The Tube Finally Arrived

It came in the mail today. Hopefully, all of the other new CFAs out there will get theirs soon.

Damn, my charter was awarded in early September and still haven’t gotten mine. Good to hear they are finally going out.

I’m getting my charter tonight at a dinner the local chapter is sponsoring. Can’t wait to see it after all the long years of studying…

Congrats. I got mine about a month ago but haven’t framed it. It is kinda big. . . . . . . . . . That’s what she said.

I actually have 2 tubes. Got one at the CFA charter ceremony and apparently CFAI decided to mail me an additional one.

wanderingcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I actually have 2 tubes. > > Got one at the CFA charter ceremony and apparently > CFAI decided to mail me an additional one. That’s funny. I didn’t expect such inefficiency from CFAI. I’m still waiting for mine.

I received 2 also…

After all the time/effort, are you planning on taking a picture and putting it in your wallet next to pics of the family? I know I spent more time w/ the books and formulas for levels 1/2 than I did w/ the GF.

wow. it wasn’t a mistake. they sent me one too. how can i frame this thing and find a wall that’s big enough to make this look less ridiculous?

Mine arrived as well. Does anyone know where to get a nice frame

Got mine on Wednesday evening and another came in the mail today. I figure this is the institute’s way of making-up to me for the horrendous 2007 experience of the failed level 2 exam. CFASF1 - Hope all is well. McLeod81 was at my local society for presentation of his charter. Great to meet the legend in person.

Got mine this past week. Got to get it framed but want the frame to match my college degree, which my mother put into a very bland looking grey frame about 2 days after I got back from college (6 years ago). I got a mailing a while back at work for some company that was advertising financial certificate frames. They had this frame for taking the series 7, which we all kind of laughed at.

Also, I gotta agree that McLeod is a pretty sharp guy. I didn’t really post too much but when I posted a question, that guy always seemed to have an answer. Is he makin’ the big bucks these days?

FastEd Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Got mine on Wednesday evening and another came in > the mail today. I figure this is the institute’s > way of making-up to me for the horrendous 2007 > experience of the failed level 2 exam. > > CFASF1 - Hope all is well. McLeod81 was at my > local society for presentation of his charter. > Great to meet the legend in person. Hey FastEd… Good to hear from you. Things are well over here. Hope all is well with you too. Yeah. I skipped the event. Strangely they held it during market hours… Does Mcleod resemble yoda in person and blurt out formulas in mid-sentence? I would have failed the afternoon fixed income session if it wasn’t for him getting me paranoid enough to actually learn the two bond hedge problems.

wanderingcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I actually have 2 tubes. > > Got one at the CFA charter ceremony and apparently > CFAI decided to mail me an additional one. Me too

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey FastEd… Good to hear from you. Things are well over here. Hope all is well with you too. Yeah. I skipped the event. Strangely they held it during market hours… Does Mcleod resemble yoda in person and blurt out formulas in mid-sentence? I would have failed the afternoon fixed income session if it wasn’t for him getting me paranoid enough to actually learn the two bond hedge problems. That’s so weird they held the event during market hours. Ours was in the evening at a nice hotel with a non-stop parade of people bringing food around for a long time. After this event and the christmas party for work, I’m now 1 full notch over on my belt from a month ago. It’s time to lose the CFA 10-15 pounds I put on during this process. McLeod is a great guy. Very enjoyable to talk to. There is no doubt his command of the topic’s was “yoda-like.”

wanderingcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I actually have 2 tubes. > > Got one at the CFA charter ceremony and apparently > CFAI decided to mail me an additional one. Just got charter number two also.

Just got my one and only charter this weekend. That’ll be plenty for me. It feels odd to not be preparing to study all spring…and I couldn’t be happier about it.

#2 arrived

i feel inferior. i need another tube.