Suits

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > AlphaSeeker Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Brooks Brothers are fine stuff. But if you > really > > want to get ahead in the work finance, > especially > > sales, get Eermenegildo Zegna… > > > EZ’s are very nice. Hickey Freeman and J. Press > are also nice, although traditional. Seller of EZ…

ahahah Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > In terms of suits, the biggest differences are > 120’s fabric for 1818 vs 100’s for 346. 346 are > also sold as separates, while 1818 are sold as > suits. 346 will never be your #1 suit, but > they’re typically 2 for $500 so they’re great for > filling out the closet. It also appears that 346s are fused while 1818 are half canvas. Can anybody back this up?

salvatore has new suits too. I am not into suits and have couple bought from Zara and Express ($300 each)

Hey Ali where do you go for tailoring in town? I’m in need of someone I can trust to do a good job. Thanks

1. A good tailor makes all the difference. A perfectly tailored suit can be inexpensive and look great. 2) Clothes fit better when you’re in shape. So if you’re a little out of shape (like I was), take the money you’d spend on 1 or 2 suits and hire a personal trainer. I did this last summer and let me just say, everything I buy now looks and fits SO much better. This is by far the best return on money as it relates to clothing.

I’ve found that a good rule of thumb for determining whether a 45-post thread is interesting or not is to see if any AF chicks posted on it. If not, then chances are the thread’s pretty dry.

kcin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey Ali where do you go for tailoring in town? > I’m in need of someone I can trust to do a good > job. > > Thanks Umberto (321 6 Avenue SW) does a pretty fantastic job and did so on my suit. My father sometimes get bespoke suits from there - the old man certainly does a good job. I also have gone to this Asian woman in Gulf Canada at a place called Antonio’s Tailor Shop. While the woman appears to be slightly crazy, she also does a fantastic job if you know what you have in mind (slim the pants, waist suppression, sleeve shortening/lengthening, button attachment, etc.)

I see, thanks for the recommendations.

Given how many threads there are on suits here and how relevant they are to the finance industry, I don’t understand why they keep getting deleted. Lots of knowledge being shared. Good thing this one is still up, at least for now.

I’m all for suits, but askandyaboutclothes.com is probably the best to go to. A lot of finance people as well as clothing professionals post there.

Ok now how about Brooks vs the likes of:] Baroni, Belvest, Coppley, Corbin, Gianni Manzoni, Giorgio Valentini, Jack Victor, Joseph Abboud, Mabro, Samuelsohn, Southwick and Tallia

Serviced By Others Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m all for suits, but askandyaboutclothes.com is > probably the best to go to. A lot of finance > people as well as clothing professionals post > there. I hear you on that, but I feel like whenever you go to a board you don’t visit regularly, you A) don’t get taken seriously and B) get an answer that’s WAY too detailed for what you asked. For instance, if you asked the BB vs JOB Q on ask andy, it would probably turn into a long a drawn out argument over whether BB 1818 suits are 1/4 or 1/2 canvassed. On here you get the “I’d go BB–Zegna is pretty nice too” answer which is more along the lines of what the OP was asking. Sure there may be finance people on ask andy, but they’re there to talk about clothes and will focus more on the clothes themselves as opposed to whether they’ll get the job done in a finance setting. Here I think you’ll get an answer that focuses more onthe latter than the former.

ahahah Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Serviced By Others Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’m all for suits, but askandyaboutclothes.com > is > > probably the best to go to. A lot of finance > > people as well as clothing professionals post > > there. > > > I hear you on that, but I feel like whenever you > go to a board you don’t visit regularly, you A) > don’t get taken seriously and B) get an answer > that’s WAY too detailed for what you asked. For > instance, if you asked the BB vs JOB Q on ask > andy, it would probably turn into a long a drawn > out argument over whether BB 1818 suits are 1/4 or > 1/2 canvassed. On here you get the “I’d go > BB–Zegna is pretty nice too” answer which is more > along the lines of what the OP was asking. Sure > there may be finance people on ask andy, but > they’re there to talk about clothes and will focus > more on the clothes themselves as opposed to > whether they’ll get the job done in a finance > setting. Here I think you’ll get an answer that > focuses more onthe latter than the former. BB vs. Jos A Bank is probably their CFA vs. MBA equivalent.

LOL! ^that’s exactly why I didnt ask the questiont there.

JosABank’s can be a good value. Try to only pay 1/2 price for their clothing. They are always having a sale and buy what you need when what you need is on sale. Their executive line is OK for an analyst on just a an every day occasion. If something important is going down you probably want to step up to a Signature, Joseph, or Signature Gold Suit. Signature Gold comes with a pretty fine fabric as well as pick stiching, if you are in to that type of thing. If you wait for the right sale you can get a signature gold suit for about $350, not a bad buy at that price but I would never pay the normal asking price of ~$1000. I also own a Brooks Brothers 346 Suit and its of nice quality and would rate it at about the Signature line. The 1818 would compare closer to the Joseph or Signature Gold line.

Only thing I would add is that if you have the money I would make the signature or joseph the everyday suits, but the executive line is servicable for an analyst that spends 90% of their day at a desk.

Jos A Banks is having a sale now on their suits. Buy one Signature Gold for $599 and get second for $99! Two for $700! Anyone have expereince with these?

I’m on the BB e-mail list as well and they just sent me notification that the 30% off sale is tomorrow through next Monday. Unfortunately it does not apply to their retail stores, but for those with an outlet near them here is a copy of the e-mail. http://ebm.cheetahmail.com/c/tag/hBKzfHBALvqU4B7vGPo-gu7HK.ALvqU4G8/doc.html?t=hBKzfHBALvqU4B7vGPo-gu7HK.ALvqU4G8&password=ALvqU4-gu7HKBKzfHBLWW5arTeP0nK&RAF_TRACK=&email=BankinAF@gmail.com&i_searchbox=0

Jos. A Bank is garbage

^ Let me guess all you wear are MTM or bespoke? Sig Gold is on par with BB 1818 line according to many gents over at AAAC forum.