stay healthy for L2...

crap. i caught the flu. i bet it’s more severe than i think it is because the L2 pressure is helping me transcend the illness. anyways, sleep right…eat right…and take care of yourself in general, people.

JaRvEy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > anyways, sleep right…eat right…and take > care of yourself in general, people. SO So SO sO SOO important. jar - it’s not the pressure that will help you, its the focus and intent. And an absolutely insane amount of studying, which we’ve already done! Best wishes to you.

then let it be the focus and intent that helps me transcend! i’m not gonna throw away 2 months of prep for nothing dammit!!!

I believe one of the Schweser instructors told a story how he had written (and passed) the exam while having the flu, a broken arm, or something to that effect. It’s some 9 days left for you to recover, it’s worse for those who catch the flu two-three days before exam day. So, in a way, you’re among the lucky ones…

I have accumulated lots of fats in my body (3kg+ I guess) over the past 1 month, by: eating, working, eating, studying. By working and studying straight after eating, it is making me fat. Haven’t counted that the stress and intensity create ‘fake’ hungry feelings, which have made me eat twice as per normal. I can feel the increase of weight in my body now… Moving my body slowly… Has there been any scientific research on the correlation between the weight (or speed of moving the body) and the speed of thinking (of the brain) yet? Anyone cares to share? Sad. Will sign up for Standard Charter Marathon end of this year.

Guys, I couldn’t agree more about importance of getting enough sleep. I had been sleeping roughly 5 hours per day for a while and was feeling pretty awful all day at work. Decided to get 7 hours sleep lastnight and feeling much better today and my efficiency seems to have shot up too.

Definitely need to workout hard while waiting for exam results in August. For the last two months, all i’ve been doing is studying, eating, and smoking. Sleeping also has been problematic. I drink tea throughout the day and even if i want to sleep, sometimes i can’t. I’ll sleep maybe 20-30 minutes and then i’m wide awake again. My heart is going to give soon. That’s probably why i’m sick right now. Can’t wait til 6/5. I need some alcohol in me as i hear it’s a disinfectant to kill all the germs…

Sleep is extremely important. My bad luck though is that I went to bed early last night , and ended up tossing and turning the whole night. For some reason I got the feeling that the exam was today and that just spoilt my whole sleep :frowning:

Caffeine and nicotine…diet of champions

chocolate and coffee are good for you. that’s all I needed to hear! http://www.steadyhealth.com/articles/Foods_That_Improve_Your_Brain_Function_a794_f0.html

Get well soon JaRvEy! Stop smoking my friend! You need more oxygen to the brain not less. As part of the study strategy there is a health strategy component. I’ve been taking a multivitamin, Omega 3, Vitamin B enhancer (for concentration) plus some fiber everyday to keep the immune/body systems as well maintained as possible while under massive stress and staying away from small children for months now. Time your caffeine intake, I’ll only drink it in the morning, after say 12pm, no more or it will keep my heart rate up all night and you can’t sleep well. Last year I lost weight over this thing, this year, I’m trying to keep it all so I have something firm to sit on for 8hrs…hahaha For back pain, take Aleve or get the Salonpas hot patches, works very well. Taking a hot steam shower also helps with dry eyes and waking you up instead of more caffeine. And change study position. Been also reading on the massage table with the book on the ground, helps my breaking back. I don’t know how you guys operate with 5 hours of sleep, working all day and studying for this thing. That’s a real champion, pass or fail! Study hard and study smart everyone, it’s a brutal exam.

When Bizzy Bone talked about taking the level 2 exam in the song ‘notorious thugs feat. notorious b.i.g.’ he elaborated on his moring regiment that allowed him to get >70 all sections except alternative investments, “7 a.m., woke in the morning, with hen and caffeine and green and nicotine”

I gained 12 kg the last few months. not only because I sit and study, but I literally eat for two persons. :wink:

I am the exact opposite…for the last 6 months, all I have been doing is working, studying, and working out… I have lost 35lbs due to this crazy schedule.

This is so weird… I lost 5kg so far.

I’ve lost weight as well. I have not been working out at all either. I lost about 10lbs during my L1 studies last year. I’m down about 7lbs so far through L2. There are different opinions on sleep and memory recall. My brother was recently talking to a Dr. who said that you need at least 7 hours of sleep so that your brain can convert your short-term memories into long-term memories during the REM cycle. Apparently once you have been asleep for about 6 hours is when this S/T to L/T transfer takes place.

Already having LOS show up in my dreams. Not good. Was dreaming about CMBS the other night. Glutamine is also good for the immune system and garlic. I take half a melatonin every night to make sure I sleep well.

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > There are different opinions on sleep and memory > recall. My brother was recently talking to a Dr. > who said that you need at least 7 hours of sleep > so that your brain can convert your short-term > memories into long-term memories during the REM > cycle. Apparently once you have been asleep for > about 6 hours is when this S/T to L/T transfer > takes place. Thanks for sharing this. I tried torturing myself with 4-5 hours of sleep as well. But it lasted only two days and my productivity slowed down too. Today I slept 7 hours and feeling alot better!! So the lesson is please don’t compromise on sleep. But this exam is no doubt brutal and really unhealthy. I gained 3-4 kgs of weight, lost hair, getting headaches backaches. Also, feeling weak that at times I can’t walk properly as my legs feel jelly-like after getting up from 2 hours of a study session. :S It will worth it only if we pass this thing!

marty3 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > When Bizzy Bone talked about taking the level 2 > exam in the song ‘notorious thugs feat. notorious > b.i.g.’ he elaborated on his moring regiment that > allowed him to get >70 all sections except > alternative investments, “7 a.m., woke in the > morning, with hen and caffeine and green and > nicotine” Biggie had problems clearing L2: “You should too / if u knew / what this game would do to u / been in this shit since '92 / look at all the bullshit I been thru” Poor guy never did clear it.

This kid would own L2… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xePgC8wHDXI