so who lost their gf/bf too lately?

vanessa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > who am I? I am Miss Miserable, for now. All I do > is suffering and choking myself dead. > > so if a girl gets CFA, she could find better > boyfriend? really? lol… > I dont think I would ever want a serious relationship with someone who works in the same industry. I work enough hours research names, the last thing I need to do on my free time is talk about them some more… Like our Health Care analyst, his wife is also a healthcare at a different shop. What are dinner’s like? Debating the proper multiple to give MRK? Go over details of Phase III trials?

Reminds me of an ethics question where an analyst and investment banker were married and would have pillow talk about company events. They sounded pretty freaky in bed!

I always remaind to myself “Your ballroom days are over baby”…

Recently broke up with my gf. Entry-level finance job + CFA prep = Unhappy Me = Unhappy GF = breakup = Me even unhappier :frowning:

vanessa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > tycoon…is a borrowed word from japanese. If so I > guess he think he can do better. that poor > woman… > > who am I? I am Miss Miserable, for now. All I do > is suffering and choking myself dead. > > so if a girl gets CFA, she could find better > boyfriend? really? lol… > > > I don’t believe earning the CFA Charter is going to make a woman more significantly more attractive to men than they were before they earned the charter. Especially since most female CFA candidates are busted. In general, with respect to women, your basically hot or not, and that’s going to account for 90% of males attraction to you. Having the CFA may add a more significant amount of value if the woman is already hot and pulled off earning the the charter. To the woman expecting the CFA designation to make her more attractive to men, I’d say you had a lapse in judgment. I’d tell her to get a gym membership, start putting out a little sooner, and to use her 2500 bucks (that she would have spent on CFA) as down payment for a boob job. Wallah — you have guys lined up around the block

Gouman ouch, I have to admit that my choice my girlfriend was done on the basis of what was between her ears, and not what you have described as the redeeming qualities of the fairer sex. I think that Vanessa needs to decide which group of males she would rather attract if that is the entire point behind this. But I doubt her motives are as simple as your statement alludes.

I had a girlfriend 3 months ago… but I broke up with her…because I could not drive 1 hour every weekend to see her… the opportunity cost of studying, saving gas and chilling with my basset hound was bigger than seeing her (althought she was a hot blonde but a bit dumb) how attractive a girl is = smarts + looks + alpha( the excess benefit/qualities you get from her that you find worth it) it’s a combo and i’m sure it varies from guy to guy. ANYWAYS BEING SINGLE AND DOING THE CFA works!!! although, I spend more money on the weekends.

strangedays Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I always remaind to myself “Your ballroom days are > over baby”… No, not over! You just landed the J O B! :slight_smile: Congrats!

map1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > strangedays Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I always remaind to myself “Your ballroom days > are > > over baby”… > > > No, not over! You just landed the J O B! :slight_smile: > Congrats! Thanks map! I was thinking to email you and let you know! I hope life is good on your side!

Not as sweet as on your side:)

QUESTION…how do you plan to maintain a relationship (bf/gf etc) if you are studying for CFA, focused on your job? How do you have one in the first place? I am in NYC and it is impossible, i dont even try.

with a defeatist attitude, of course it is… I have a b/f and a full-time job, and so far it’s been working out for me. What really impresses me is the people who have kids and are able to do it all.

I usually just bang hookers around exam time. girlfriends are way too time-consuming.

three words my fellow candidates… FRIENDS WITH… BENEFITS.

My ex-girlfriend and I broke up about a month ago after dating for two years. Reasons: distance (I moved from New York to Texas), not seeing each other enough, her desire for a more serious commitment and my preference not to settle down just yet, etc. Anyway, I can’t blame the CFA exams since I’m not taking them anymore, but I can still save 15% on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

what a sad world, some of these comments are rather depressing!! what crowd is this again? I want to attract men with wisdom and integrity…(and looks). I want CFA (hence a more successful career) because it makes me happy, gives me thrills, and make myself truly independent from man (I don’t have to marry for money, just looks lol ). I want to be successful also because it would be a sweetest revenge at my ex. I don’t want to be just a ordinary hot trophy type of girl, I want to be one that no man can look down on. Men can be soul mates, but can never be my baby sitter—I just learned–I can’t rely on them any more, I can only rely on myself.

AF can become a locker room at times. Vanessa you seem to be doing well for yourself. Focus on yourself, your goals, and when the time is right the man will be found. Although I’m bitter, I keep that thought in my mind. Also not all of us get around. Too much of that is present on this board whether it’s true or not.

vanessa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what a sad world, some of these comments are > rather depressing!! what crowd is this again? > > I want to attract men with wisdom and > integrity…(and looks). I want CFA (hence a more > successful career) because it makes me happy, > gives me thrills, and make myself truly > independent from man (I don’t have to marry for > money, just looks lol ). I want to be successful > also because it would be a sweetest revenge at my > ex. I don’t want to be just a ordinary hot trophy > type of girl, I want to be one that no man can > look down on. Men can be soul mates, but can never > be my baby sitter—I just learned–I can’t rely > on them any more, I can only rely on myself. Wow. If it makes you feel better, my goal is to attract a very rich and powerful woman. Have her work and ill stay at home taking care of the dogs and playing video games all day. Not going to happen. maybe you just need to take it easy and learn to forget? My motto is that im going to live for at least another 60 years… i cant let something as silly as a relationship determine who im going to be for those years. Hence… no revenge, no sad world, no point to prove. Cmon… think like your free, not like your enslaved to some terrible relationship. and yes, im very immature.

vanessa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what a sad world, some of these comments are > rather depressing!! what crowd is this again? > > I want to attract men with wisdom and > integrity…(and looks). I want CFA (hence a more > successful career) because it makes me happy, > gives me thrills, and make myself truly > independent from man (I don’t have to marry for > money, just looks lol ). I want to be successful > also because it would be a sweetest revenge at my > ex. I don’t want to be just a ordinary hot trophy > type of girl, I want to be one that no man can > look down on. Men can be soul mates, but can never > be my baby sitter—I just learned–I can’t rely > on them any more, I can only rely on myself. Wow, somebody sounds bitter from being steamrolled. Maybe if you would have learned to rely on yourself sooner (what an epiphany) you wouldn’t have gotten burned and sound like one of those battered mutt’s on The View. Also, the revenge part of your premise for CFA is the icing on the cake, the smoking gun. You clearly have baggage i.e. your damaged goods. No sense spending any time on this one fellas it’s a dead end. Unless she finds her good looking guy who is also willing to love with her now jaded view of relationships and stroke her post steamrolled “miss thang” ego, I suspect we have a future CFA cat lady on our hands.

Found a sweet lil thing right before I got my books. She’s since moved to Boston and now I’m staying up way too late talking on the phone. It’s killing my morning study routine and overall a bit too time consuming. Don’t know how much longer I can keep it up. I’m clearly out of wack, hence me typing this post on AF instead of studying right now. I dumped the chick I was seeing when I decided to go back to school…ultimately, learning new challenging stuff and serious dating are like oil & water. Opt out and go for random hook-ups w/LSE babes to bide time *LSE= low self esteem* mc