The Official "Calling It" Thread 2008

Pass, 70/30

50-50 - which is actually better than I hoped for before June 7th. Working full time, and finishing my MBA definitely took their toll.

bostonkev Wrote: > For example, assuming ~67% is the cutoff…need > perfect on exam if you gave it ~133%. > > This way, CFA exam grading methods are more robust > and fair, putting people who gave it their all > (more than 100%, up to ~33%) on the same footing > as those “only” gave 100%…effectively nullifying > people who “cheat” using extra effort. I think if you gave 133% you’d have a cutoff of 89% to make it comparable. A 100% cutoff would be if you gave 150%. I just couldn’t stay away. I miss the nitpicking on AF. Only 33 more days of waiting!

busprof Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Only 33 more days of waiting! … only you say?

busprof Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think if you gave 133% you’d have a cutoff of > 89% to make it comparable. A 100% cutoff would be > if you gave 150%. > > I just couldn’t stay away. I miss the nitpicking > on AF. Only 33 more days of waiting! We BOTH are NOT assuming diminishing value of marginal effort over 100% expended: 1. You: 1.33*0.67 = 0.8911 2. Me: 0.67 + 0.33 = 1.0000 Maybe the first 1% of effort expended over 100% is actually worth more than any subsequent 1%…LOL.

busprof Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just couldn’t stay away. I miss the nitpicking > on AF. Only 33 more days of waiting! I’m disappointed busprof, I was hoping you’d nitpick and make some comment about my ignoring of significant figures…

bostonkev Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > busprof Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I just couldn’t stay away. I miss the > nitpicking > > on AF. Only 33 more days of waiting! > > I’m disappointed busprof, I was hoping you’d > nitpick and make some comment about my ignoring of > significant figures… Not much on this thread (figures or t=otherwise) is significant, so neither is ignoring it/them.

PASS…knock on wood.

Borderline fail.

fail. didn’t study enough.

FAIL I thought it was going to be a breeze after the morning session which I think I could’ve hit the 80% mark… but once I started the afternoon session I ran out of gas and was slammed, might of score a 50%. I don’t think a 65% is gonna cut it.

These days I dream a weary dream that I failed and my study partner passed. I got a terrible headache on the exam day and I had to give up the last hour of each session. I couldn’t even have my lunch Right after the exam…I felt like I just failed…and no hope… and as time goes on…I’m kind of wishing… Last night in Korea…looking at the posts that L1ers passing, failing…I totally losing my confidence… I can’t wait until 19th.

Time to man up and make the call… 60/40 pass If it don’t make it, it will be due to ethics.

PASS Feel the same about level I, which was also a toss up.

DON’T KNOW - I have 50-70 in quant, econ and Portfolio Management and <50 in FI only, >70 in FSA, Equity, Corp Finance, Ethics and Derivatives So its a rat race, just depends on where the MPS is at…

51/49 Pretty sure I got a 65%-67% based on what we put together earlier. I’m hoping for one of those 60% pass rate years.