successful income levels

I wouldn’t exactly consider $275K to be “bragging” either, although with numi it could always be construed as an intention even though that kind of money is chicken scratch in this industry.

kkent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > goldenboy09 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > first job out of college 45-65k > > > > 5 years out 80-130 > > > > 10 years out 150-400 > > > > 15 years out 200-500+ > > > > I know one guy who is 26 and head of trading at > a > > fairly large firm and ranking it in. I want to > > punch him most days > > Barings Bank? No oil trading firm in Texas

what an ignorant statement. this forum has gone downhill in a big way in the past year. iheartiheartmath Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^another retard brings up the “quality of life” > argument

iheartiheartmath Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wouldn’t exactly consider $275K to be “bragging” > either, although with numi it could always be > construed as an intention even though that kind of > money is chicken scratch in this industry. Frankly, I think you’re better off spending your time trying to develop your own career so that you will have some successes of your own to speak of, rather than trying to constantly instigate things with people on this forum or fabricating your own accomplishments. The act is getting old and tiresome. I would also like to add that some people are naturally born leaders – please don’t be envious of those people on this forum that define “success” in arenas that encompass more than just monetary gains. However, even if someone like yourself might lack such innate abilities, I believe leadership qualities can still be taught – even to someone like yourself. Practically speaking, I believe you could actually achieve something meaningful in this industry if you spent less time being a troll and dedicated more of your energy towards increasing your productivity and skills.

$275k is a pretty good living in just about any city in the US.

^^ Thank you numi. Well put.

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > iheartiheartmath Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I wouldn’t exactly consider $275K to be > “bragging” > > either, although with numi it could always be > > construed as an intention even though that kind > of > > money is chicken scratch in this industry. > > Frankly, I think you’re better off spending your > time trying to develop your own career so that you > will have some successes of your own to speak of, > rather than trying to constantly instigate things > with people on this forum or fabricating your own > accomplishments. The act is getting old and > tiresome. > > I would also like to add that some people are > naturally born leaders – please don’t be envious > of those people on this forum that define > “success” in arenas that encompass more than just > monetary gains. However, even if someone like > yourself might lack such innate abilities, I > believe leadership qualities can still be taught > – even to someone like yourself. Practically > speaking, I believe you could actually achieve > something meaningful in this industry if you spent > less time being a troll and dedicated more of your > energy towards increasing your productivity and > skills. Looks like someone touched a nerve with Mr. Arrogant. Don’t worry man, we’re all still in awe of your awesome greatness even if you aren’t rolling in the dough.

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^^ Thank you numi. Well put. +1

iheartiheartmath – Actually, not quite. I think you’re giving yourself too much credit. What you think of me (or anyone else on this forum for that matter) is pretty inconsequential. Perhaps the situation might be different if the things you said had any respect or credibility to back them, but I don’t believe this is the case, unfortunately. Now, I’m sure you have some of your own cronies out there who will support you in your endeavors, because you seem like you could be a likable guy to some people. Similarly, I’m sure there are others that don’t agree with the things I have to say. However, there are also plenty of other people on this forum that have contributed positively to my career, and I’m going to continue dedicating my time to being a constructive participant on this forum and be helpful towards those people that I respect. Unlike you, I actually take delight when I see other people on this forum doing well for themselves. At the end of the day, there are many people on this forum that are trying to make a positive contribution to this community; I just don’t think you are part of that group. Anyway, I won’t be paying much heed to you going forward, but I’m sure that doesn’t bother you much since you’ll probably find other people here with whom to start an argument anyhow. In any case, I just wanted to wish you well on your future endeavors. Best of luck.

When you guys say 50 or 60 hours is it all real, concentrated productive work? I remembered interning at a small hedge fund and some of the guys there stayed in around 70 hours a week, 6 days a week. But they were pretty much just taking it easy about 1/4 to 1/5 th of the time, ie. browsing the internet or even playing games.

