The Exam

are all of u freaking kidding? the morning session was brutal…i thought i was going to do pretty well scoring over 80 in mocks and schewser but morning was brutal and ethics was the hardest(not discusiing anything in particular) afternoon was better,just a bit i think imma score around 70-72% with poor marks in ethics :frowning: FML

I thought the morning was actually pretty easy, but the afternoon was a cold hard slap in the face, especially after the cheesesteak sandwich I had for lunch set in (I took in in Philadelphia).

Not sure what to expect-- I put in about 100 hours studying, but I have a strong background… Graduated in May with MS accounting, BS finance… Took and passed all four CPA parts this summer. So I guess I’m kinda banking on my background for level 1, haha. It’s killing me that we have to wait like 2 months to get our scores, it’s a scantron sheet. I paid way too much to be waiting that long :stuck_out_tongue:

what session in afternoon u found hard?

You are not alone:) I found the PM one easier, too.

The general difficulty of all of the questions seemed much higher than the morning session. Morning session seemed to have basic conceptual questions, afternoon session seemed to get more meaty.

My weakest area was definitely ethics. I only spent about 4 hours total studying ethics, haha. If I pass I think there will be some angry people here.

since we are talking about hardest sections, I personally found fixed income to be hardest part of both AM and PM.

lol on the contrary F.i is the only section along with FRA i beleive is saving me

When I finished the second part of the exam, the guy behind me said that he and I had a lot of different answers and that one of us will have failed the exam… interesting how he knew that… haha

I guess he quickly glanced at your answer sheet when the proctor was collecting his :-?. I don’t think there’s any chance (and enough time) for anyone to attempt looking at other’s work during the exam.

in case u dnt know the question ordering is slightly different for each candidate…like ur question 1 may be my question 10… to avoid cheating

Is it? they do have different exam booklet series though.

some find AM tough , others PM. remember you could be referring to completely different exam series.

well i think it is so…and i cant tell u why ;)…

ok. anyway trying to copy answers is a waste to effort and time… you are assuming the the other person has marked the correct choice.

I found the afternoon section easier than morning. Time wasn’t an issue for me in either session, finished in about 2 hr 15 mins which is around the same time as the mocks, but there were still a lot of questions I wasn’t sure about. Overall I found FRA and Fixed Income to be hardest. Surprisingly I also found Quants a little difficult even though I smashed it hard in the mocks.

Lol I even don’t know how I performed cheeky

May be I did good or may be I just banged up !!

Well last year this time around i took FRM L1 and now this year i have taken CFAL1.As per my analysis CFAL1 is atleast 5 times easier than FRM L1.I still remember that while taking the FRM L1 i was often wondering as what they want me to answer???Comparatively CFAL1 was quite straight forward.

Now coming to our CFAL1 exam ,i found morning to be easier then after noon.Quant was difficult in afternoon then the morning session.

I passed FRML1 last year (although i thought i won’t).This year i am sure i have given my best at CFAL1 but still i am not 100% confident that i will pass.

Any ways the paper for CFAL1 was quite easy regardless of the fact whether i pass or fail.

whats the curriculum for frm

Agreed. I actually skipped sections as well, going to the easiest section(for me) and then come back to the questions/sections that I felt could take a bit longer.

The legend says if exams are tough then MPS will be lower and vice versa.

Is this true?

CFA is not going to allow more than 38% of takers to pass the exam…regardless of the difficulty of the exam…