Suits

Hello Mister Walrus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So what do you guys do that requires you to wear > suits? For me, the dress code is just shirt + > pants 99% of the time. I wear a blazer, but most > people here don’t even do that. Must be a classy place if they require both a shirt and pants. I work for a bank in downtown Boston and most everyone on the block suits up every day.

Serviced By Others Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hello Mister Walrus Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > So what do you guys do that requires you to > wear > > suits? For me, the dress code is just shirt + > > pants 99% of the time. I wear a blazer, but > most > > people here don’t even do that. > > > Must be a classy place if they require both a > shirt and pants. > > I work for a bank in downtown Boston and most > everyone on the block suits up every day. I know customer service rep @ Bank of America has to wear suit everyday. Do you work for BAC? Fidelity, StateStreet, Putnam Investments etc don’t have any dress code. Shirt and Pant is more than enough. Only Wellington investment has suit as their dress code.

Dress shirt and pants. No tie or jacket unless clients come in. Its pretty casual on the asset management side. Most bankers I know do suits every day…

FO (or client facing assoicate) wear suite everyday (as part of dress code) in my firm.

ws Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > FO (or client facing assoicate) wear suite > everyday (as part of dress code) in my firm. +1 and positions like Relationship Manager/Sales/Client Service Manager etc and senior level folks - SVP and above.

pupdawg82 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Serviced By Others Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Hello Mister Walrus Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > So what do you guys do that requires you to > > wear > > > suits? For me, the dress code is just shirt + > > > pants 99% of the time. I wear a blazer, but > > most > > > people here don’t even do that. > > > > > > Must be a classy place if they require both a > > shirt and pants. > > > > I work for a bank in downtown Boston and most > > everyone on the block suits up every day. > > > I know customer service rep @ Bank of America has > to wear suit everyday. Do you work for BAC? > > Fidelity, StateStreet, Putnam Investments etc > don’t have any dress code. Shirt and Pant is more > than enough. Only Wellington investment has suit > as their dress code. Eaton Vance has to wear a suit everyday too. No dress code = biz casual.

We are mostly dress shirt and pants, but when traveling, conferences or with clients in the office you need a nice suit.

Brooks Brothers are fine stuff. But if you really want to get ahead in the work finance, especially sales, get Eermenegildo Zegna…

How many suits do you guys own?

AlphaSeeker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sales, get Eermenegildo Zegna… LOL, funny story about that. One day I went into Saks with my wife to browse, this good-looking English sales chick approached us to their suite collection, she must be into fashion, she said they had this great collection on sales, she said the brand name 3 times, I still couldn’t understand it, then my wife saved me saying that is the proper proannuncation of Eermenegildo Zegna. At that point, I was embrassed already. No wonder European thinks stupid American has no sense of fashion.

pupdawg82 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Serviced By Others Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Hello Mister Walrus Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > So what do you guys do that requires you to > > wear > > > suits? For me, the dress code is just shirt + > > > pants 99% of the time. I wear a blazer, but > > most > > > people here don’t even do that. > > > > > > Must be a classy place if they require both a > > shirt and pants. > > > > I work for a bank in downtown Boston and most > > everyone on the block suits up every day. > > > I know customer service rep @ Bank of America has > to wear suit everyday. Do you work for BAC? > > Fidelity, StateStreet, Putnam Investments etc > don’t have any dress code. Shirt and Pant is more > than enough. Only Wellington investment has suit > as their dress code. Don’t work in customer service and not at BAC. Same building as Welly. Suits every day.

bigwilly Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bankin let us know when that sale goes on! I > think I have an outlet by me also, wonder how the > prices are over there…road trip? I’m sure I threw away the mailing, so I can’t say for sure. It was most likely sent by the 1818 store at The Shops at Willow Bend and their phone number is 972-202-4616 or you could call your local store. In my experience the 346 stores generally cost as much as the 1818 stores. I think their ties may be a bit cheaper and there will certainly be more ‘sale’ items, but the slim fit dress shirts are the same price. I prefer the 1818 shirts because the sleeves are in whole increments and the 1818 32 sleeve fits my arm better than the 346 2/3.

