The most amount of tries...

Failed the June '08 and Dec '08 exams. Band 8 and 10. I figured I’d do it one more time, maybe 3rd time is the charm. What is the most amount of tries it took you to pass Level 1 and still persisted to get the charter? I guess I’m looking for some motivation and inspiration :slight_smile:

I think it should be the ‘most number of tries…’ You’re welcome.

I think it should be “number of tries” since “most number of tries” is redundant. You’re welcome.

JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think it should be “number of tries” since “most > number of tries” is redundant. > > You’re welcome. Its not ‘redundant’. Its superflous. Dont mention it bud!

ALL YOUR REDUNDANT AND SUPERFLOUS ARE BELONG TO US

3 replies, no answers. wow :slight_smile:

skylinerzero Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 3 replies, no answers. wow :slight_smile: ALL YOUR ANSWERS ARE BELONG TO US

I tried Level I once.

I know a CFA charterholder who passed level 2 on the 5th attempt. The other two levels were passed on the first try.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I think it should be “number of tries” since > “most > > number of tries” is redundant. > > > > You’re welcome. > > Its not ‘redundant’. Its superflous. > > Dont mention it bud! It’s not “superflous,” it’s spelled “superfluous.” And I’m not your bud, pal.

“Most number of tries” doesn’t sound proper; it should be “highest/largest number of tries” or “most tries.”

I’m not your pal, partner.

I’m not your pal or partner, friend.

THis thread is going nowhere, fast!

This thread is going nowhere, fast, partner

This guy: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,900557,900617#msg-900617 2000: Passed LI 2001: Fail LII 2002: Fail LII 2003: Fail LII 2004: Pass LII 2005: Fail LIII 2006: Fail LIII 2007: Fail LIII I give it up to the guy. That definitely shows persistence.

I’m not your friend hombre.

I’m not your hombre, amigo.

I’m not your friend, hombre, amigo, buddy, pal, partner, bud…mate.

I’m not your mate, cuz.