Suits

Brooks Brothers 1818 suits vs Jos A Banks suits… Which do you prefer? In the market for some new suits and have both near me though never been in a Jos A Banks store.

Jos A Banks might have better suits than men’s wearhouse but seeing deals from them everyday in newspapers is kinda turnoff. Hey if you really have good suits, you don’t have to fill full page of WSJ everyday.

Brooks brothers 1818 fitzgerald hands down

get a custom made suit…no other way to go about it.

I thought BB could be considered a premium brand? I think Joseph a Banks is good for the money (I recently took advantage of a special) but I don’t consider them premium suits. BB has great shirts.

1818 Fitz is definetly nice, 2 for $1500 right now, but if I wait till christmas time I can probably get 2 for $1000… I love a nice navy pinstripe suit…

How much does a tailored suit cost in America?

BB 100%, I have a Josa A bank near where I live, quality isn’t there…

buyicide Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How much does a tailored suit cost in America? depends but usually goes north of 1k.

yeah around me your easily looking at 1500-2000 all depending up on cut and quality of fabric. Too much for me at this stage for a single suit.

BB just had a 30% off sale and I’m pretty sure they mailed me something saying there’s another one coming up sometime this month. That will get you down close to $1000 for 2.

Bankin’ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > BB just had a 30% off sale and I’m pretty sure > they mailed me something saying there’s another > one coming up sometime this month. That will get > you down close to $1000 for 2.\ Good shit, thanks for sharing!

walmart has some for like $50

Absolutely no point in wearing $1200 suits at the analyst/excel level. I sit in front of a computer 95% of the time.

BB 1818 if it fits you. Oddly enough, only the BB 303 fits me, so for me it’s either that or MTM.

ahaha what size are you? Bankin let us know when that sale goes on! I think I have an outlet by me also, wonder how the prices are over there…road trip?

Jos A is garbage, why is this even a comparison?

BB is definitely a step up from Jos A. If you’re going to spend the money though, you should search around for a good tailor and get a bespoke suit. You could probably find some pretty good deals right now.

So what do you guys do that requires you to wear suits? For me, the dress code is just shirt + pants 99% of the time. I wear a blazer, but most people here don’t even do that.

Shirt + Pant for me too for work