The CFA exam & physical/ physiological changes

I did the test with the lower buttons of my shirt opened. My belly “improved” a lot

These posts should should be sad but I’m enjoying reading them … Hahaha… One must be crazy to take this test

The staff that CFA test does to us :’)

Ahh, thats cute. I remember the first time I took L2, I worked out out, ate healthy and still managed to hang out with friends. Sure, if I fail, who cares… I can always take it again.

Young grasshopper, time stands still for no one. You will find that out the hard way next year after you fail L2 again because you are “mentally stable” and only put in the amount of effort with which you are comfortable and refuse to give up sociallizing, working out, 5 balanced meals/snacks and 2 protein shakes a day.

In bizzaro world however, I have also gained disgusting belly fat and love handles. No acne fortunately, but I am really hoping the hair loss is only temporary and I found a hair in my EAR! to boot. Sigh. I really hope I passed this time.

Had the zombie effect and stil trying to reduce the extreme caffeine addiction that I have caught.

I dropped about 12 pounds due to skipping meals and caffeine. I felt like I existed on some alternate plane of existence for the final two weeks of going at 110%. But ever since the exam, I can barely stay awake and want to sleep 10 hours a day.

I still can’t decide whether the CFA program is really that difficult or it simply attracts crazier than normal people (or both)!

I agree with cipherap15.

I have always been a runner. Every year starting around January or so I would gradually cut down my running and increase my consumption of fast food in order to give myself more time to study. Every year in April/May I would complain about experiencing different symptoms (similar to this post). The symptoms would eventually get better after the test. Here’s one of my posts from exactly two years ago: http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-iii-forum/91313656

After the 2012 test, I got back into shape, increased my running and by Sept/Oct 2012 I felt great. In fact, I was expecting to run the 2012 NYC marathon and had hopes of beating my goal of 3:45. Of course the marathon was cancelled in 2012 due to Superstorm Sandy.

In 2013, I went through the same cycle. I gradually cut back my running and ate more fast-food. I put everything into the test, and sacrificed my heath due to the lack of exercise, unhealthy eating, and stress. After the 2013 test I figured I would bounce back into shape again. For some reason, I was more sluggish than I recalled in previous years. I remember being dizzy on two occasions in late June/ early July of 2013. I attributed these feelings to being a year older and figured I would get through it fairly quickly. However my plans were cut short in mid-July 2014 when I suddenly collapsed on a treadmill at a local gym and had to be rushed to the hospital with a major health issue.

Taking on the CFA tests is a decision I made that comes with stress and sacrifice. Assuming I was not willing to give up on the tests, I should have done a few things differently. Obviously unhealthy eating and lack of exercise are poor choices I made. But just as important, I should have been more dilligent about checking up on little symptoms. In my case, that might have prevented this from escalating into a life threatening situation

Looking back, there is no way to determine if I had followed up with the doctor that this health issue would been prevented. There’s no way to determine that the stress from the test caused my health issue. At this point it’s impossible to play through the different scenarios. I’m sharing this story with you because from my perspective: If someone had told me last year at this time that the symptoms might be a warning that I have less than a month to live, I probably would have been more vigilant about getting checked out. This is why I suggest you get yourself checked out and do not ignore your symptoms.

My nails are finally growing again.

+1 for Zombification and weight gain.

I put on 5kg since January, and frankly the bike hurts the places other soprts just don’t reach. I am slowly starting to feel like a real human being again yesterday was the first day I really felt motivated at work to go the extra mile and solve something I couldn’t leave to the next day.