Summary - L2 Links

Hey guys, I put together this summary of the information I gleaned from reading through the hundreds of other posts on this topic yesterday. NOTE: this is 100% conjecture, and we obviously won’t officially know anything conclusive until Tuesday. I still think it is interesting to consider the implications, ethical and otherwise… The collective conclusion on AF appears to be that a candidate was able to determine his/her passing/failing status earlier than the results release date by logging into the CFA website this past weekend and clicking on “Sign up for an exam”. Depending on the option you saw, you could tell if you passed: LIII link: PASS LII link: (i) No tick at LII registration: FAIL (ii) All boxes ticked: PROFILE NOT YET UPDATED Supporting evidence: -The people posting that they received a link for L3 seems roughly proportional to the numbers of PASS posts in previous years. -The people who were generally expected to pass did receive a link to L3. -A number of IT people have indicated that in their experience this is exactly the sort of thing you would generally see on these kind of mass website updates unless specific precautions are taken to hide them. -The links were taken down completely yesterday, possibly due to complaints to the institute about the fairness of releasing sensitive information in this fashion. Or possibly because the updates were complete. Either way supports the conclusion. -This is the first year that CFAI has announced a release date. It seems likely that they gave themselves Monday as a “buffer” day to make sure they had time to finalize everything, and the weekend was to be spent updating the website for the mass distribution of grades. -This is not isolated to this year. In previous years candidates were able to see the links being updated on the morning just before the exam results were posted. -A similar experience was being debated on the L3 board, with the same general conclusions. -See the numbers below provided by jaspreet. LIII link: 67 LII link: 33 Guys who saw the link and thought they would pass: 11 Guys who saw the link and thought they would fail: 1 Guys who didnt see the link and thought they would pass: 2 Guys who didnt see the link and thought they would fail: 4

Make that 68. I saw L3 link yesterday but I do not see it today.

I also saw the Link to L3 over the weekend, but it is gone now.

I like it at 67 just because that gives us a round total of 100% when you include the 33 who reported they did not see the link :slight_smile:

I could also see the Level III link

One more piece of info for the record. A friend of mine had enrolled to write the level 2 exam but did not sit for the exam, and he saw the Level 2 link.

WongSifu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > One more piece of info for the record. A friend of > mine had enrolled to write the level 2 exam but > did not sit for the exam, and he saw the Level 2 > link. With or without the check mark by Level 2 registration?

That i don’t know.

I got the level III link, and I am 80% confident that it’s not some random thing. I believe if CFAI was just testing, then they would give everyone the same link. Doesn’t make sense to give different people different links, why take the effort to give out random links without any reason? Also, the nature/content of the links made logical sense as well. I still have some doubt about my link, as I really thought that I failed the exam. I know I did pretty well in the morning session, but I didn’t think it would be well enough to pass the exam, since I did poorly inthe afternoon session. Let’s hope that the link is legit and *knock on wood* I passed.

Annoyingly, before the links were shit down I had all ticks including on CFA Level II registration, so I’m none the wiser. I’m pretty sure the Level III link thing is a significant event.

Dwight Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey guys, > > I put together this summary of the information I > gleaned from reading through the hundreds of other > posts on this topic yesterday. NOTE: this is > 100% conjecture, and we obviously won’t officially > know anything conclusive until Tuesday. I still > think it is interesting to consider the > implications, ethical and otherwise… > > The collective conclusion on AF appears to be that > a candidate was able to determine his/her > passing/failing status earlier than the results > release date by logging into the CFA website this > past weekend and clicking on “Sign up for an > exam”. Depending on the option you saw, you could > tell if you passed: > > LIII link: PASS > LII link: > (i) No tick at LII registration: FAIL > (ii) All boxes ticked: PROFILE NOT YET UPDATED > > Supporting evidence: > > -The people posting that they received a link for > L3 seems roughly proportional to the numbers of > PASS posts in previous years. > -The people who were generally expected to pass > did receive a link to L3. > -A number of IT people have indicated that in > their experience this is exactly the sort of thing > you would generally see on these kind of mass > website updates unless specific precautions are > taken to hide them. > -The links were taken down completely yesterday, > possibly due to complaints to the institute about > the fairness of releasing sensitive information in > this fashion. Or possibly because the updates > were complete. Either way supports the > conclusion. > -This is the first year that CFAI has announced a > release date. It seems likely that they gave > themselves Monday as a “buffer” day to make sure > they had time to finalize everything, and the > weekend was to be spent updating the website for > the mass distribution of grades. > -This is not isolated to this year. In previous > years candidates were able to see the links being > updated on the morning just before the exam > results were posted. > -A similar experience was being debated on the L3 > board, with the same general conclusions. > -See the numbers below provided by jaspreet. > > LIII link: 67 > LII link: 33 > > Guys who saw the link and thought they would pass: > 11 > Guys who saw the link and thought they would fail: > 1 > > Guys who didnt see the link and thought they would > pass: 2 > Guys who didnt see the link and thought they would > fail: 4 This is pathetic.

