The ultimate challenge

the only carryover from Level 1 FSA is making various adjustments to the BS and IS. That’s it. Rest is new.

Gonna have to go ahead and completely agree with Black Swan.

Hahaha… well people say “nothing’s impossible.” But I would love to see if that theory holds for this case. So far, we have a bit less than 18 days including today, if you put 12 to 15 hours a day, it’s about 216 to 270 hours plus whatever he/she already had. Good luck and let us know in late August.

Not sure what situation you are in but for me, time with friends and family is the most important things to me. Vacation days help that cause. I would start studying now for June 2009 and save your vacation and enjoy yourself. Unless you are Rain Man I don’t think it can be done in that short a time period.

Rohit, “Difficult” is a relative term; relative to your familiarity with subject material, intelligence, retention capability, and drive. Not necessarily in that order. I do not speak with experience since I have never attempted L2 before. However it would not be a stretch of imagination that a person can successfully scale L2 in <20 days. I wish you all the best in your endeavours and do keep us updated on the progress. Cheers, Sarthak. Remember: “Heights of great men, reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight. For they while the others slept, were toiling upwards in the night”. -Anon.

keep reaching for those stars. you can do anything if you put your mind to it. wtf.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ok, I can’t hold it back any longer, this is > retarded and all you clowns that p#ssed away the > past couple months thinking this is level 1 are > f#cking retarded as well. I love how god damn > morons who haven’t even gone through the harder > half of the material always tell each other what > is and isn’t possible like they have any clue then > turn around and ask what secret sauce is. I > thought this was the LI’ers trying to get me back > at first and I hope it is cause this is just > rediculous. HAHA - nice.

sarthak Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Remember: “Heights of great men, reached and kept, > were not attained by sudden flight. For they while > the others slept, were toiling upwards in the > night”. -Anon. Sarthak, maybe you were too busy smoking reefer with your other heeby jeeby stoner friends or whatever else it is you apparently do besides study or makes sense, but I believe that quote pretty clearly supports my argument, of the long struggle necessary to pass this exam rather than your sentimental garbage. The last line is especially well suited to what you and your buds were doing while Zims, Pink, Dinesh, Jalmy and I were pounding out problems until 5am this last weekend.

Black Swan - Last week somehow dozed of at 9.00 AM and woke up at 11.00 AM and lost my valuable 2 hrs in sleep. I am not going to be able to study on weekdays, but yea, next weekend is again going to be all mine. Memorial day is the last day of the apartment lease and would be shifting homes to some new apt (with no internet) and my memorial day with those packers and movers! … well SUCH IS LIFE!

No prob, I found out today I have Friday’s off, which is a godsend

Black swan, Get a life… I shall not waste precious time typing out a rebuttal. Good Luck.

Update: Sessions completed 5.33/18: 1,9,10,11,16 12(Reading 46 only) Starting with Quantitative Methods (SS 3) and Economics (SS 4) simultaneously now. I know guys the challenge is huge but look at the other side. If I do not complete Level 2 now the next shot I get at it is next year…where I can be doing my last and final level for the CFA…! If I don’t clear I will feel bad for not being able to pass and loosing my vacation but this time around work did not permit me anytime for studies. I can see that happening next time around too. But even if I fail I shuld be done with a good amount f material for 2009.

dinesh.sundrani Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Last week somehow dozed of at 9.00 AM > and woke up at 11.00 AM and lost my valuable 2 hrs > in sleep. > > I am not going to be able to study on weekdays, > but yea, next weekend is again going to be all > mine. Memorial day is the last day of the > apartment lease and would be shifting homes to > some new apt (with no internet) and my memorial > day with those packers and movers! … well SUCH > IS LIFE! Sleep is sooooooooooo overrated. Save it up for the three days before the exam. tip on the moving - I just moved a month ago and have left almost half of my stuff in the boxes because there’s no way I could focus on the studying while trying to ‘settle in.’

yep same, i moved this past weekend, just moved the basics. everything is sitting in boxes in the basement

sleep when you’re dead

mar350, Black Swan - how did you all work out the internet?? Comcast/Verison said it would take 10 days to setup a new connection to my new home. I am moving on 26-27 of this month and noway I can wait till 7 to take my CFAI free mock exam. :-((( Please advice me guys. Only thing now is to take the test from office, which I don’t want to.

Hit up a library or something like that dinesh.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ok, I can’t hold it back any longer, this is > retarded and all you clowns that p#ssed away the > past couple months thinking this is level 1 are > f#cking retarded as well. I love how god damn > morons who haven’t even gone through the harder > half of the material always tell each other what > is and isn’t possible like they have any clue then > turn around and ask what secret sauce is. I > thought this was the LI’ers trying to get me back > at first and I hope it is cause this is just > rediculous. Well… I guess I would be the moron who doesn’t know what secret sauce is. You’re right Black Swan… I haven’t gone through the material yet. And I’m sorry you have to bust your hump so hard while people make light of this stuff. It must be hard being you especially since there might be a few “morons” who actually have had a life outside the CFA that just might pass… and at the end of the day… they’ll have the same “PASS” on their results as you will. That’s gotta be annoying… here you are busting your ass off and barely making the grade, while these chumps are going out, having a good time, putting in some decent effort at the last minute, and coming out ahead of you. I’d be pissed off, too. I’ll try not to make claims about what is or is not possible in the future… as you’re right… I don’t know, and so who am I to try to stay optimistic or allow others to be. There’s no place for that on AF! And as for the secret sauce stuff… sorry… I try to just stick to the main study notes and the Qbank… and learn the stuff. I’m not up on all the wonderful prep material, classes, workshops, etc out there that can give me the extra edge. It might be hard for you to believe, since it seems you eat, drink, breathe CFA and must be looking for any edge out there, but for some people just going through the material, doing the problems, and learning the stuff is enough… or they fail and figure they need to know their stuff better the next time around.

Thanks mwvt9 - I will have to do that only since there is no other way out. But the crappy NYPL library has odd closing hrs … guess what simetimes they close at 5.00 PM … I mean watta heck? That’s when the misery ends and the CFA world begins right? Let’s hope a miracle occurs on 7th - it being my lucky number.

Dinesh, take it on your iPhone, that could be fun. On a serious note, I’ll email you my username and password so you can log onto a tmobile hotspot (starbucks) and do it there if you want, I still have no net I’ve been doing everything from starbucks or my phone. Just let me know what days you plan to do exams so I done try to log on and mess up your connection although the CFA exams do pause the tests if that happens. As far as you guys that think 2 weeks is even a remote possibility I can say based on past observations of similar cases you have about 5% odds and ripping on the regulars for not having a life will get you nowhere each of us here has made tremendous sacrifices through real hardships so the get a life card gets you nowhere here.