Super Bowl XLVIII discussion

ZZZzzzzzzz

Me too. Headed downstairs and played pool.

That right there? That was an ass beating.

Hawks have all the makings of a dynasty waiting to happen. Top coaching, a young star QB, brutal defense, solid running game, etc. This is just the beginning.

You can’t tell me that was a real fair game. Football is becoming an entertainment specacle like wrestling.

Looked like a NFL team vs. a college team last night

Well Peyton solidified his rep of being a big game choker. Now I know that the 8 one and dones weren’t a fluke. The guy just can’t perform under pressure.

With 2 minutes to go, down by 6 in the big game… I would never bet on Peyton. Brady would be choice 1 and Eli would be before Peyton.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/mark-cuban-punks-twitter-followers-says-he-won-20-million-on-super-bowl-safety/

Anyone who said Peyton choked don’t know what they are talking about. It is a fact that defense wins games because offense is so skilled driven can be easily disrupted if QB is not in the zone. Take a look at winners/unforced errors for a Grand Slam final and you will see how much worse all top players perform when in a regular game. Pressure always affect a skill based aspect of the game. I don’t think any other QB on his place would do better.

Seems like you need to look up the meaning of ‘choking’.

Suck it Donks.

Well if Peyton could move/scramble they wouldn’t have brought so much pressure. I would argue there is a handful of quarterbacks that would have done better. The Broncos are a heavy pass offense, with a QB who can’t scramble and no running back worth being scared about. They brought the pressure to disrupt the one part of their game that’s actually worth while. I haven’t seen a team get this bad a whooping since the Bucs made the Raiders look like complete trash.

+1

Manning certainly didn’t play well, but that was a total team collapse. Protection was horrible, defense couldn’t stop an average offense, receivers couldn’t get separation and could only make a catch if they were coming back toward Manning, and special teams were horrible (they gave up a TD on a squibb kick for Christ’s sake).

That was the most bizzare part of the game. How do you come out after half and blow coverage on a pooch kick?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-happens-super-bowl-shirts-211100398.html

I had the same questions too but looked like they were kicking into a 20-25 mph wind, which probably made the squib less effective than it otherwise would have been. Still, the poor coverage and tackling were just inexcuable. Just…wow

I was able to get a hold of the 19-0 Patriots shirt (thanks eBay) and wore it along with a Giants hat to a game at the Meadowlands the year after. The erroneous shirt seemed to be a real hit among the Giants fans. I’d never been invited to so many tailgates with random people I’d passed en route to the game.

In defense of Peyton Manning, he chokes when it counts every year except one season, so nothing new to see here. If anything, he’s making progress since he didn’t collapse in the first playoff game like usual.

I don’t think Lynch will last a few more years.

Hawks made a lot of QBs look bad this year, including Drew Brees twice.