Those who passed level I

We’re now hanging out with the cool kids…

Yes, but does it mean we’ve graduated from pre-school (i.e. chasing the ball around the playground) to the big-boys school (i.e. the pain and suffering of level II compared to the easier - relevatively speaking - level I).

Congratulations guys enjoy your evening…I hate to say it but L2 seems like no mans land,some serious drudge and hours studying dull material required to get over the hill, before even the remotest hint of coolness becomes evident!

Not talking dificulty, but I think Level 2 is interesting for those who want to learn the material more deeply. Level 1 is basically learning the fundamentals, where Level 2 dives deeper into the skills needed to value investments and deterimine what to buy. For example, Level 1 may have 10 valuation models and much info about the acutal basic workings of the securities, where Level 2 may be over a 100 valuation models that build on each other and then teach you how to adjust those to an ad hoc model to meet the needs of your analysis. Level 2 still gives additional detail on types of investments such as; Credit Default Swaps, Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds, Mortgage and Asset Backed Fixed Secutities, Futures and Forward Contracts, Currency Exchange etc. It will assume you understand the characteristics of Standard Equities, Standard Fixed Income etc. Also, Econ focuses more on Global Economic Growth and Currencies, but not the Supply/Demand theories as much. Good luck to all, hope to see some quality posts/questions along the way.

shut up

Thank you for your responses (Except the BC guy). Is the overall structure of the study plan similar to Level I, or do you advise extra focus one of reading/Schweser/EOC questions/Qbank? perdition Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Congratulations guys enjoy your evening…I hate to > say it but L2 seems like no mans land,some > serious drudge and hours studying dull material > required to get over the hill, before even the > remotest hint of coolness becomes evident! Investor83 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Not talking dificulty, but I think Level 2 is > interesting for those who want to learn the > material more deeply. Level 1 is basically > learning the fundamentals, where Level 2 dives > deeper into the skills needed to value investments > and deterimine what to buy. >

I don’t think BC is passing anything if he/she thinks on that level. Take that shi# to Twitter or one of those other worthless sites. ShintreH, You’ll be familiar the layout such as the LOS, but the big difference is that you will want to know the fine details at Level 2 because of the way the exam can take an item set from any topic. One topic may be worth 6 questions on Level 2 vs 1 question on Level 1.

Just registred for L2, and Im freaking out already. I didnt even start studying yet coz I thought I had failed L1.

Investor83 - Appreciate your thoughts, I’m now starting to see how this is going to be very challenging. Sundusg - Are you still in that skype group for prep in the other forum? If you have space I would also like to join the group. I’m going to start studying this weekend.

Investor83 - Appreciate your thoughts, I’m now starting to see how this is going to be very challenging. Sundusg - Are you still in that skype group for prep in the other forum? If you have space I would also like to join the study group. I’m going to start studying this weekend.

shintreh, that forum is for l1 people but feel free to join coz some of us just passed (!). add me on skype, my id is sundusg_

I’m going to be starting my study this weekend.

Any suggestions on how to go about studying: My plan is to do topics in this order Ethics Equity FSA rest of the topics

I was talking with one of the small group of people I know who took the level one exam recently. He had failed it, as had the [I think] 4 or 5 other people I know who had registered for the Dec09 lvl 1 exam. I realised that NONE of the people I knew/had studied with for lvl 1 would be coming with me to level 2. I was struck by the realization that the CFA is really a lonely road. It’s not something you do because of glamour - not a lot of people in the public know the designation. It’s also not a course of study with a built-in support network, like undergrad programs or some MBA programs that emphasize connections and group work. I guess what I’m starting to realise is that the exam is not only a heck of a lot of difficult material, but that it also requires a candidate who is largely intrinsically motivated and very comfortable devising their own study schedule. I think analystforum helps combat the bleakness of this a lot [finding it for me certainly did] but on the whole, the CFA is a trek that you take on your own.

So you are this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdG0vDZJcJ0 :smiley:

ShintreH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So you are this guy: > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdG0vDZJcJ0 > > :smiley: Yes, but with surprisingly more eyeliner than Billy Joe Armstrong. :(((

shut up

sundusg_ can I also join in skype

How to decide whether to register for L2june10? I haven’t even thought about it since I had no idea if I had passed L1. I took L1 twice in a row so I’ve been studying for the past several months out of the past 15 months. Many people must be wondering this. Four months does not seem like very much time to study. I could wait until July, I think, to register for L2June11 and have plenty of time to study.

well I started studying for L2 in early jan hoping I passed level 1 (i did). Now I tried to sign up for level two and well, I can’t. Turns out you can’t take L2 if you have yet to complete your undergrad degree ( I don’t finish till dec '10) bummer!