To those that have taken multiple tests

If you have taken the free CFAI sample exam…how do you think it compares to the other exams (other CFAI samples or mocks or schweser)? Comparable, softball, harder? I will be moving on to some essay tests next. I have no idea what to expect there. Thanks.

The CFAI sample exam was my highest score, but it’s also the smallest sample size w/ only 30 questions. The difficulty seemed reasonable.

What all have you taken McLeod?

Hmm… So far I’ve taken: Schweser Practice Exams Vol. 1 (all of them) 2004 CFA Exam (IPS Questions) 2005 CFA Exam (IPS Questions) 2006 CFA Exam 2008 CFA Exam CFAI Sample Exam A$$loads of Q-bank questions I think I’m going to crack into Schweser Vol 2 tonight.

Dude! I am way behind. Have you had trouble with time on any of the morning sections (especially 2008)?

I finished 2008 in exactly 3 hours, and it was rushed. I had a good amount of time left for everything else. I really hope that they take it easy on the time constraint this year.

You cats are demoralizing me. BAN!

You are Swan. You got it.

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I finished 2008 in exactly 3 hours, and it was > rushed. I had a good amount of time left for > everything else. I really hope that they take it > easy on the time constraint this year. Good to know. Thanks.

What was that infamous guy’s name that came on the forums in L1 and L2 trying to pass each exam in approx two weeks.

Bleron.

Yes, I feel like Bleron.

http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,599748,600357#msg-600357

When I was reading the pensions portion, I repeatedly caught myself reading DB in the text as “deuche bag” in my head. Somewhat more surprising is that the logic of the text still seemed to be making intuitive sense.

I should notify CFAi, let them know they need to tone down their text a bit, it’s just too racy.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > When I was reading the pensions portion, I > repeatedly caught myself reading DB in the text as > “deuche bag” in my head. Somewhat more surprising > is that the logic of the text still seemed to be > making intuitive sense. This is terrifying.

i got my lowest score on that sample, but it was the first test i took and before i made my formula book. i either improved since then or the schweser test that i took was way easier. i truly think it’s the latter.

I like your answer better than McLeod’s. : )

What all have you taken at this point SF?

2005,2006, 2007. i did 2007 in one sitting. got worn out yesterday with 2006 because i couldn’t tell whether i didn’t know an answer or the question wasn’t covered this year. took schweser volume 2, exam 1 and volume 1 exam 1. did about a quarter of another volume 2 exam today.