Study with a broken heart

How do I study with a broken heart? This girl who I loved broke up with me. Its been a few weeks and yet I havent been able to concentrate. My mind’s not in it. I am getting scared now becaue the exam is right around the corner. Anyone has any suggestions?

Study in spite of her… Will work wonders… Study hard so when you see her with her new tool boyfriend your can laugh with your new trophy girlfriend while driving by her in your new BMW you picked up with your recent bonus from your new dream job while on the way to the airport for that romantic vacation you are your new girl are going on…

There are so many other women in the world. This is just not important.

Yeah…I would agree with Mr.Good.Guy…image what she is missing by letting you go. It is not YOUR loss, it is HER loss.

I was crushed like that when I was 19. I thought my life was over, and even contemplated suicide (would have never had the balls to go through with it). It took a while but I moved on and everything has turned out just great. Fantastic wife, two great kids, good job. Don’t worry bud, the saying “there are plenty of fish in the ocean” couldn’t be more true. It’s her loss, not yours. I’m sure in time you will realize that you are better off without her if she isn’t fully into you. That’s out of your control. Somewhere, sometime you’ll come across the one that will be fully into you. Until then, enjoy “your time.” Use the studying as a distraction and as the others said, do it to spite her. Good luck.

Agree w/ Mr.Good.Guy I am sure you have seen the craigslist girl from NYC posting as well as the response that went viral a few months ago. You are at level 3, think to yourself that you could soon be that guy who gave probably the best rejection to a girl I have seen in my life. That posting is even on this forum, just do a search for craiglist, goldigger, or something along those lines. Btw, at risk of sounding like a tool, same thing happened to me in August while I was getting ready for the Dec LI, aside from intense studying, exercise and booze were very helpful. I am getting ready for LII now.

I just mentioned to my husband that there have been a lot of threads with women breaking up with guys taking cfa exams and that I have noticed not many threads with women with broken hearts and studying for the exams. My conjecture was “women are mentally more strong than men”… my husband’s response was “yes, and cruel” :slight_smile:

ok same thing happened to me last year i recommed you go back to her coz thats what I did lol well here is plan B: if she doesnt want to be with you, thats also good, coZ then you can say, the hell with you, and get back to ur cfa books as hard as u can

is this a break-up day excuse me!!! yeah the exact same thing happened to me this morning, she broke up with me…it was pretty new. She managed to become a distraction in such a short period of time but at the same time, well, she was good u know what i mean. So it was a win-win situation for me. anyways i’m taking an off from study, maybe you’d show me some love too:) that’s what friends for, right? ok she wasn’t love of my life, but she was def something. I don’t know. Actually i knew what was coming when i got “i need to talk to you before i leave” text last night, (she’ll be flying to china monday morning for business) i said whatever. She invited me to breakfast, and we met at 9. She said everything happened so fast, and she wasn’t attracted to me as much as I was to her. And pulled the trigger. She thanked me for being understanding and I thanked her paying for the bfast…I hit the gym quick and studying since then. I know my intrinsic value and i know my potential. Nothing can stop me after this point. Hey Needhelp!!! You should do the same too, f*#% it! Tomorrow is a brand new day. Just move on. Be confident and sharp. They will come to you. And never ever think that one day she will come back to you. NEVER It’s been three weeks so your time is up!! You understand me??! Your time is up!! Now back to study! Good luck in your new life…

I guess the CFA thing has a bad effect on relationships, well I dont wonder why lol as peter olinto says “break with ur wife, with you gf, study and get your cfa, you will find better ones then”

I don’t get emotional about anything. Anything. It’s a blessing and a curse.

itstoohot Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > is this a break-up day excuse me!!! > > > ok she wasn’t love of my life, but she was def > something. I don’t know. Actually i knew what was > coming when i got “i need to talk to you before i > leave” text last night, (she’ll be flying to china > monday morning for business) i said whatever. Man- she is not the love of your life - if only she knew you blogged here and read this - she may have done the best thing for herself. Amen.

The Edge Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just mentioned to my husband that there have > been a lot of threads with women breaking up with > guys taking cfa exams and that I have noticed not > many threads with women with broken hearts and > studying for the exams. My conjecture was “women > are mentally more strong than men”… my husband’s > response was “yes, and cruel” :slight_smile: That was pointless.

I have seen and read that many relationships have broken because of CFA…I am going through the same thing…my GF needs time and I dont have it. She might break up with me as I told her that I wont be able to give her enough time for next 2 months.

If your g/f breaks up with you because you ask her to help you out while you study for a couple of months, she wasn’t a keeper to begin with.

I am hoping my wife divorces me so it will be quite in the house while I am trying to study

Right now you are a basketcase who got dumped. If you don’t study enough, you’ll be a basketcase who got dumped and then failed the CFA. There’s your motivation.

Thank you my dear friends. What happened with this girl was that I knew all along that she would hurt me. yet I was attracted to her. I guess I am a bit of a masochist. Anyway, I left her last October. She came back to me and said that she was miserable. She said she wanted to try again. I was surprised but I let her in because I loved her. I said, give me your word that you will change and she said to me, what good is my word, you know how pathetic I have been to you. Anyway she was great for a couple of weeks. Then fast forward a few more weeks and same old stuff. And this time she left me. So sometimes I think whether her whole game was to leave me instead of me leaving her. But tell me this, do people lie when they say that they love you? can people be that callous with other people? I am not good at relationships because I studied most of my life. I am also an actuary. I already have that dream job and make good income. She makes a quarter of what I make. But she enjoys life and all I ever do is study. this hurts a lot because I know she is somewhere enjoying spring break and I am stuck here with my books. All I want is a mature, decent, honest woman.

1 Like

All I want is a mature, decent, honest woman. This is hard to find in one woman. You will need 3 women.

needhelp—You will find a mature, decent women… I know so many wonderful, smart, pretty single women (or ladies which sounds nicer) hoping for a guy like you—and in fact, its almost weird to hear this from a guy and not a girl—I was in your position two years ago… when I was studying for CFA I and working hard and meeting guys that just didn’t treat me well. And I know I’m pretty attractive, have a great job/career–and I’m a very fun person… Fortunately I met a wonderful guy a year and 8 months ago and we are getting married in October, but I know exactly how you feel–and the most important thing is to study hard now, forget about her–and realize that there really are a lot of great girls out there that will appreciate you… I don’t know where you live, but in NYC there are sooo many great single girls (pretty, smart, good jobs)… (and there are a lot of girls in many different professions that admire anyone who takes the CFA).