TAKE THAT CFAI!!!

I had my worst score on that one. I really thought one of the questions was worded in a very confusing way, but it may have been my misunderstanding.

Mcleod, awesome job…hopefully CFAI does not see this and change the exam at the last minute, since no one has ever gotten a perfect score on any level of the CFA exam.

ng30 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dude you beat me by one q. Got 93 last nightbut 76 > on 2 so I guess we are even. Got lucky on the > covariance one though. NICE JOB ng30! There were some tricky questions, but nothing that’s not in the books (ie yield beta question, different 2-bond hedge question, etc). It took some re-working of the beta / covariance equation to convince myself about the covariance question. Confidence and focus are key with this thing. Definitely helps the confidence (and feels damn good) to rock one of these sample exams pre-test.

Same thing happened to me McLeod. Scored a 63 on Sample 2 and fought back with a 93% 2 wrong. You one upped me man!!!

Even though you just missed the real deal, I’m sure you were the first score to round to 100! You the man. Edit, even after looking at CFAI and Schweser I didn’t get how to calc that covariance question. But of course Schweser said, “The odds of this being tested are very low. I wouldn’t spend time memorizing this formula.”

***SPOILER*** I used: Beta1*Beta2*Market Variance 1.2*0.9*0.0225 -Market 1 and Market 2 don’t have exposure to the bond market, so no need to consider bond market exposure. -Global Equity Variance = its covariance with itself.

ValueAddict Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Same thing happened to me McLeod. Scored a 63 on > Sample 2 and fought back with a 93% 2 wrong. You > one upped me man!!! NICE ValueAddict! Time to dominate this fucking test.

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ***SPOILER*** > > > > I used: > > Beta1*Beta2*Market Variance > > 1.2*0.9*0.0225 > > -Market 1 and Market 2 don’t have exposure to the > bond market, so no need to consider bond market > exposure. > -Global Equity Variance = its covariance with > itself. Thanks, just memorized that formula last night for the Singer-Tahardyharhar model. This is much more concise than the actual formula for this problem, but like you said there was no bond exposure so it simplifies…not that I’d even realize that now.