Stern vs Tuck for MBA- advice pls

Hey guys- Im trying to decide between the two of these schools for my MBA. They are very different with regards to location and focus but I want to have as many options as possible upon graduation (in case I decide to continue in finance or switch careers down the line). I am also a L3 candidate and hope to have my charter by the time of matriculation. I appreciate any thoughts/advice.

stern is in nyc

finance --> Stern

interesting

The general population with respect Tuck more due to the Dartmouth name and the fact that it’s Ivy. The finance industry will respect NYC more - I’d venture to say significantly more, though Tuck is good enough that you can get in to the better shops if you bring some skills.

Danny Boy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- the general population doesn’t know where/what Tuck is it really depends what you want to do with the mba and what networks you want to have access to

Both programs are very different. The experience will vary widely (not only due to location). What do you want out of the program? exit ops?

Well I def understand the differences in the two programs. I currently work at a tiny hedge fund doing a mix of research and back office work. My initial goal when I applied to school was to graduate and look for a full time analyst role however as time passses here I am rethinking that path. More than anything I want options outside of the back office when I come out. This means that if I decide to pursue an analyst role, the opportunity is there or if I want to jump into some sort of general management or consulting role, the opportunity is there also. I know this may sound unrealistic but I have pretty good experience and am also a CPA so I think a top MBA should put me in a good spot.

If you want to do finance in NYC stern is probably better, but if you want to do anything else, Tuck is probably better.

i lookked through the Tuck resume book and it was very impressive

THACHARTER Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > am also a CPA so I think a top MBA should put me in a good spot. Please report back upon graduation as to CPA vs. CFA vs. MBA - we can settle this once and for all.

Surely we can run a regression on a population of people and figure this out. We just have to decide what criteria means “better.” Compensation?

SuperiorReturn, Where did you view the Tuck resume book? Thanks

tuck is known for its private equity connections (PE concentration, internships available). strictly for PE, its probably one of the tops

jdough Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SuperiorReturn, > Where did you view the Tuck resume book? > Thanks online, they are not available anymore

I’m going to bring in an outside school for consideration. DeVry Online school. Bang for your buck, there is not a better option.

i dont understand how someone could need a CFA, CPA, and MBA to make it in this world i mean there are guys who dropped out of college who are now billionaires…

I’m all about being a billionaire. Builder, get at me with some good investment ideas and I’ll put some capital into play to make this happen. I want nothing more in life than to be coked out while driving a Lambo at 110 on the highway, with an eastern euro model in the passenger side nodding off on heroin. If I get pulled over, so what? I’ll throw the cop some Fu** You money and tell him to get lost. All we need is some investment ideas Builder, get at me Br0.

builders Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i dont understand how someone could need a CFA, > CPA, and MBA to make it in this world > > i mean there are guys who dropped out of college > who are now billionaires… some need more training than others :slight_smile:

PhillyBanker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > All we need is some investment ideas Builder, get > at me Br0. saucey balls??