The most amount of tries...

I’m not your cuz, blood.

I’m not your blood, bro.

*sigh…

I’m not your son, dad

I’m not your TheAliWoman, TheAliMan.

I’m your hijacked thread, skylinerzero.

This happened to a friend of mine. Instead of worrying about what “the most number of tries” is you should probably evaluate whether finance really is where you belong. No to be discouraging as I’m sure many people have taken more than 2x to pass level 1, but dig deep and look at the reasons you did not pass. If your grandmother got kidnapped by Al-Queda the month before the exam, or you got donkey punched in the nards on your way to the test center that “fail” is understandable. BUT… If you studied your a$$ of and still couldn’t muster a pass, I’d assume (especially after two attempts) that their is something more than just the intensity of this test that is at the root of your continued failure. After failing once you have a pretty good idea of what is this exam is all about right? Actually, YOU HAVE A VERY GOOD IDEA of what the exam is all about, not to mention a 6 month head start for the next try. So if there were no extenuating circumstances, (where there?) what to you attribute failing twice to? Rigor of the exam? Material covered? Even so, 1 year of studying should suffice to pass Level 1. I am tempted to say that it was a lack of effort due to a lack of interest in finance on your part, which is why I questioned your dedication to the field in the opening. Maybe you can provide some additional info to shed some light on your situation. Hope this Helps -fxguy

I’m not your Al-Queda, Taliban.

skylinerzero Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > *sigh… Don’t be a sigh-guy, my guy.

Don’t be a my guy my girl.

this thread is gay

I’m not your girl, bra.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > this thread is gay Don’t hate because you can’t spell superfluous, bud. Just get a dictionary.

fx, it was a nice try to restore order to an otherwise helpless thread

it was a nice try, bud

dspapo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > fx, it was a nice try to restore order to an > otherwise helpless thread Oh well… AliMan- Did you kidnap skylinerzero’s grammy the month before the exam? How rude.

skylinerzero Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Failed the June '08 and Dec '08 exams. Band 8 and > 10. I figured I’d do it one more time, maybe 3rd > time is the charm. > > What is the most amount of tries it took you to > pass Level 1 and still persisted to get the > charter? I guess I’m looking for some motivation > and inspiration :slight_smile: Ok, I’m sorry, I’ll be a little more serious. I have a friend who received his charter after failing level 1 twice and level 2 twice. His excuse was work because he was putting in 80 hours a week. If this is your situation, I’d say definitely rewrite. If this isn’t your situation, maybe you could consider an MBA. You might better suit a class environment, especially if you learn better that way. Remember, it’s just a bunch of exams and having a charter doesn’t necessarily speak to your ability to make money. That’s what it’s all about at the end of the day, right?

Definitely this is in the running for most number of tries to get an answer to a simple question. There almost certainly have been people who have tried L1 more than two times and gone on to get the charter. The record of two tries and neither pass is not terribly promising though. A fail on the first attempt can be chalked up to underestating the exam. But not nailing it the second time, when you presumably know what you’re getting into and much of the stuff is presumably review is hard to understand. Maybe you know why you weren’t able to clear that hurdle the second time around. If you think you know what it is, and have a plan to address it, then keep going. If you don’t, you may want to re-evaluate whether this process is for you. Only you can answer that for yourself, though. Good luck.

Translation: fxguy is saying you’re too dumb to pass. fxguy1234 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This happened to a friend of mine. > > Instead of worrying about what “the most number of > tries” is you should probably evaluate whether > finance really is where you belong. > > No to be discouraging as I’m sure many people have > taken more than 2x to pass level 1, but dig deep > and look at the reasons you did not pass. > > If your grandmother got kidnapped by Al-Queda the > month before the exam, or you got donkey punched > in the nards on your way to the test center that > “fail” is understandable. > > BUT… If you studied your a$$ of and still > couldn’t muster a pass, I’d assume (especially > after two attempts) that their is something more > than just the intensity of this test that is at > the root of your continued failure. > > After failing once you have a pretty good idea of > what is this exam is all about right? Actually, > YOU HAVE A VERY GOOD IDEA of what the exam is all > about, not to mention a 6 month head start for the > next try. > > So if there were no extenuating circumstances, > (where there?) what to you attribute failing twice > to? Rigor of the exam? Material covered? Even so, > 1 year of studying should suffice to pass Level > 1. > > I am tempted to say that it was a lack of effort > due to a lack of interest in finance on your part, > which is why I questioned your dedication to the > field in the opening. Maybe you can provide some > additional info to shed some light on your > situation. > > Hope this Helps > > -fxguy

topher Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Translation: fxguy is saying you’re too dumb to > pass. > > fxguy1234 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > This happened to a friend of mine. > > > > Instead of worrying about what “the most number > of > > tries” is you should probably evaluate whether > > finance really is where you belong. > > > > No to be discouraging as I’m sure many people > have > > taken more than 2x to pass level 1, but dig > deep > > and look at the reasons you did not pass. > > > > If your grandmother got kidnapped by Al-Queda > the > > month before the exam, or you got donkey > punched > > in the nards on your way to the test center > that > > “fail” is understandable. > > > > BUT… If you studied your a$$ of and still > > couldn’t muster a pass, I’d assume (especially > > after two attempts) that their is something > more > > than just the intensity of this test that is at > > the root of your continued failure. > > > > After failing once you have a pretty good idea > of > > what is this exam is all about right? Actually, > > YOU HAVE A VERY GOOD IDEA of what the exam is > all > > about, not to mention a 6 month head start for > the > > next try. > > > > So if there were no extenuating circumstances, > > (where there?) what to you attribute failing > twice > > to? Rigor of the exam? Material covered? Even > so, > > 1 year of studying should suffice to pass Level > > 1. > > > > I am tempted to say that it was a lack of > effort > > due to a lack of interest in finance on your > part, > > which is why I questioned your dedication to > the > > field in the opening. Maybe you can provide > some > > additional info to shed some light on your > > situation. > > > > Hope this Helps > > > > -fxguy Ouch. Not exactly, confused might be a better way to put it.