Straw poll: How did you get your current job

So far many here used job boards to get their first job. But the national survey say only 10% get jobs through job boards?

KarenC Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > haha if you can find me on facebook you can see!! > > Good luck on your impossible task…for > some reason I’m worried JTLD might actually pull > it off though agreed. and #3 to original poster.

how? I see hundreds of KarenC even in Dublin aged 22.

I can arrange for an AF-type facebook meet and greet if everyone sends me their pics and stats. By everyone I mean the ladies. Thanks.

I actually thought I would learn something reading this thread. Good potential but…

Mason88 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So far many here used job boards to get their > first job. But the national survey say only 10% > get jobs through job boards? I think that is because this a population of forum go-ers and probably not representative of the population as a whole.

eire1130 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mason88 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > So far many here used job boards to get their > > first job. But the national survey say only 10% > > get jobs through job boards? > > > I think that is because this a population of forum > go-ers and probably not representative of the > population as a whole. The only stat that matters is the % who get finance related jobs. Who cares if only 2% of welders find jobs through the internet.

How many got jobs *recently* through internet or by just applying to corporate websites online?

get the lame e flirting out of here.

nocareer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > get the lame e flirting out of here. You didn’t even answer the question dbag. wtf are you b!tching about?

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > nocareer Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > get the lame e flirting out of here. > > You didn’t even answer the question dbag. wtf are > you b!tching about? he’s got no career. give him a break. and i can’t believe i’m actually looking at AF near midnight. i feel like brianr if he was in the eastern time zone right now.

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > brianr Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > nocareer Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > get the lame e flirting out of here. > > > > You didn’t even answer the question dbag. wtf > are > > you b!tching about? > > > he’s got no career. give him a break. > > and i can’t believe i’m actually looking at AF > near midnight. i feel like brianr right now. Sorry pal, I’m on the west coast.

^^ haha

eire1130 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Title says it all. > > 1.) Networking, friends, family lined you up. > 2.) Recruiter > 3.) Sent in application found on the internet, job > board, etc. > 4.) They responded to an application you posted on > a job board > 5.) You really wanted the job so you contacted > people without their being an advertised job > 6.) Other > 7.) N/A 6) Career fair after meeting the person there, my alma mater + GPA basically sealed the deal

sherbeer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > how? I see hundreds of KarenC even in Dublin aged > 22. You went through all of my posts to get my age and location…and then search through facebook… No job eh?

I got mine through a recruitment agency. They did a great job. I’l even give them a plug. Well done Robert Walters. RWA LN. They have a whopping great market cap of £88m according to Bloomberg. Actually mightn’t be a bad PA investment that. Good company. Super cyclical near the bottom of the cycle. Has net cash on BS.

KarenC Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sherbeer Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > how? I see hundreds of KarenC even in Dublin > aged > > 22. > > > You went through all of my posts to get my age and > location…and then search through > facebook… > > No job eh? I don’t know about you but I would be flattered if a hot chick did that to me.

Robert Walters are pretty good here in Ireland too - they seem to have got all the CFAs on their books!

3.) Sent in application found on the internet, job board, etc.

1. Really wanted the job and contacted the person without their being an advertised job, was refered to hiring manager by manager from a previous interview, and I got that interview off a job board.