Street Cred

Anyone up in here have any street cred? I do. I will start: 1. Grew up in the projects 2. Experienced multiple drive-bys. Lived next to a drug dealer, etc. etc. 3. Have experience killing 10,000 other minorities and disadvantaged people to receive the one chance given to this demographic to move up the socio-economic ladder. Thus, I have experience killin’ it and use this skillset on a daily basis 4. Bypassed my holmes from SC (South Central) in staying true to my thug life ways and not selling my soul to LinkedIn. I would have imagined one of us doing time before I saw us on LinkedIn. I have officially declared him as a sell-out and now have to be deuce times thuggin’ it to compensate for his slack 5. On the onset, I might look like a timid nerd. But fo real’s, I’m hella ghettoesque on the inside. Refer to #4. Your turn.

I’m so gangster, I still listen to MC Hammer and I LARP Grand Theft Auto. Yea.

^Are you on linkedin? Yes, I determine this as a weeder.

grew up in warzone, fled home at 8, lived in refugee camp for months, lived close to poverty for years as immigrants…i got street cred mofos.

Grew up in the Suburbs of Atlanta. Eventually moved to Buckhead. Went to private high school and college. Work in one of the most affluent counties in the country. Sup bitchez.

Ocean Mist Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anyone up in here have any street cred? > > I do. I will start: > > 1. Grew up in the projects > 2. Experienced multiple drive-bys. Lived next to a > drug dealer, etc. etc. > 3. Have experience killing 10,000 other minorities > and disadvantaged people to receive the one chance > given to this demographic to move up the > socio-economic ladder. Thus, I have experience > killin’ it and use this skillset on a daily basis > 4. Bypassed my holmes from SC (South Central) in > staying true to my thug life ways and not selling > my soul to LinkedIn. I would have imagined one of > us doing time before I saw us on LinkedIn. I have > officially declared him as a sell-out and now have > to be deuce times thuggin’ it to compensate for > his slack > 5. On the onset, I might look like a timid nerd. > But fo real’s, I’m hella ghettoesque on the > inside. Refer to #4. > > Your turn. Noone really cares. You get street cred from actually doing, not just from bystanding (difficult concept for women to grasp). So by extension, it is likely none of us have it.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Grew up in the Suburbs of Atlanta. Eventually > moved to Buckhead. > > Went to private high school and college. > > Work in one of the most affluent counties in the > country. > > Sup bitchez. man thats hot :slight_smile:

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Noone really cares. You get street cred from > actually doing, not just from bystanding > (difficult concept for women to grasp). So by > extension, it is likely none of us have it. ^Hahaha! You dissed my womanhood, poverty upbringing, and minorityhood all in one sentence. Very nice. I agree no one cares. That is the problem. :wink: For the record, I was in the action not bystanding. Living it = in the action. Not about to spill details on the internet. For all you know, I can be making all this up just for entertainment purposes, or I can be fo real. I’m thug life - that is f’real.

Ocean Mist Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Black Swan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > Noone really cares. You get street cred from > > actually doing, not just from bystanding > > (difficult concept for women to grasp). So by > > extension, it is likely none of us have it. > > > ^Hahaha! You dissed my womanhood, poverty > upbringing, and minorityhood all in one sentence. > Very nice. > > I agree no one cares. That is the problem. :wink: > > For the record, I was in the action not > bystanding. Living it = in the action. > > Not about to spill details on the internet. For > all you know, I can be making all this up just for > entertainment purposes, or I can be fo real. > > I’m thug life - that is f’real. dont sweat these bit ches yo. they dont know our struggle :wink:

I was born and raised in Brooklyn. Still here.

mp2438 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was born and raised in Brooklyn. Still here. where at?

I’m so badass that I’m going to tell people on an anonymous internet forum how badass I am.

I sell crack and stick up bodegas as second and third jobs. Str8t hustlin, hooka’

^Heck yes. Yay to anonymous forum! You think I say 90% of the stuff I say up in here in real life? Talking about finances and stuff that make me uncool? Please. You better recognize. *snaps in a triangle*

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m so badass that I’m going to tell people on an > anonymous internet forum how badass I am. ^ ohai - I’m so bad ass that i hide behind a username and make fun of people on anonymous internet forums

I’m a gangster, i’m a stright up G, the gangster life is the life for me. Shooting people by day, selling drugs by night being a gangster is hella tight.

Whoa rhyme, I am blessed with your very cogent and relevant rhyme. Do you bust out a rhyme for every post you make? Awesome^3.

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mp2438 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I was born and raised in Brooklyn. Still here. > > where at? Sheepshead Bay

i still own a tape with Snow’s original LP, and have a folder on my home computer with several Vanilla ICE mp3’s (all legit downloads). I’m hardcore like this mofos

I believe that Tupac is alive.