The Tube Finally Arrived

Glad i only received one. It is so enormous that it already takes up enough space in the bottom of my closet.

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i feel inferior. i need another tube. If you received two charters, it means that your testrac status has been updated to “completed level 3.” This is a data download that happens 2 times per year. It also means that you passed the exam. If you did not receive another charter, I’d be very concerned right now as to whether or not you will have to register for next year’s exam…be afraid, very afraid. But if your registration check box is filled-in, you might, and I stress might, be okay.

i’m screwed

#2 here… My score was so nice, they sent it twice! plyon, CFA, CFA

finally came and its getting framed, woof woof congrats to all the rest of you charterholders

The local chapter told me they are also sending them by mail. So I have two as well. One for the safe, one for the wall. Congratulations, people! There was a number of level 1 candidates that I teamed up with here two years ago and I am the only one to have made it in the set period… with you guys! Cool.

mcpass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The local chapter told me they are also sending > them by mail. So I have two as well. > > One for the safe, one for the wall. > > > Congratulations, people! There was a number of > level 1 candidates that I teamed up with here two > years ago and I am the only one to have made it in > the set period… with you guys! Cool. mcpass is the greatest closer of all time! He could go from mediocre practice test scores to passing in like a week and a half. He is a gamer.

mwvt9 Wrote: > > mcpass is the greatest closer of all time! He > could go from mediocre practice test scores to > passing in like a week and a half. > > He is a gamer. Yes. He is Mr. June.

May is overrated.

Congrats everyone on Tube Arrival! It was a banner day in the Draper household to be sure.

:slight_smile: LoL :slight_smile: I too feel the same way :slight_smile: These CFAI guyz are crazy, printing this monster … and not caring for enviornment at all , printing 2 of them… I wish to complain about them in Copenhegan summit… I have also asked them to send me a pdf/scanned copy, as I could not scan it, even at A3 size… let’s see if they respond anything interesting, other than normal clerical b**s*** cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i feel inferior. i need another tube.

rajiv75 Wrote: > > I have also asked them to send me a pdf/scanned > copy, as I could not scan it, even at A3 size… > let’s see if they respond anything interesting, > other than normal clerical b**s*** > C’mon… you couldn’t take it to your local copy shop and pay for a scan yourself? This is what I will probably do so I can hang one of reasonable size in my home office (nowhere to post it on the trading desk at work).

Stupid question, but does anyone have the exact dimensions for that thing? Wanted to go look for a frame and don’t want to carry the tube around with me. Thx,

@crablegs: I think the charter is 22 x 17 (at least the one I received that has somebody else’s name on is 22 x 17. I measured it to make sure).

Cool Angbuh, thank you for looking into this. On my way to the frame store tonight! To be frank, I am a bit surprised about everyone ‘complaining’ about the size of that charter. I am so freaking happy this thing is not the size of a business card. I could actually had it even bigger! 4.5 yrs for a piece of paper… rather be big! My X-mass gift is to find the most expensive frame I can find!

The guy at the Frame store advised me not to put a mat in the frame because the document was large. His argument was it would be so big with a mat that it might look slightly odd. I went with an black frame with sort of antique carved look and no mat. Did anyone else decide to go sans mat? How did it look?

LordJeffrey Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The guy at the Frame store advised me not to put a > mat in the frame because the document was large. > His argument was it would be so big with a mat > that it might look slightly odd. I went with an > black frame with sort of antique carved look and > no mat. Did anyone else decide to go sans mat? > How did it look? I just drove through a snow storm to go get my framed charter with 3 mats…white, black, and a red color that matches the seal. It is a very large item, but I’m extremely happy with how it turned out. My recommendation is to get some mats.

No mats, looks awesome!

crablegs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Cool Angbuh, thank you for looking into this. On > my way to the frame store tonight! > > To be frank, I am a bit surprised about everyone > ‘complaining’ about the size of that charter. I am > so freaking happy this thing is not the size of a > business card. I could actually had it even > bigger! 4.5 yrs for a piece of paper… rather be > big! > > My X-mass gift is to find the most expensive frame > I can find! For expensive frames I would choose a) hand-carved frame with hand-applied golf leaf b) preservation dry-mounting c) hand-made paper mats d) museum grade presentation glass Could easily run you in excess of $1,500 Personally, I choose a few notches down.

I went with a plain black frame and no mat. I think it looks nice. I suppose this is just a matter of taste, how much wall space you have, and what it’s competing with on your wall.