Stanford Case

when it comes to contract law, being intoxicated = a lack of capacity and therefore any contract signed while intoxicated could be thrown out. this is why “consent while intoxicated” is unique. most other contractual situations would be cut and dry but considering a large percentage of sexual encounters are when the parties are intoxicated, it is impossible for it to be cut and dry. someone should develop an app wherein two people both log in and verify consent before having sex. that’d be pretty terrible but legally binding foreplay.

If he had gone to a room holding hands, instead of out the front door, they both would have woken up in the morning and gone on with their lives, unless the sister found her before day break. In that case, the morning ackwardness would have been avoided. Amazing how split second decisions can severely alter lives.

So just fingers make it ok? Wtf is wrong with you?

^Not if she was unconscious or not consenting. Don’t follow your irrational response…You okay?

I think Ghibli is saying that it would’ve been even worse if member penetration ocurred, but digital penetration was still seriously wrong.

The problem with having an app that acknowledges consent is that most advanced phones are unlocked by fingerprint these days, and if the girl has passed out, well the prep would just use her fingers to"accept" the consensual request

His punishment should be more severe. The internet/public should point their outrage more to the judge that to this kid. Then again, i’m not opposed to him being rape-shamed if he actually did it.

Plus his dad needs to stfu. The effontery to publicly belittle this to ‘20 minutes of action.’ The boy should have been more severely punished off that alone. Your son couldnt cope with college and he doesn’t like the steaks you used to cook for him. FOH.

Something to ponder: if impairment makes consent impossible, is it possible for two people to rape each other if they are both smashed? In this case: the guy got off easy because he is a rich white boy

Your comment did sound that it would make a difference that it was just fingers. It wouldn’t. And it was already established that she was unconscious so prior concent is irrelevant.

If I misinterpreted your comment though, I apologize

Apparently there is a petition floating around for the judge impeachment. Well deserved imo

whoa

http://www.theonion.com/video/college-basketball-star-heroically-overcomes-tragi-19097

Maybe it could take a three second video selfie at the same time of the person verbally acknowledging?

Yeah, but ventriloquists then get unfair advantage.

Was curious about the facts of the case. I must say the reporting absolutely sucks. Nothing but sound bites. Found one statement from a party goer, “Saw them leaving holding hands.” A police officer said, “Her panties were missing from the scene.” One of the Swedes, “I said, What the fuck are you doing?” “She wasn’t moving.” How about a timeline? Full statements. How far did he have to drag her to get her behind the dumpster. Maybe a picture of the crime scene. Etc. I’d like to rage like everybody else, but I don’t want the facts, or lack there of, to make me look stupid.

More research. One source says she was actually dragged behind the dumpster and penetrated with a foreign object. If true, the judge has lost his marbles on the sentencing. If not, how could anyone report such a thing without substantiating the claim? Disgusting either way.

I think somewhere it said she had dirt in her poon. Since it’s unlikely he had dirt on his thingie, it does sound like he used something else, which is pretty disgusting

A lot of mental gymnastics on this thread to justify/sympathize/explain away rape, of an unconscious girl no less.

What exactly happened that night? Where did the penetration take place? By the dumpster? Previous to getting there? What was the object? Was the underwear found? Can you fill us in? This swimmer sounds like a real whack job.

well played…

so, something like this + ventriloquism to defeat the 3 second recording.

This was an actual rape-awareness poster distributed on a college campus. The poster basically says that if a man is drunk and a women is drunk and they have sex, the woman can’t consent and the man is a rapist. There was obviously backlash over the poster.

http://cdn0.dailydot.com/uploaded/images/original/2015/7/16/jakejosie.jpg