Summary - L2 Links

jmh530 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think this thread is worthwhile b/c it will > provide an easy way to see how everything turned > out tomorrow, so you can test if the link had any > predictive power or not. I think we will know pretty much right away whether it was indicative or not. jaspreet I don’t even think we will have to check your list because if the link was wrong, we are likely going to see a few threads titled something similar to : “GOT THE L3 LINK ON SUNDAY AND FAILED - !@$% CFAI”

PhabPhour20, you seem to be obsessed with the results a bit. Get a girlfriend, maybe?

I saw the link. I thought I was pretty sure to fail 30/70. Still think that is the case. we’ll see tomorrow.

also Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > PhabPhour20, you seem to be obsessed with the > results a bit. > Get a girlfriend, maybe? Actually getting married in a week, not sure if the fiance would be cool with me taking a girlfriend at this point. Probably have to wait a few years for that. I am not quite obsessed, pretty interested though. I do, however, realize that there is nothing I am going to do at this point. So I am quite comfortable waiting until tomorrow for the results. Cheers.

PhabPhour20 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > also Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > PhabPhour20, you seem to be obsessed with the > > results a bit. > > Get a girlfriend, maybe? > > > Actually getting married in a week, not sure if > the fiance would be cool with me taking a > girlfriend at this point. Probably have to wait a > few years for that. > > I am not quite obsessed, pretty interested though. > I do, however, realize that there is nothing I am > going to do at this point. So I am quite > comfortable waiting until tomorrow for the > results. > > Cheers. Are you also one of these value investors, who believes in not looking at stock prices on a day to day basis? I think a lot of people who do what we do are very career minded people. Can we change anything we do? No not really, but I’m not some hippie, tracking performance is something I do. This can’t really be extrapolated to how extensive your social life is.

Did anyone try calling CFAI this morning? I sat on hold for 15 min and didnt get through before I had to go. For the list above, I also saw the LIII registration link yesterday.

the data populated is biased though. People would have the incentive to post that they have the L3 link as to having L2 link unchanged. hence, it would seem more people on here passed than failed. cannot draw conclusion until tmrw.

anyone think CFA will now scramble to pass a few from the level 2 link so as to make completely transparent attempt at claiming this had no significance??? . and of course, it might have no significance, but that would manifest itself in these links being quite random, not on a few being wrong.

westbruin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > anyone think CFA will now scramble to pass a few > from the level 2 link so as to make completely > transparent attempt at claiming this had no > significance??? Or raise the MPS accomplishing the same thing… *shudders*

jaspreet Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > have been really free it seems but the detail of > the ids who have seen the link and who havent is > as follows. would be interesting to see the > results tomorrow. > > Saw Link > AFJunkie999 > Aimee > also > Bankin’ > bhaiyyu > black swan > Blkmoon > brentwu > buddha > Budfox427 > Busprof > cfa b’more > CFA France > cfa87 > CFA-CT > cfadevil06 > cfasf1 > chadtrap > confusedbycfa > dirtydirty > doworkson > Dsylexic > Dwight > FRM2cfa > fxl > has > hksteven > Ilvino > Infinitemav > jasonindc > jmh530 > joe candidate > jonny rev > jpm351 > kabhii > keat1979 > kg34 > kupo > LICandidate > Locfa > Longoncfa > Macroguy > marek_wwa > mark@dirtbags > Mark4124 > Mcleod81 > Mister Fridge > monki > Motoloco > mumukada > mwvt9 > nanirina > netjade > nosurrender > Oagra > perovic18 > redraider2002 > Robb > rwk > sbugrad89 > skin629 > sloiuscar > Smarshy > tanh > titi26 > tkchunk > vanz1212 > Wanderingcfa > westbruin > wyantjs > wzupdok > YeahYeah > > No link > abhi17277 > airstab > babbott2 > bannisja > bos_it_guy > bradleyz > cfaboston28 > danhop21 > devsathe > dinesh.sundrani > dotslash > eddieblue > edmundlord > eljefe > enchantingrose > eros519 > flyingcfa > GMofDen > green8 > greenspan > iim_cfa > jalmy8 > jaspreet > jca > kumar_cfa > Latincfa > lola > man@hk > mdecav > melmos > moregreat > orangeyt > pimpineasy > sabdullah1979 > tyrisclean Looking at the people who saw the L3 links, most of them were the main contributors and the ones I would have banked on passing. The fact that those are the ones that saw the L3 link makes me have great certainty that the link does mean something and that these people who saw it have definitely passed. I’m just going to say congrats to you guys and I knew you guys would pull it through. Thanks for all the information and help you provided on the forums. I didn’t have a chance to see the link this weekend but I’m already assuming I’ll be here for 2009 exam. Hopefully I can contribute more to the forums the second time around…

A few of those no link names make no sense, I’m pulling for you guys.

doworkson Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > A few of those no link names make no sense, I’m > pulling for you guys. completely agree. that is why i don’ think anything is definite.

honestly dwight - your post was the most systematic analysis of this link issue, which is all we can ask for. For those folks that think this is pure speculation, just skip the darn thread instead of taking potshots at some person you dont even know. I hope everyone passes come tomorrow…and for those that dont make it, relax and do better next time…its just a test after all.

Yea - thanks for gathering this. The high ‘pass’ rate is a little suspicious, even if AF’ers are SOOOO smart.

westbruin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > anyone think CFA will now scramble to pass a few > from the level 2 link so as to make completely > transparent attempt at claiming this had no > significance??? . and of course, it might > have no significance, but that would manifest > itself in these links being quite random, not on a > few being wrong. LOL u see what the CFAI is doing to us …we are all so paranoid…its funny how bummed out i am over this thing …never realized how big the CFA exams had gotten in my life

From last years results (credit to the ponpon for finding): http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,595742,596485#msg-596485

thank you dwight for all the analysis. I know myself and many others really appreciate your postings. btw, I’m rooting for everyone tomorrow, I just think that the ones that saw the link passed 100%. The ones that did not see the link could either have passed or not.

You forgot about the checkmark. Can happen that several profiles had not been updated (checkmark and level 2 reg).

JCA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You forgot about the checkmark. Can happen that > several profiles had not been updated (checkmark > and level 2 reg). Where does this checkmark in the Level II registration box imply a profile has not been updated theory come from? Does this have a reasonable basis?

I wish I could say I belong in the first list but your data is a bit off. I actually did NOT have a link and lost my checkmark. I really, really wish I could say otherwise but looks like I will be hanging here another year.