing scores on mocks, tips on subjects and others. These are the people I was addressing, not some random group who has no idea of what’s going on but is quick to make judgment for whatever reason. > Feel free to continue to be unsure, then – it’s > not like you know me. I’m not here to talk about > myself either. I’m just elucidating what others > believe but for whatever reason are too busy to > say. Again, I respect you and your interview tips posts in the general forum, maybe they come in handy one day if I decide to move, but unless you really know the whole picture I am not sure why you would bother and comment on this thread.

csk. I didnt do a strick time constraint but I estimated. Exam time I didnt have a problem with time. Answering AM - It was 2nd year in a row…i did all questions from back of CFAI books. (last year it was Candidate Readings). They are all old exams questions. So ya, i was close. But who honestly knows what they look for in exam time.

mo34 – When you post your results on this forum, you allow yourself to be the subject of discussion for not only everyone else on the forum, but anyone else who wishes to subscribe to it. I understand that maybe you intended this to be directed to a select few, but it is an assumed risk that you are taking by posting it in on the open forum. I don’t know about the “whole picture” of your life, and frankly couldn’t care less. That said, I’m also not here to engage in a personal battle with you (but will gladly reciprocate any bellicose gestures). All I was explaining was why the subject matter of your post makes certain people feel the way they do. I’m happy to cease discussion on this topic unless you wish to discuss it further.

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Numi, > > I thought you were smarter than that. Why would I > bask in achievement ? What achievement are you > talking about ? everybody will pass sooner or > later, where in my posts did I imply that this was > an achievement that I was proud of ? > > I understand that you’re an expert in HR and job > hunting tips, and I have read some of your post > in the general forum, but other than that, I’m not > really sure what is it that you have “achieved” > that qualifies you to come here and give lessons > on life accomplishments. good god you’re in the twilight zone, dude. first of all, not every “dumb @$$” as you said will pass all 3 exams. it’s not true that “everybody will pass sooner or later”. if you think that, you’re truly delusional and it erases any credibility that you have in your arguments (if there’s any left). people don’t get through the program for various reasons. the proof in the inappropriateness in this thread is apparent in the people pointing out your arrogance and insulting nature. all you’re saying is that people are not supposed to get insulted. it doesn’t work that way and stop being in denial. can you not see the stupidity in that?

good luck to all those who just underperformed the mark that CFA established…still a great job to be at Level 3.

I apologize again if I have offended anyone with my inappropriate thread. People who know me on this forum will tell you that my intention was never to brag or anything like that. If I could delete this thread I would happily do so.

When I first saw the post I had a feeling it was going to go sideways. I was a little offended at first, but I understand where mo’s coming from. He did unreal and should be proud. I just think the timing could have been a little better. But I’m sure he didn’t mean to disrespect anyone.

Egos