The most amount of tries...

just cause someone didn’t pass the exam doesn’t mean they’re not good at finance or investments. it could be they’re not good under intense pressure or just tackling exams. i give a lot of credit to retakers. until you know what it feels to get knock down and get back up, you really can’t say. i value motivation and endurance a lot more then raw smarts. i’m not implying that those who failed are dumb. what i would question is how much they love the stuff, but that’s about it.

I guess ppl can’t take a joke? And Frank, I do know what it feels like to get knocked down and get back up. At the end of the day OP, go for it again. My guess is you didn’t study enough. You need to pound 1000’s of questions, review the material, read everything, etc.

What do you think? Did you honestly give it your full effort? Most people can’t just wing it with these tests. . . so unless you are truly brilliant you have to put in the work. If you are giving 100%, consider alternative studying techniques. . . but the decision to continue really depends on how much you want it. If you really want it by all means continue. If you aren’t giving it 100% I would quit. What’s the point.

bumping the original. I add no value to this forum

One time I had to wait until the fifth date…talk about persistence. It was pretty much worth it, though. …wait, we’re talking about the CFA exams? thought this whole board went off-topic, oops

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > One time I had to wait until the fifth date…talk > about persistence. It was pretty much worth it, > though. my roommate was seeing girls on match . com (for those who may not know, match is a meat market). one night, he goes on his third date with this girl. at like 11, he comes home and says, “the date went really well… but i should have kissed her…” my other roommate and i were in shock

All that…just for a kiss? You have a very virtuous roommate – he’s got a lot more patience than I do. On another note, one of my good friends does corporate strategy for match.com. He says he’s never dated anyone on the site, but says that more people than you’d think have gotten engaged or married to someone on that site. On the whole, however, he does liken it to a more ‘upscale’ version of craigslist (not sure exactly what that means or entails). Did your roommate get any useful benefits out of their services?

he did hook up with a milf that was ~20 yrs his senior. at least he claims he did - no proof. i’d call that a benefit.

It depends what background you have. If you have trouble remembering the terminologies like what’s a working capital, what’s a duration, etc… because you’ve never encountered them before, then it’s very understandable. The only thing I knew before doing Level 1 was the P/E ratio :). It’s not worth it if it’s not worth fighting for. I can see failing twice is not far fetched! After failing three times, you should reconsider.