PhabPhour20 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is pathetic. Thanks for your meaningful contribution. Good luck with L2 next year.

Dwight Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > PhabPhour20 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > This is pathetic. > > > Thanks for your meaningful contribution. Good > luck with L2 next year. I might have to retake level II, that is true. But I also like to spend my time on the weekends with my friends and family, you know, hanging out, having fun. The results come out tomorrow. TOMORROW. And life goes on one way or the other. My suggestion is to get a hobby, or maybe a girlfriend. Do something other than worry about test results that are coming out in a couple of days. Please. Or maybe go into the office and get some work done, come up with a new idea, fix a problem, maybe do something that might actually benefit your life. Best of luck, PP

PhabPhour20 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My suggestion is to get a hobby, or maybe a > girlfriend. I have both. > Do something other than worry about > test results that are coming out in a couple of > days. Please. Or maybe go into the office and > get some work done, come up with a new idea, fix a > problem, maybe do something that might actually > benefit your life. Take your own advice. Criticizing someone you don’t even know who put together some coherent thoughts on an issue for debate in a public forum is senseless, baseless, a waste of time, and pathetic. I am hiding your future posts, so if you respond to this, I will not be reading your response. As you have a current post count of 10, it appears that you contributions to this forum thus far has been pretty limited anyway, so I doubt I will be missing much.

Dwight, Thanks for taking the trouble to pull this together, just like your (censored) find re MPS a while back. I had the link, and hence like your analysis, but only time will tell. Thank you for investing your time, especially if a few don’t appreciate it.

“I might have to retake level II, that is true. But I also like to spend my time on the weekends with my friends and family, you know, hanging out, having fun. The results come out tomorrow. TOMORROW. And life goes on one way or the other.” Oh get over it. He obsesses about the CFA. How does that affect you? And he probably has a girlfriend if not a wife and Im sure he’s got plenty of friends, yet finds time to obsess about the CFA. What difference does it make to you? None.

caspian Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “I might have to retake level II, that is true. > But I also like to spend my time on the weekends > with my friends and family, you know, hanging out, > having fun. The results come out tomorrow. > TOMORROW. And life goes on one way or the other.” > > Oh get over it. He obsesses about the CFA. How > does that affect you? And he probably has a > girlfriend if not a wife and Im sure he’s got > plenty of friends, yet finds time to obsess about > the CFA. What difference does it make to you? > None. It makes no difference. I just think it is sad.

we like dwight.

Thanks Dwight.

Dwight Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > PhabPhour20 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > My suggestion is to get a hobby, or maybe a > > girlfriend. > > I have both. > > > Do something other than worry about > > test results that are coming out in a couple of > > days. Please. Or maybe go into the office and > > get some work done, come up with a new idea, fix > a > > problem, maybe do something that might actually > > benefit your life. > > Take your own advice. Criticizing someone you > don’t even know who put together some coherent > thoughts on an issue for debate in a public forum > is senseless, baseless, a waste of time, and > pathetic. > > I am hiding your future posts, so if you respond > to this, I will not be reading your response. As > you have a current post count of 10, it appears > that you contributions to this forum thus far has > been pretty limited anyway, so I doubt I will be > missing much. Ooooh, you sooo got in the last word. You really think you “put together some coherent thoughts on an issue for debate?” Ha. There is no debate. This is all pathetic. Just wait until they post results.