Street Fighters

Any one read this book by Kate Kelly?

It will hit the book stand on Tuesday May 12th.

I spent my youth playing the game. I don’t need to read the book. Bottom line… All things considered, Ken or Ryu can beat everyone else.

I liked the dude with the long arms. I’d pick him if one of my friends had one of those gay controllers with the turbo button.

biotech Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I spent my youth playing the game. I don’t need > to read the book. > > Bottom line… All things considered, Ken or Ryu > can beat everyone else. i agree for the most part, but guile could sometimes take them if it turned into a jumpkicking match instead of a “moonkick” and “sonicboom” match.

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > biotech Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I spent my youth playing the game. I don’t > need > > to read the book. > > > > Bottom line… All things considered, Ken or > Ryu > > can beat everyone else. > > > i agree for the most part, but guile could > sometimes take them if it turned into a > jumpkicking match instead of a “moonkick” and > “sonicboom” match. I agree–Guile has the quickest recovery time.

Chun Li’s upside down cyclone kicks were always annoying as hell.

E Honda is one of the most underrated. His handslap was serious.

blanka was gangster… with the whole electricity gig he was unstoppable…

vega is the best

if you’re going to get into SF3, Sagat was by far the most indestructible. HYPER-KNEE, HYPER-UPPERCUT!!!

Back for two seconds, forward + Fierce = SONIC BOOOOOOOOOOM

oh man, i just read the rest of the thread and saw that the previous 10 posters also referenced Street Fighter II. AWESOME!!!

Kristen Kreuk was hot in the latest Chun Li Movie

Guile was the easiest to play, but Ryu and Ken definitely dominated. Dalshim was the most fun and Zangieff was garbage. On a a related note, was it possible to execute that move where Vega climbs the background then jumps on you? The computer always did it, but I don’t recall every seeing anyone do it?

anyone notice how Street Fighter was released in the Cold War, that Zangieff is from the USSR and he is completely useless. i think this was intended to make small american kids think that Ken and the U.S. can beat Zangieff and the USSR in every possible scenario. i could beat Zangieff if i were to play with my toes, blindfolded.

Bankin’ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Guile was the easiest to play, but Ryu and Ken > definitely dominated. Dalshim was the most fun > and Zangieff was garbage. > > On a a related note, was it possible to execute > that move where Vega climbs the background then > jumps on you? The computer always did it, but I > don’t recall every seeing anyone do it? Yeah, Ken was the best for combo moves but Vega was probably my favorite character to use. Vega only climbs onto the fence when he’s in his own setting. In any other background, when you try to execute the move, he jumps to one of the walls and then springs off of it instead. You can control which wall he jumps onto using the control stick.

I hated fighting against the Indian dude, he was such a weird fighter. I was usually Ryu as he dominated everyone. The worst fighter was that idiot boxer in the later versions who couldn’t kick.

sbmarti2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I hated fighting against the Indian dude, he was > such a weird fighter. > > I was usually Ryu as he dominated everyone. > > The worst fighter was that idiot boxer in the > later versions who couldn’t kick. Ah…yeah. I think you’re talking about Balrog. I wasn’t a huge fan of his either, but a few players were really good at using him. He had some moves that enabled him to dodge projectiles (like the sliding punch or that thing where he jumps up and shoulder-butts the opponent), and if you could time these moves properly, you could let an opponent’s fireball “pass through” you and land a punch on the opponent that could take out ~25% of the character’s life. Sorta the same deal with Zangief…seems like a hard character to use, but he can do some serious damage if you know how to use him.

Yeah, Balrog… I’m starting to suspect that what Numi does on Saturday nights. Is Chun Li or Cami the ‘IB girl’ you mentioned, haha