Tears over Mock Exam #1

How is it possible to get 53% after studying so hard for so long? Anyone else going through this? I can’t believe I did so badly. Any words of advice out there? I see a long thread on Sample exams scores, is there a thread on the Mock Exam scores? Thanks.

Dude, don’t sweat it. The first one was tough (got a 68%). Take the second exam and you’ll do better as that one has less obscure topic areas (got an 80%). I was about to jump out of a window while taking the first exam cause it was really not testing on the most common areas. In the end, its all about what your total score is, not just half an exam. Stay strong! Rgds Chris

I just got a 56% on of the schweser practice exams. I’ve been studying like an animal for 5 months now

http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,738888,page=2

There has been a lot of talk around here on this exact subject. Many of us have been disappointed by the Mock 1 and Sample 2 scores. Hopefully it identified some weak areas. Work on those areas and then try Mock 2 in a day or two. Keep your chin up, you are not alone.

ur not alone bro. ive been studying since october and just got my ass handed to me on the 2006 exam in volume 2 confidence is low

I don’t think smokin’hot is a dude. Am I right, smokin’hot?

Yea I did poorly on the 20006 CFAI exam too, lowest of all my scores (64%). I found mock 1 easier and did alot better (but this was the mock without ECON, so it might have been the easier one). I;m taking mock 2 today (the one with econ in it)…*cross fingers*

No, I’m not a dude, I’m a smokin’ hot mamma. But a sad smokin’hot mamma today. Thanks for the words of encouragement to all, I’m buckling down again and looking at some of my weak areas- I thought I had time series nailed and I got a 33.3%, so that’s first.

So now I want to see a picture of you. Does it sound like I’m hitting on you? Just post the picture. No one else will see it, only me. I swear.

Smarshy, your posts always have some kind of deviant twist to them. You put a smile on my face, that’s awesome. If you take the exam in Westchester, look for the hot brunette, 5’5’, 105 lbs- the one sweating bullets, that’s me.

I did poorly too…my computer froze up on 3 questions before I could put an answer in and it would not let me go back…so assuming I give myself them since they were easy computations…that gives me a 65.

I’m getting bent over by mock 1 right now.

Smokin’hot, it seems we have a little something here. Problem is, I’m a full foot taller than you. That makes dancing to “stairway to heaven” kind of awkward. Westchester Country? Nice neck of the woods. I grew up nearby.

smokin’hot Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Smarshy, your posts always have some kind of > deviant twist to them. You put a smile on my > face, that’s awesome. > If you take the exam in Westchester, look for the > hot brunette, 5’5’, 105 lbs- the one sweating > bullets, that’s me. See you there. (I’m the hot 6’ foot tall dude old enough to be father to some of the level I candidates!). I took level I in Westchester… and seriously, you’ll be easy to spot.

Dude Plyon you’re blocking me. First you take my town, then my girl?

At least smokin’hot will let me take level II again next year!

Plyon, seriously, I bet you will spot me right away, I wrote in Westchester last year too and it’s not that big. If I see you I’ll be sure to say hi to the peepaw. Just look for the girl that looks like the one from the cover of the Schweser book.

…picture please.

smokin’hot Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just look for the girl that looks like the one > from the cover of the Schweser book. Asian? That helps… however, I’m not likely to approach every good looking asian woman who walks in the test center and ask each one if she is smokin’ hot! (Would be good for laughs, however…)