Serviced By Others Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pupdawg82 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Serviced By Others Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Hello Mister Walrus Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > So what do you guys do that requires you to > > > wear > > > > suits? For me, the dress code is just shirt > + > > > > pants 99% of the time. I wear a blazer, but > > > most > > > > people here don’t even do that. > > > > > > > > > Must be a classy place if they require both a > > > shirt and pants. > > > > > > I work for a bank in downtown Boston and most > > > everyone on the block suits up every day. > > > > > > I know customer service rep @ Bank of America > has > > to wear suit everyday. Do you work for BAC? > > > > Fidelity, StateStreet, Putnam Investments etc > > don’t have any dress code. Shirt and Pant is > more > > than enough. Only Wellington investment has > suit > > as their dress code. > > Don’t work in customer service and not at BAC. > Same building as Welly. Suits every day. oh yeah recruiters at Hollister Staff also wear suit everyday. They are located in the same building, correct?

pupdawg82 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Serviced By Others Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > pupdawg82 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Serviced By Others Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > Hello Mister Walrus Wrote: > > > > > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > > > > > ----- > > > > > So what do you guys do that requires you > to > > > > wear > > > > > suits? For me, the dress code is just > shirt > > + > > > > > pants 99% of the time. I wear a blazer, > but > > > > most > > > > > people here don’t even do that. > > > > > > > > > > > > Must be a classy place if they require both > a > > > > shirt and pants. > > > > > > > > I work for a bank in downtown Boston and > most > > > > everyone on the block suits up every day. > > > > > > > > > I know customer service rep @ Bank of America > > has > > > to wear suit everyday. Do you work for BAC? > > > > > > Fidelity, StateStreet, Putnam Investments etc > > > don’t have any dress code. Shirt and Pant is > > more > > > than enough. Only Wellington investment has > > suit > > > as their dress code. > > > > Don’t work in customer service and not at BAC. > > Same building as Welly. Suits every day. > > > > oh yeah recruiters at Hollister Staff also wear > suit everyday. They are located in the same > building, correct? Anything else?

Bankin’ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > > I’m sure I threw away the mailing, so I can’t say > for sure. It was most likely sent by the 1818 > store at The Shops at Willow Bend and their phone > number is 972-202-4616 or you could call your > local store. > > In my experience the 346 stores generally cost as > much as the 1818 stores. I think their ties may > be a bit cheaper and there will certainly be more > ‘sale’ items, but the slim fit dress shirts are > the same price. I prefer the 1818 shirts because > the sleeves are in whole increments and the 1818 > 32 sleeve fits my arm better than the 346 2/3. Bankin, What is the difference between a 346 and 1818 store? I only have an outlet in my area.

I’m a 40-42L. The problem is that I take a pretty slim jacket, but the pants that go with them are usually don’t fit through my thighs, so unless I go seperates or MTM, they ussually only have pleated pants which don’t come with jackets that fit me very well and aren’t quite my style.

^ same problem. I am 42L. I have a fantastic tailor who takes in the suit pants and seat very well.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bankin’ Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > > > I’m sure I threw away the mailing, so I can’t > say > > for sure. It was most likely sent by the 1818 > > store at The Shops at Willow Bend and their > phone > > number is 972-202-4616 or you could call your > > local store. > > > > In my experience the 346 stores generally cost > as > > much as the 1818 stores. I think their ties > may > > be a bit cheaper and there will certainly be > more > > ‘sale’ items, but the slim fit dress shirts are > > the same price. I prefer the 1818 shirts > because > > the sleeves are in whole increments and the > 1818 > > 32 sleeve fits my arm better than the 346 2/3. > > Bankin, > > What is the difference between a 346 and 1818 > store? I only have an outlet in my area. An outlet is a 346 store and a retail shop is an 1818. If you’re at your local outlet chances are 90% of the labels in there will say 346, these products were specifically designed to be sold at the outlet. The products with labels that say 1818 were designed to be sold at a retail store and, for whatever reason, were sent to your outlet to be sold. I don’t have any BB suits so I can’t speak to the quality difference on that front, but as far as I can tell the 346 slim fit dress shirts are made of the same material and they definitely cost the same as the 1818 shirts. The two differences in dress shirts is that at the 1818 store the sleeve lengths go up to the nearest inch whereas the 346 stores go between inches and the 346 shirts have a button on the forearm whereas the 1818 shirts generally do not. So at my retail shop, or online, I can buy a 16 32 dress shirt which fits better than the 16 2/3 (32-33) sold at the 346 store. If you don’t have t-rex arms this won’t be as big an issue for you. Also the 1818 shirts generally only have one button at the wrist whereas the 346 shirts have a button at the wrist and another on the forearm (like most dress shirts do). There may be a difference in the quality of other products, I know the 346 ties are cheaper than the retail ties. You can sometimes find ties with a ‘Makers’ label at the outlet which I have found to be very nice.

In terms of suits, the biggest differences are 120’s fabric for 1818 vs 100’s for 346. 346 are also sold as separates, while 1818 are sold as suits. 346 will never be your #1 suit, but they’re typically 2 for $500 so they’re great for filling out the closet.

AlphaSeeker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Brooks Brothers are fine stuff. But if you really > want to get ahead in the work finance, especially > sales, get Eermenegildo Zegna… EZ’s are very nice. Hickey Freeman and J. Press are also nice, although traditional.