Very well articulated. +1 Is there some way to just block the folks who contribute zero meaningful content. Every sentence that I read from these idiots takes up a moment of my life that I will not get back. What a waste. numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > iheartiheartmath – Actually, not quite. I think > you’re giving yourself too much credit. What you > think of me (or anyone else on this forum for that > matter) is pretty inconsequential. Perhaps the > situation might be different if the things you > said had any respect or credibility to back them, > but I don’t believe this is the case, > unfortunately. > > Now, I’m sure you have some of your own cronies > out there who will support you in your endeavors, > because you seem like you could be a likable guy > to some people. Similarly, I’m sure there are > others that don’t agree with the things I have to > say. However, there are also plenty of other > people on this forum that have contributed > positively to my career, and I’m going to continue > dedicating my time to being a constructive > participant on this forum and be helpful towards > those people that I respect. Unlike you, I > actually take delight when I see other people on > this forum doing well for themselves. At the end > of the day, there are many people on this forum > that are trying to make a positive contribution to > this community; I just don’t think you are part of > that group. > > Anyway, I won’t be paying much heed to you going > forward, but I’m sure that doesn’t bother you much > since you’ll probably find other people here with > whom to start an argument anyhow. In any case, I > just wanted to wish you well on your future > endeavors. Best of luck.

I go about 60 hours a week and your right about not working the whole time. I would say about 12 hours a day and 6 of them are working with the other 6 waiting for things to happen but ready to react when they do.

^ i would say that waiting anxiously for something to happen is pretty hard work, maybe just as hard or harder than furiously keeping busy

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ i would say that waiting anxiously for something > to happen is pretty hard work, maybe just as hard > or harder than furiously keeping busy I don’t agree. Because while you are waiting most people would probably surf the internet or something of that nature. I work 45-50 hrs a week and about 50-75% of that is spent waiting on approval of random things. I use that free time to either study or surf the web…I read ZeroHedge and Calculated Risk when I can.

Dear numi (aka Mr. Awesome) – I apologize if I made you feel inferior with my chicken scratch comment, the original intent of my post was to defend you against EMHdenied’s “indirect brag FTW” comment by pointing out that $275K is actually nothing to brag about in the private equity profession. However it seems like my comment did make you feel insecure about your compensation to the point where you felt the need to go out of your way to claim that you didn’t consider success to be tied to monetary gains, which, coincidentally enough, is the first time you’ve ever taken that stance. So again, I apologize. We all know how awesome you are; just because you don’t make a lot of money doesn’t make you any less awesome. Resume bragging about your job, tennis skills, being a chick magnet, getting a high GMAT score, etc. etc. and we will all continue to bow down in awe.

I do my fair share of surfing the web but mostly its reading news and work related stuff.

NYCAnalyst86 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sublimity Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ^ i would say that waiting anxiously for > something > > to happen is pretty hard work, maybe just as > hard > > or harder than furiously keeping busy > > > I don’t agree. Because while you are waiting most > people would probably surf the internet or > something of that nature. > > I work 45-50 hrs a week and about 50-75% of that > is spent waiting on approval of random things. I > use that free time to either study or surf the > web…I read ZeroHedge and Calculated Risk when I > can. fair enough. thanks for pointing me towards ZeroHedge and Calculated Risk.

At least when numi brags he brags about things he’s actually done. It’s not like he’s posting on a board saying he makes 500k working 50hrs a week at a HF – which I think everyone will agree is total bs. Didn’t you say you wanted to work for a day trading firm? Or that you mostly worked out of your apartment?

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > iheartiheartmath Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I wouldn’t exactly consider $275K to be > “bragging” > > either, although with numi it could always be > > construed as an intention even though that kind > of > > money is chicken scratch in this industry. > > Frankly, I think you’re better off spending your > time trying to develop your own career so that you > will have some successes of your own to speak of, > rather than trying to constantly instigate things > with people on this forum or fabricating your own > accomplishments. The act is getting old and > tiresome. > > I would also like to add that some people are > naturally born leaders – please don’t be envious > of those people on this forum that define > “success” in arenas that encompass more than just > monetary gains. However, even if someone like > yourself might lack such innate abilities, I > believe leadership qualities can still be taught > – even to someone like yourself. Practically > speaking, I believe you could actually achieve > something meaningful in this industry if you spent > less time being a troll and dedicated more of your > energy towards increasing your productivity and > skills. +1 for some money is everything, for others is making a difference, and a very few want to make history.

$275K where I live is a whole lot of money. Have to take cost of living differences into account.