Things to do while unemployed

akanska Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There is a HUGE market. My sis is a teacher and > pulls in 68k. Where does your sister teach? The salaries where I live come nowhere near that, even with 15 years exp.

girl hey, girls can look

^ 99% of the forum just fell in love

akanska Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > purealpha Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Reminds me of college, we had this guy from > France > > in our international business class, we were > > discussing the cultural differences and he > raised > > his hand and said Americans live to work and > the > > Europeans work to live. Everyone hated him > then, > > of course. > > > > People in this country base huge decisions on > how > > they will live their life based on what looks > good > > on a resume, sleep with their blackberries, > skip > > vacations, it is really a sickness. > > > > The thing that really will blow your mind is if > > you think about how this country started out, a > > bunch of free thinking innovative > entrepreneurial > > rebels who wouldn’t do what anyone told them > > (remember life liberty and the pursuit of > > happiness, umm that inalienable rights of man > > stuff)…and ended up just the opposite. > > > I agree with part of what you say, but wasn’t > America settled by puritans who believed in a > humble and hardworking ascetic lifestyle since > eternity in heaven was the real goal?? but they were technically british until the revolution :wink:

hezagenius Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > akanska Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > There is a HUGE market. My sis is a teacher > and > > pulls in 68k. > > Where does your sister teach? The salaries where > I live come nowhere near that, even with 15 years > exp. In British Columbia you could pull in more then 80k a year with your background, but thats with some senority. Id actually consider teaching finance/math in university/community college if i were you.

janedoe Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Same sentiment as stokey99: young, single, no > major obligations except for making sure the trash > is taken out and the rent is paid before I go. In > a sense, carpe diem. Except I’m not looking to > hook up with any girls who have left their > inhibitions behind in their home country. Yet. you just let me know when and ill be happy to join the party

hezagenius Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > akanska Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > There is a HUGE market. My sis is a teacher > and > > pulls in 68k. > > Where does your sister teach? The salaries where > I live come nowhere near that, even with 15 years > exp. In the ghetto; she has about 8 years under her belt.

janedoe Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > girl > > hey, girls can look I’m tall, athletic, handsome, and I make a stable salary. Would you like to get married?

I took time off to trave before and while it didn’t help me, it certainly didn’t hurt me. I think if you explain to them that it’s something you’ve always wanted to do and didn’t have other commitments (kids, etc) and you make the point of saying it’s over with, your traveling will now be during vacation time, they should be fine with it. http://www.thirteenmonths.com/ might make you think otherwise…plus, we have the rest of our lives to work

i’m poor, got loads of student loans to pay off, unstable, live a sedentary life, and look like a troll. does the offer still stand aliman?

For a few nights why not heh heh… One can always use a bag if looks are an issue.

janedoe Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i’m poor, got loads of student loans to pay off, > unstable, live a sedentary life, and look like a > troll. does the offer still stand aliman? ok im out. after careful consideration of the project i have to reject it on the basis of a negative NPV. While i can live with the leverage of the student loans, the troll aspect commands too high a risk premium.

snore