The most amount of ties....

Who has the most amount of ties. I have about 10. Hardly ever where a tie though.

Probably somewhere in the high 20’s.

43…but I just gave 10 or so to my father.

So how many does your father have now?

I don’t know your father, word to your mother.

10 or so.

where do you buy most of your wear Turk? I don’t need to dress too snappy yet and I am honestly not making enough to justify Harry Rosen or Henry Singer…someday…???

JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t know your father, word to your mother. Fo shizzle ma nizzle.

my office is besides holts and harry’s, so unfortunately out of laziness a lot of stuff is bought there. i try to find better places (deals) when i actually go shopping on a weekend.

somewhere in the 30s, but they’re mostly from high school where i had to wear a tie every day. also, most of them have donald duck or flashy colors on them

Nice…I buy shirts and pants for like $50-100 at HBC…don’t judge lol. Mind you much of that is after a sales discount so it isn’t as bad…but things are always on sale there! Was thinking of doing up some heuristics for value of clothing I should buy as a way to keep me in line…like say suits. What is the most (expressed in terms of days pay) you would pay for a suit…say 3 days? Maybe 4?

Turkish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > my office is besides holts and harry’s, so > unfortunately out of laziness a lot of stuff is > bought there. i try to find better places (deals) > when i actually go shopping on a weekend. Do you work in Bankers Hall?

“What is the most (expressed in terms of days pay) you would pay for a suit…say 3 days? Maybe 4?” I’m not going to answer that one. I’ll just say this, never pay retail and go bespoke as soon as you can. At 23 or 24 (unless you’re one of the last standing BSDs)…what’s the point of paying over $500 for a suit…just make sure it fits.

“Do you work in Bankers Hall?” Calgary? Come on.

Turkish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “What is the most (expressed in terms of days pay) > you would pay for a suit…say 3 days? Maybe 4?” > > I’m not going to answer that one. I’ll just say > this, never pay retail and go bespoke as soon as > you can. > > At 23 or 24 (unless you’re one of the last > standing BSDs)…what’s the point of paying over > $500 for a suit…just make sure it fits. Thanks solid advice…I think overdressing for a job is just as bad in some ways as under. I definetly am not working in a big swinging job, but as you say I have time. I have one really nice suit for big occassions other than that I sort of agree. Ali, The Turk is rocking it up hard in T-Dot.

“I think overdressing for a job is just as bad in some ways as under.” Agreed. No rocking has gone on in Toronto in a while. We are having an excellent sale on Condos, however.

Turkish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “I think overdressing for a job is just as bad in > some ways as under.” > > Agreed. > > No rocking has gone on in Toronto in a while. We > are having an excellent sale on Condos, however. Hahaha ya…I am going to try and buy in 2010 once we’ve have had a nice long brutal yr of 10%+ unemployment nationally…as long as I don’t join that statistic again…

I used to be in sales and have about 15-20 ties. After switching jobs about 2 years ago, I’ve worn a tie maybe like 10 or 20 times since then.

“Hahaha ya…I am going to try and buy in 2010 once we’ve have had a nice long brutal yr of 10%+ unemployment nationally…as long as I don’t join that statistic again…” Solid outlook.

Turkish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “Hahaha ya…I am going to try and buy in 2010 > once we’ve have had a nice long brutal yr of 10%+ > unemployment nationally…as long as I don’t join > that statistic again…” > > Solid outlook. Hope I am wrong about this… I am pretty bullish on equity markets though, going to do some levered stuff perhaps, my timeframe for recovery is extremely long…